Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 03:55 PM

15 posts, read 32,552 times

Advertisements

got a letter today about hubby - says he's eligible for EBs - if I understand what we've learned on here from jdljr, that means that we aren't going to get the 7 or 8 weeks of back pay we thought/hoped he was eligible for since the bill signed last week was for EUC tiers, not EB...is this correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 04:11 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
got a letter today about hubby - says he's eligible for EBs - if I understand what we've learned on here from jdljr, that means that we aren't going to get the 7 or 8 weeks of back pay we thought/hoped he was eligible for since the bill signed last week was for EUC tiers, not EB...is this correct?
If he was denied EUC in the past...then yeah, you'll only be able to draw EB. But if he was drawing EUC and didn't exhaust it (all four tiers), then that's what he should be drawing next, I'd think.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:18 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly57 View Post
Well, I am one of the people on here with an interstate claim (I currently live in PA). I had kept filing my claims online after I received the initial two weeks of claims since the state I live in wasn't in a EB period. I wrote yesterday asking if or when or what I needed to do to find out if I'd get paid for those back weeks since the new bill was passed. Well, lo and behold I checked my claim online & the 3 weeks I missed are recorded as being processed yesterday the 27th of July. Yay! I was so relieved. The funds ARE NOT in my account yet so I'm hoping it may just take another day to process in there. Does that sound right?

One of the problems I ran into is that there are NO PHONE NUMBER FOR NC INTERSTATE CLAIMS available anywhere on the web or on NESC's website or on any piece of correspondence I've been sent. Any help there anyone? Also, after analyzing my claim online I noticed it says I'm getting paid for EUC & the letter I received a few weeks back said I was eligible for EB & would receive that. Confused? To say the least. So I'm not really sure what the heck I'm getting paid for. What does it all mean? I'm just thankful I'm getting something & I can pay some bills.

I just wanted to post my info. to give hope to anyone with interstate claims going on. But, if anyone has any info. as far as a phone number & how long it would now take to receive the funds once they're noted on my online account...well it would be helpful & relieve some pressure.
At the time you qualified for EB you probably were set up for that because the EUC program had ended and had not yet been extended. Now that it's been extended, sounds like you've been reverted back to EUC. EUC is supposed to pay before EB, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

As far as an Interstate number, it was my understanding that they used to have a dedicated interstate phone number, but then got rid of it and folded it all under the New Initial File Line. Offhand I don't know the number but if you were to go to the website and find the phone number to file a new initial claim, hopefully somehow you'd get through to a live person to ask to be connected to the interstate unit.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
My file switched over from EB to EUC last night... I'm assuming I'm starting year 2 tier one. I'm hoping to get a letter soon to let me know.
However I'm glad to just be able to breathe again!
One of my emails indicated a specific group of folks would not be getting a letter in the mail, but I can't remember which group of folks. But the run that Raleigh did last night seemingly caught a lot of claims to get them back in pay status, however I ran across one today that it didn't catch, and my Manager had one too. We are trying a manual "A1" on those tonight to see if we can do it ourselves.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:24 PM

15 posts, read 32,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
I don't mean to be dumb but I dont even know how what tier he's on or was on. It's all really confusing for me.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Yeeeeeah, it is beyond frustrating. I'm hearing about people in other states have already started getting their money as of yesterday and today. California apparently was on it Monday. Of course, I'm hearing alot of those other states allowed you to file for the weeks that there was no extension passed...so it sounds like they were ready to start paying out because people had already certified. NC might have alot more to do to get everyone caught up, which includes the need for them to call people in for a job search audit in order to get paid for back weeks. Along with my horrendous experience with the RES program and getting the occasional incorrect determination letter and this...it doesn't seem like they always have their -s- together sometimes, ya know.

Of course, I'm not putting down some of the people that work there (elbow, elbow, wink, wink) ...but it just seems like, at times, the NCESC makes more work for themselves than necessary had they done certain things differently.
They're continuing to work on it, and many claims ARE now back in pay status. Believe it or not, even though they ran the A1 transaction last night to get a lot of claims back in pay status, I did not have one phone call today from anyone that needs to have back weeks paid. Not saying they're not out there, and I do expect to get some. The A1 transactions last night did build EUC on claims, did switch folks from EB to EUC, did revert payments from EB to EUC, did open pay order weeks. So yours may now have a payorder open with funds there to pay. It'd be a matter of you getting ahold of someone to process the back weeks, as it won't be automatic. You'll likely have to bring your worksearch records into the office for any back weeks for which you want to be paid, or just begin certifying this week and move forward from there. Some folks will elect to have the back weeks paid, others will elect to just begin again from this point.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
JDL JR ? any update?
ALSO any news on the UNFORTUNATE ONES like myself, who last ceritfied OVER 28 days ago???

I know you said we would have to day WEEKS ON PAPER and go into the local office, BUTTTTTT

Can we do that now??? I mean, can I just show up tomorrow? or do we have to wait until whatever Raleigh is doing is done?

ALSO when i show up, u said wed need to bring job search records- DO YOU MEAN just for those weeks we couldnt certify online? like the last 4 or 5 weeks? ORRRRR do i have to bring my job search records for the last 17 months????

I dont mean to be rude, and its not your fault. but tomorrow will be a week this passed, and most states are making more progress than NC.

Thanks for all the help and God bless!
If it were me, I would call your local office first to make sure that your claim now has a payorder open, and funds there to pay. If it does, then ask them what you need to do to get the backweeks paid. I'd hate for you to make a trip there only to find out yours isn't yet ready. Many claims are now ready, I believe, although I guess they may still be working on some programming. To be honest, I'm not really sure if the A1s last night that ran is actually the bulk of their programming fix, or if there's more to come. All the claims (except one) that I looked at today now have EUC there and are ready to pay, although admittedly, none of them were back further than 2 weeks. In those cases, claimants should be able to do their own certifications.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
I recieved my last check of regular UI (26 weeks) last week. The same week they passed the bill. I was not expecting to get $$$ this week. I went in to the ESC last Thursday and filed for EB just in case that would kick in this week as they get everything up and running again. Well, I got my $$$ this week. Got a letter from ESC yesterday saying I am monetarily eligible for EUC benefits for 20 weeks. So I was kicked into Tier 1 without a hitch the week after the bill was passed. Didn't miss a beat. Maybe because I didn't actually go any time without receiving $$$ and there was never a stoppage in my $$$ that I was able to smoothly go right into Tier 1. Not sure.

One question: Since I am in Tier 1 and not on EB will I get called in for a review on Tier 1, or are reviews usually done for those on EB? Just curious.
You could be asked at any time to produce your worksearch records. However, I believe most eligibility reviews are for folks who are in EB.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
Hi, I have a review on Friday. I have applied to a lot of jobs on craigslist.
most of them don't tell you who the employer is. So just put the email address? Also on the from NCUI 506E it has space for three job searches a week. I thought we only needed two? It's hard enough to find one job to apply for in a week.
Another concern I have is what if the employer deletes the email because I'm sure they get hundreds of them?
Thanks!
Keep in mind that the requirement is not to APPLY for two jobs a week. It's to have two employer CONTACTS. In-person is best. As such, although particular employers may not be hiring, the contact possibilities are endless. Of course if, in your contacts, you find out that they are accepting applications, that's great! You don't have to limit your contacts to those employers who are advertising jobs. 70-80% of available jobs are never advertised.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Heh...have you ever applied to the same job twice? I've done that a few times not knowing that I had already sent my resume. Then when I log it in, I look up like 3 rows (on excel), and I see the same damn position.

On a related note...I spoke to one of my buddies who is in a similar boat as I'm in, except he ran out of benefits a week before me (we got laid off together among 10 others on that day). And I told him what jdljr said in that we will need to report our job search records for the time we haven't been able to collect, and he told me he didn't know he was supposed to keep tracking them and following the NCESC's specific guidelines. He says he's looked and sent resumes in, but isn't tracking it, so now he's panicking like a little nancy trying to figure out where he applied, etc.
Well each week he's certifying, the question clearly asks if you're able, available, seeking work and KEEPING A RECORD OF YOUR WORKSEARCH AS DIRECTED BY THE COMMISSION". "Didn't know" won't be acceptable if he is directed to produce his worksearch records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina