Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 07:06 AM

177 posts, read 304,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Hi there jskin!
Have you heard any news on any movement with Congress yet?
I've been reading an watching and I haven't heard anything definate.
No not yet. I don't think they are back in session until Monday. For some reason I thought it was a two week break. I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 08:30 AM

656 posts, read 1,140,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
No not yet. I don't think they are back in session until Monday. For some reason I thought it was a two week break. I could be wrong.
Yeah, I think 2 weeks is right.
I'll be anxious to see how they handle everything this week!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:42 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,248 times
Yeah, they're back on Monday, refreshed and ready to serve our best interests.

I think they'll get something passed this week...hopefully right out of the gate on Monday. I've got two more weeks of benefits until my big "Cross my fingers, I need a pull forward!" period.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:07 AM

8 posts, read 15,624 times
Default My benefits are exhausted?

Hi,

I posted a few weeks ago on here about this, and what I was afraid of has happened.... I had 26 weeks of regular Unemployment, then I recieved 20 weeks of EUC for tier 1. My last week for tier one was the week ending April 3rd ( I was paid April 5th) I was right at the cutoff, but it was my understanding that I would roll right into tier two. I tried to file my certification today and it said I had exhausted all of my benefits. Any advice?

Thanks

Old 04-11-2010, 04:30 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpender4636 View Post
Hi,

I posted a few weeks ago on here about this, and what I was afraid of has happened.... I had 26 weeks of regular Unemployment, then I recieved 20 weeks of EUC for tier 1. My last week for tier one was the week ending April 3rd ( I was paid April 5th) I was right at the cutoff, but it was my understanding that I would roll right into tier two. I tried to file my certification today and it said I had exhausted all of my benefits. Any advice?

Thanks
If your benefit year has not ended, then you probably just need a rep to do an "A1" transaction in the "Old Tier 2, New Tier 2" field. They would use a date of 99999999 in the Old Tier 2 field, and a date of 04042010 in the New Tier 2 field, and "N" in the Redetermine All field. That should fix it, from what I've been told.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:09 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Yeah, they're back on Monday, refreshed and ready to serve our best interests.

I think they'll get something passed this week...hopefully right out of the gate on Monday. I've got two more weeks of benefits until my big "Cross my fingers, I need a pull forward!" period.
And I'm still around to watch how you do, because mine follows in
May> ha!!
Yeah, I hope they come back refreshed and ready to get busy, or it'll be a BIG HUGE MESS!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,761 times
I as more confused about unemployment then ever. I started in April 09 and went to file today and it said I had 2 weeks left but when I filled out my questions and so forth it said benefit yr has expired and gave an 888 number to call. Any thought on this. I have not received one letter from them. I will call in the AM but not sure if anyone had any thoughts first.
Thanks
Merry

Old 04-12-2010, 06:39 AM

18 posts, read 35,457 times
With my 2nd year benefits ending next week and with the house not extending the date will I automatically go back to tier 3 which I did not start on in 1st benefit year? If so do I just continue filing and it just kicks in or do I have to wait for congress to pass the extension.

Thanks.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:42 AM

692 posts, read 1,708,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpender4636 View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Same situation....I called and had no problems.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:13 AM

8 posts, read 15,624 times
Thanks for the reply!! I have called and left a message this morning, if I don't get a call back today I will go there. I hope not to do that because the office is like 40 minutes away from me....I hope I dont have any problems, these kinds of situations make me so nervous......thanks for all the help of everyone on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina