Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 12:13 PM

131 posts, read 233,181 times

Advertisements

EGAD! What melluvahess!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 12:37 PM

193 posts, read 286,444 times
im sure it won't take them that long to take the money from the tax refunds. just saying.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:59 PM

656 posts, read 1,142,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
EGAD! What melluvahess!!!
Thanks for making me smile!
I'll have to remember the mellavahess! lol

Old 09-24-2010, 01:00 PM

20 posts, read 44,708 times
Anyone get the letters yet? Yesterday I received a letter stating that I was eligible for Tier 4 (this is from my pullforward). Then today I received a letter stating that I owed $247. I emailed and called and left a message for the person I normally deal with but am dieing to get the facts. Tier 4 alone was not enough to make up for the 13 weeks over paid. But if I owe then I must have only been eligible for 4 weeks of EB.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingonline View Post
Anyone get the letters yet? Yesterday I received a letter stating that I was eligible for Tier 4 (this is from my pullforward). Then today I received a letter stating that I owed $247. I emailed and called and left a message for the person I normally deal with but am dieing to get the facts. Tier 4 alone was not enough to make up for the 13 weeks over paid. But if I owe then I must have only been eligible for 4 weeks of EB.
I just ran down the driveway and practically "mugged" my mailman...... no letter today either....ugh

Old 09-24-2010, 01:14 PM

ok, my update...
Got a new nicer rep at the Raleigh Service center , very friendly and compassionate.
I played dumb and acted like I was just calling to find out what I have available to me, since I read the esc site (alert)and know that I fall into the category of those that will be effected.
She didn't mention anything to me at all about me owing any overpayment, like the rude lady did yesterday.
She said "Let me help you out here, looks like you have exhausted all of your tiers 1-3 in your first benefit year and that's why your claim says "Benefit exhausted"...

Ok, so that makes sense..?
She then went on to "assure" me that I should be able to file my certification like normal on Sunday., start in tier 4 at my last years weekly amt and then move into EB... she told me I have 31 weeks available to draw from .
I still can't figure that amt out, but my year will end by then anyway (Feb 6th)and HOPEFULLY after my classes in Nov , Ill be employed!!!!!!??????
I'm not counting on anything yet, sure wished I'd have gotten some type of letter today.
I'll check again tomorrow and TRY to file Sunday.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingonline View Post
Hi!
Were there any instructions for you to follow on the letter(s)?
The ESC website said when we recieve the letter(s) we will need to follow the instructions and email Esc with further questions.

I'm wondering if we have an overpayment, why they don't just deduct it from what we'll be drawing from and keep things moving.,
just curious if they explained any of that in your letters?

Old 09-24-2010, 01:20 PM

330 posts, read 462,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
ok, my update...
Got a new nicer rep at the Raleigh Service center , very friendly and compassionate.
I played dumb and acted like I was just calling to find out what I have available to me, since I read the esc site (alert)and know that I fall into the category of those that will be effected.
She didn't mention anything to me at all about me owing any overpayment, like the rude lady did yesterday.
She said "Let me help you out here, looks like you have exhausted all of your tiers 1-3 in your first benefit year and that's why your claim says "Benefit exhausted"...

Ok, so that makes sense..?
She then went on to "assure" me that I should be able to file my certification like normal on Sunday., start in tier 4 at my last years weekly amt and then move into EB... she told me I have 31 weeks available to draw from .
I still can't figure that amt out, but my year will end by then anyway (Feb 6th)and HOPEFULLY after my classes in Nov , Ill be employed!!!!!!??????
I'm not counting on anything yet, sure wished I'd have gotten some type of letter today.
I'll check again tomorrow and TRY to file Sunday.
how could Tier 4 and EB ever add up to 31? this is why the whole thing is scary. counting(no pun intended) on correct math to be done. we already know the max for EB is 20. and you cant get EB for Year 2 if you get it for Year 1, correct? werent we told that?

Old 09-24-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
how could Tier 4 and EB ever add up to 31?
My thoughts precisely
Even with the max, shouldn't that just be at the most around 26 weeks?... geesh.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:36 PM

776 posts, read 1,687,634 times
Ya know...I had been pretty busy lately and I hadn't been able to at least view this thread much in the last couple weeks...so I said just last night that I should pop in this thread and see how everyone's doing...and I totally forgot about it.

Well, I grabbed the mail this afternoon...and I too get a nice little overpayment letter from the ESC. I owe $322, reportedly for the week of 3/20/2010. Now that was around my 8th or 9th week of regular UI in my second benefit year. I check my bank account and my records...and there was no extra payment ($322 is right around what I get weekly) made for that week and I received 13 regular UI payments and the amount seems to add up on my end. I say "SEEMS TO" because it gets a little confusing because I've got to factor in the taxes that are taken out...and then that $22 some odd dollars added back in from the stimulus. Plus, my online ESC account, as I stated in the past has NEVER been right. I'm just at a loss over this one. In fact, I remember reading someone say months ago that they had an overpayment and they were going to appeal, and I remember posting a response that said, if I was ever told that I had been overpaid...I'd have alot of trouble proving since nothing seems to add up...I can only account for what goes in my bank account.

If they sent me a check, I would've deposited it and I would see it in my account history...the only other thing I can think of is if they put an extra payment on the debit card that they had given me, which I don't use. I'll check the balance of that...but jeez, what a colossal disaster (especially catching up with this thread and reading the last bunch of pages).

I just did get my Tier 4 letter as well. But I've only received 13 weeks of Tier 3 and I haven't gotten that extra week of Tier 2, if that even exists anymore. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina