Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 01:45 PM

8 posts, read 15,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
jdljr will need to fill in some gaps...

If you were not eligible and didn't draw any EUC (starting with Tier 1)in your first benefit year and don't qualify for a new regular claim in your second benefit year...then I don't think there's anything left for you to draw, except any remaining EB.

If you were determined monetarily eligible for EUC during your first benefit year (you would find out after your initial regular claim ends), then yes, you will qualify for a pull forward.

The letters you had gotten stating that you do not qualify for EUC suggests to me that the ESC attempted to see if you qualify for new EUC benefits in your second benefit year, which it was determined that you do not qualify. Nor did it sound like (from your first post) you were approved for a new regular claim in your second benefit year. They then saw that you do qualify for a pull forwards of first year EUC benefits and they sent you that determination letter for Tier 2.

That's kinda what happened to me, except I was approved for a new regular claim of 13 weeks when I filed for my second benefit year. Once I exhausted that, they checked to see if I was eligible for a new EUC claim, which i did not qualify and I got like 5 letters saying I didn't qualify. But about 3 days later, I got a monetary determination letter stating that I was eligible for Tier 2 EUC benefits. I've now exhausted that...and am waiting as patiently as humanly possible for a bump to Tier 3.
yea, as far as my first year went i started receiving euc benefits in jan 2010 and then exhausted my benefits mid june 2010. thats when i filed for extended benefits and got approved and received that until my benefit year came to an end 7/17/10. whats really disappointing is i missed the 4550 mark by $106 to receive benefits in my second year or at least that's what i understood from the paperwork, but as long as my remainders get pulled forward im good. im gonna call or go up to my esc office tomorrow to ensure everything's in order on their end as well as mine. thanks Frrrunkis!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 02:00 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbig View Post
yea, as far as my first year went i started receiving euc benefits in jan 2010 and then exhausted my benefits mid june 2010. thats when i filed for extended benefits and got approved and received that until my benefit year came to an end 7/17/10. whats really disappointing is i missed the 4550 mark by $106 to receive benefits in my second year or at least that's what i understood from the paperwork, but as long as my remainders get pulled forward im good. im gonna call or go up to my esc office tomorrow to ensure everything's in order on their end as well as mine. thanks Frrrunkis!
Yeah, that's what I basically wanted to make sure...as long as you were approved for EUC benefits in your first year, you can absolutely pull any of the unused EUC benefits from your first year to your second year. And it sounds like the ESC is in the process of doing just that since you got a tier 2 determination letter. It might be good to call and confirm that and try to see if they know when you'll officially be set up to draw Tier 2. They might just be a tad pre-occupied at the moment with the extension.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:39 PM

23 posts, read 40,913 times
jdlr......I have a question about the new extension. I rec'd all of the money through Tier 4 and am just about to exhaust EB (week 18 of 18 1/2 week determination). Am I eligible for this new extension? I was one of the first to be laid off (school psychologist) in 06 and originally qualified for 23 weeks. Since then, they've continued to lay off more and more and more in all surrounding districts. Then, I"ve rec'd the percentages you've cited before (next one 80% of money etc). If it's easier to just summarize HR 4213, that's great too. I've read several things that attempt to summarize the new extension, but they are not clear. Thanks for any information you can give.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:13 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueiz1980 View Post
I have been unemployed since April 2008, my claim started paying out in August of 08 after I had my hearing because I was originally denied. My claim is still open, however I recieved the "benefits exhausted" message 2 weeks ago. According to the call center, one area says that I have recieved tier IV, but the other area says that I have not. I am not eleigible for EB. I am extremely confused over what is going on with my claim, and no one has been able to give me any information to clarify things, citing that because the 2010 extension hasn't came down to the state level yet they don't know.

So, my question is, am I going to receive any more funds because of the passing of the extension. I have put in hundreds of applications, going counties over, trying to get a job and I am currently in school. It wouldn't surprise me if I fall in the category of permanatly exhausted benefits. I had worked since I was 15 years old, and worked at my last job for almost ten years. Can anyone adivise? It seems like y'all know more of what is going on than the ppl at the offices do.

Thanks .
If you have indeed received your Tier 4, then your benefits would be exhausted after that. The legislation that was just signed included no new extensions. It was simply only extending the expiration date of the EUC program to November 30th. If you've not yet received your Tier 4, then you should still be able to get that.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
just wanting to make sure of something, if i am not eligible for regular benefits in my second year would the remainder of my extended benefits from my first year be pulled forward?
They should be, yes.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esjh View Post
JDLJR - thank you. Before receiving your reply, I did get through to local office, and they have confused me even more. They told me to check my current part time employer - which just doesn't make any sense at all. It makes me wonder if I should not even attempt to fill it out on line, and go into the office to complete info for 2nd year? I don't want to get penalized for working part time while receiving benefits.
I would go in person then, so you can explain to them that it's a PART TIME SIDE JOB and you're still searching for a replacement, full time position to replace the one you were laid off from.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly57 View Post
Ok, I don't know if my question is in here somewhere, there are 126 pages & it's so hard to review every page, so I apologize if this is a duplicate of a prior question. I originally filed unemplyment in Feb. 2009. Moved to PA in Dec. 2009. Continued to get benefits. Went into EB last week of May. Collected for 2 weeks because PA wasn't paying for EB. I continued to file each week since we were waiting to see if President Obama passed law for EB. I check PA's unemployment website & this is what it says:
EUC Extension through Nov. 27, 2010

President Obama on Thursday signed into law House Resolution 4213, extending the emergency unemployment compensation, or EUC, program and full federal funding of state extended benefits through Nov. 27, 2010. The law is retroactive allowing eligible claimants to be paid for weeks of unemployment after the previous law expired on June 5. Learn more…

So my question is do I just keep continuing to file since I was supposed to get 12 weeks of EB (most def if I still lived in NC) & will they eventually catch up & pay me for the weeks I've filed since the bill was passed? Or do I need to try & call the interstate claim office? I do have a very promising job prospect with a good company lined up....fingers crossed. But, at the moment my checking is negative with bills piling up.

Thanks for whatever help or advice you can throw my way!
Well, the EUC program is different from EB. You will need to contact the interstate unit and have somebody check the latest trigger list (I got a new one yesterday) to see if PA is triggered back on - I think they are - whereby you should still be able to get EB then. Not sure about the back weeks, someone at the Interstate unit may be able to key back weeks for you if necessary.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
well i had exhuasted my benefits from my first benefit year, and started collecting extended benefits until my initial claim year ended. I just got five letters in the mail from the esc office and i was correct in assuming i wasnt monetarily eligible to receive euc benefits. i also received a letter stating i was monetarily eligible for second tier euc benefits. so is this second tier statement the pull forward from the first year? also i thought that since it was a pull forward i wouldnt have to go through a waiting week, but i am still unable to file my weekly claim.
Yea, the letter about the 2nd tier should be pull forward money. And when they do pull forward the stuff, you won't have to serve a new waiting week. You may not be able to file right now because of ESC not yet having all the programming run and done to get claims back into pay status. BUT, without being able to see your claim, I can't say for sure. You'll need to have someone evaluate it.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
jdljr will need to fill in some gaps...

If you were not eligible and didn't draw any EUC (starting with Tier 1)in your first benefit year and don't qualify for a new regular claim in your second benefit year...then I don't think there's anything left for you to draw, except any remaining EB.

If you were determined monetarily eligible for EUC during your first benefit year (you would find out after your initial regular claim ends), then yes, you will qualify for a pull forward.

The letters you had gotten stating that you do not qualify for EUC suggests to me that the ESC attempted to see if you qualify for new EUC benefits in your second benefit year, which it was determined that you do not qualify. Nor did it sound like (from your first post) you were approved for a new regular claim in your second benefit year. They then saw that you do qualify for a pull forwards of first year EUC benefits and they sent you that determination letter for Tier 2.

That's kinda what happened to me, except I was approved for a new regular claim of 13 weeks when I filed for my second benefit year. Once I exhausted that, they checked to see if I was eligible for a new EUC claim, which i did not qualify and I got like 5 letters saying I didn't qualify. But about 3 days later, I got a monetary determination letter stating that I was eligible for Tier 2 EUC benefits. I've now exhausted that...and am waiting as patiently as humanly possible for a bump to Tier 3.
Sounds correct. And just to add, if you monetarily qualify for EUC, you would also monetarily qualify for EB. And vice versa...if you do not monetarily qualify for EUC, you would also not monetarily qualify for EB.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
"On Tuesday, July 27, 2010 the internet service to apply for benefits will be unavailable beginning at 6:30 PM. This interruption does not affect weekly certifications, only new applications for benefits. If you need to file a new claim after 6:30 PM, you may do so by telephone at 1-877-841-9617."

From the ESC website -- guess the flipover-thing JDLJR was referring to will occur tonight...just like JDLJR said!! Trying not to get to excited!
Yea, they're still running "A1" transactions tonight to create payorders on claims, and I'm hoping when I see some claims tomorrow they'll have a payorder AND a balance of the next tier, and we'll be able to start helping folks get paid!

At the same time, I had an email today that they are NOT running the "pull forward" programming tonight due to this other program running, and hope to do it Wednesday night instead. Will have to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina