Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 AM

15 posts, read 32,556 times

Advertisements

hubby's didn't switch from EB to EUC but the effective date DID change to back in June...assume that's good news as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 09:09 AM

27 posts, read 47,355 times
Arrg! I'm into my second year, 15th week... I was finally able to file for the last two weeks today, but get this message..

"Your claim for the week of 7/24/2010 has been accepted but cannot be processed for payment because your claim is monetarily ineligible. If you need further information, please call the Remote Service Center at 1-888-737-02"

Old 07-28-2010, 09:27 AM

245 posts, read 956,516 times
All I can say is keep filing your claim if the system will let you. Then of course you can try to call & if you're lucky enough to actually get someone to answer the phone. Of course then it depends on the person who answers & how knowledgeable & helpful they are.

This is so very confusing, I know I'm not stupid but I am having such trouble figuring out all the tiers, extended benefits, emergency benefits, etc. I have no clue where I'm at. Especially since my online acct says one thing & the letters I receive say another. So I just keep filing online & try to speak to someone when I can't find the info on here.

I am so blown away by the help jfljlr has provided for so many of us, thank God for people like that! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Last edited by butterfly57; 07-28-2010 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-28-2010, 09:31 AM

27 posts, read 47,355 times
Thanks for the encouragement. I do find it frustrating as there is nothing on my claim that should be holding me back at all. I've not received any letters as of yet, maybe something will come today. Trying to call in today has been fruitless, just get the "unable to complete this call" message.

I remember someone posted a number here on the site that usually worked, but I can't find it.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:11 AM

Calling the Cary office is usually helpful...not sure of your exact location but maybe if you can get someone in Cary on the phone, they can give you a more direct line for someone in the Raleigh office

Old 07-28-2010, 10:27 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,867 times
Yeeeeeah, it is beyond frustrating. I'm hearing about people in other states have already started getting their money as of yesterday and today. California apparently was on it Monday. Of course, I'm hearing alot of those other states allowed you to file for the weeks that there was no extension passed...so it sounds like they were ready to start paying out because people had already certified. NC might have alot more to do to get everyone caught up, which includes the need for them to call people in for a job search audit in order to get paid for back weeks. Along with my horrendous experience with the RES program and getting the occasional incorrect determination letter and this...it doesn't seem like they always have their -s- together sometimes, ya know.

Of course, I'm not putting down some of the people that work there (elbow, elbow, wink, wink) ...but it just seems like, at times, the NCESC makes more work for themselves than necessary had they done certain things differently.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:53 AM

407 posts, read 661,070 times
JDL JR ? any update?
ALSO any news on the UNFORTUNATE ONES like myself, who last ceritfied OVER 28 days ago???

I know you said we would have to day WEEKS ON PAPER and go into the local office, BUTTTTTT

Can we do that now??? I mean, can I just show up tomorrow? or do we have to wait until whatever Raleigh is doing is done?

ALSO when i show up, u said wed need to bring job search records- DO YOU MEAN just for those weeks we couldnt certify online? like the last 4 or 5 weeks? ORRRRR do i have to bring my job search records for the last 17 months????

I dont mean to be rude, and its not your fault. but tomorrow will be a week this passed, and most states are making more progress than NC.

Thanks for all the help and God bless!

Old 07-28-2010, 11:08 AM

I just wish they'd change the generic statement on their website to give us some idea of their plans, time frame, etc. It'd save us a lot of stress and them a lot of phone calls.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 AM

245 posts, read 956,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
I just wish they'd change the generic statement on their website to give us some idea of their plans, time frame, etc. It'd save us a lot of stress and them a lot of phone calls.
I agree wholeheartedly with that statement! I really don't want to call & if I'm lucky enough to get through, sit on hold for over an hour then to just get the run around. If they could just update each section daily or weekly, it would eliminate a ton of phone calls I'm sure.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:41 PM

108 posts, read 160,678 times
I recieved my last check of regular UI (26 weeks) last week. The same week they passed the bill. I was not expecting to get $$$ this week. I went in to the ESC last Thursday and filed for EB just in case that would kick in this week as they get everything up and running again. Well, I got my $$$ this week. Got a letter from ESC yesterday saying I am monetarily eligible for EUC benefits for 20 weeks. So I was kicked into Tier 1 without a hitch the week after the bill was passed. Didn't miss a beat. Maybe because I didn't actually go any time without receiving $$$ and there was never a stoppage in my $$$ that I was able to smoothly go right into Tier 1. Not sure.

One question: Since I am in Tier 1 and not on EB will I get called in for a review on Tier 1, or are reviews usually done for those on EB? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina