Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 06:02 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
(thanks)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 05:35 AM

177 posts, read 304,599 times
IT IS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to you all for listening to me vent over the last three weeks.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 AM

12 posts, read 31,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
IT IS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to you all for listening to me vent over the last three weeks.
Awesome

Old 03-30-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suezq - NC View Post
Awesome
woo-hoo!!!!
!((((((( CELEBRATE!!!!!))))))))

Old 03-30-2010, 01:51 PM

177 posts, read 304,599 times
They overpaid me by $79. Not sure what that is all about. It doesn't show that in the payment history. When I take the three deposits and add $75 for the extra fed payment it is still $79 over. But I'd rather owe them than wait any longer. I'll put it to the side for now.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
They overpaid me by $79. Not sure what that is all about. It doesn't show that in the payment history. When I take the three deposits and add $75 for the extra fed payment it is still $79 over. But I'd rather owe them than wait any longer. I'll put it to the side for now.
I agree with you! Enjoy FINALLY getting paid!
I owe, $ 63.00 from an overpayment when I worked some PT in Jan.

I've called them(Raleigh) 3-4 times on this and all they tell me is to wait til they(Payroll) finds it and I'll get a letter.(whoosh!)

I had said, "but I want to get it paid while I have the $$ now not later".

Can't stand owing and not being able to pay them!(ha)

Old 03-30-2010, 06:06 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
JDLJR

can u update us?

last we heard PULL FORWARDS should have started happening every week
is that working now?
also are the issue with TIER 3 and TIER 4 ironed out? or close?
i ask because my 2nd year ends at the end of April
and since i DONT qualify for NEW extensions
BUT as we previously discussed, i SHOULD qualify for TIER 3 and TIER 4 (since i got max on tiers 1 and 2 on last years EU)
BUTTTTTT
since congress wont vote to extend the extensions again til MID april
and thats CUTTING IT CLOSE for me
i was hoping that maybe this mess has all been ironed out?
and will go smoother when i would be going to tier 3?
or is it still a mess?

thanks again!
The last I heard is that pull forwards should be running every Tuesday night. I haven't heard otherwise.

Also, from what I have seen, most Tier 3 and 4 issues have been ironed out. There may be a few cases where manual intervention is necessary but for the most part, the system should transition from one to the next automatically.

Yea, we'll be waiting for Congress to finalize the extension. Without it, there will be no authority to pay anything past the current phase out date. And hopefully after that they'll get their act together and do a more long-term extension.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:09 PM

20 posts, read 39,409 times
I got a message that my benefits are finally exhausted tier 4 so do you have to wait for the government to reprogram for tier 5 if they are going to for the 99'ers. it told me for further assistance call esc...why it's over until they decide right I know I don't have to reapply new benefit year. If and when If they do, do you have to reopen a claim cause it is going to take more than 4 weeks...just curious...

Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemgem526 View Post
No he never collected from Broyhill because he got a job right after he was laid off (well within a week or two and at the time he was laid off with 300 ppl so unemployment was taking a long time, and he got a job before he ever got unemployment). He was collecting from Adecco who he worked for until 2008, then got another job while he was on unemployment. I think he had been on unemployment 4-5 mths, and now is collecting on that company since they just stopped putting him on the schedule.
He can visit the ESC office and they should be able to tell him straight up front what tier of benefit he's in, and how much is left in that tier. All UI is based on work and earnings in the base period, and as each quarter passes out of the base period, the ability to use that quarter to caluculate UI benefits also passes.

In order to set another UI claim when this benefit year ends, he'd need to have at least $4550 spanning at least two quarters of the base period. In June when his benefit year ends, the base period to file a new claim will be all four quarters of 2009 (in fact, that base period becomes valid this coming Sunday). So if he has at least $4550 earned in 2009, he would qualify for a new regular UI claim. If not, then any unused extension money from his previous benefit year would be transferred to his new benefit year for him to draw.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused10 View Post
I got a message that my benefits are finally exhausted tier 4 so do you have to wait for the government to reprogram for tier 5 if they are going to for the 99'ers. it told me for further assistance call esc...why it's over until they decide right I know I don't have to reapply new benefit year. If and when If they do, do you have to reopen a claim cause it is going to take more than 4 weeks...just curious...
If you've exhausted Tier 4, you MAY have some remaining EB left, but whether you would be able to draw it depends on whether you began a 2nd benefit year and received regular UI and did not qualify for extensions in that new benefit year.

Also, if you exhausted your EUC but still have time left in your benefit year, you may be able to open a new benefit year now if you would qualify for more regular UI in the regular base period.

If you aren't able to collect EB and have no wages to set another regular UI claim, then you have exhausted all benefits at this point. Right now there is no Tier 5, but If they were to implement a Tier 5 down the road, they likely would make it retroactive to pay following the last date someone received Tier 4. At that point it would take manual intervention of your claim to key in back weeks, or, if your benefit year ran out before they got Tier 5 implemented, I *think* you'd have to file a new benefit year and payments may start from that point (not sure whether they can go back and pay weeks in a benefit year that has already ended).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina