Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 AM

5 posts, read 8,453 times

Advertisements

jljdr, thanks a bunch - I read a ton of your posts before actually joining and they've really been a lot of help. Much Appreciation!

For the people who decided they needed to act like kids, congratulations on your accomplishments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 AM

177 posts, read 305,006 times
Hey guys!

I am hoping one of you can give me some insight. My first benefit year ended in November. I had recieved all of tier 2 and one week of EB. I quailfied for anew benefit year. I got 13 weeks. The last week was 2/27. I do not meet the 1.5 rule to get a new round of extensions. This week when I tried to file it would not let me and said benefits exhausted. I emailed my rep and she said yes your benefits are exhausted. I thought we were allowed to pull forward the remaining extensions (tier 3 and 4) Is that not the case? Anyone else deal with this successfully? HELP!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM

656 posts, read 1,141,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Hey guys!

I am hoping one of you can give me some insight. My first benefit year ended in November. I had recieved all of tier 2 and one week of EB. I quailfied for anew benefit year. I got 13 weeks. The last week was 2/27. I do not meet the 1.5 rule to get a new round of extensions. This week when I tried to file it would not let me and said benefits exhausted. I emailed my rep and she said yes your benefits are exhausted. I thought we were allowed to pull forward the remaining extensions (tier 3 and 4) Is that not the case? Anyone else deal with this successfully? HELP!
I haven't had to deal with that yet, since I just started my 2nd benefit year. However there are several others that posted just yesterday that are having the same problem.
IMO, from what I have read here and on other sites ect... It seems like the computer system has stopped pullforwards for (the time being) to set up the new 30 day extension and finish getting the tier 4 in place. Jdljr had mentioned that his would happen a few pages back and also it was on the news last week.

I'm willing to bet you'll get the rest of your tier 3 and 4 pullforward when it's all set.
However,you may have to hope for that 30 day extension to get extended to a later date for you to collect.
If your current tier you were collecting wasn't finished by Feb 27th and now April 4th, you would be done.....

Question is , if and when will that new date kick in and as of now, nobody knows.

And very unfortunately it seems our esc rep. Jdljr has decided to not come back.(I'm so upset for him) I totally understand why he left, I'd have been long gone after the comments made to him.

I hope somebody else can pop on here and revive this thread and really have some factual answers for all of us.
Goodluck!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:04 AM

10 posts, read 17,924 times
A News story will be on WRAL TV at 5:00pm today,How do I know??Because Bruce Mildwurf just interviewed me for the 5:00 news for tonight,we discussed the current situations,like the over payment issue,the tier 4 issue,which he states will be in effect on March 17th.I gave him alot of information, letters I had received form the NCESC about eligiblities through out my unemployment, He even took shots of my profile showing the current mess I am in etc. and that we need to have an extension for everyone throughout the country asap so we dont truely lose our life line.IE an extension till the end of DEC 2010.Should be very interesting tonight hope you can watch and get some answers as to what is going on with the NCESC.Thanks and Good Luck to you All.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 PM

177 posts, read 305,006 times
KC-

Thank you. I too miss Jdljr as I know he could have helped as he has in the past. The really worrisome thing is the rep at my local office told me she hadnt heard of a "pull forward". She told me to keep filing every week but the system will not allow me to file. After the first page it goes to a screen saying benefits exhausted. I think I have work starting in June. I just need a life line until then.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrd111 View Post
A News story will be on WRAL TV at 5:00pm today,How do I know??Because Bruce Mildwurf just interviewed me for the 5:00 news for tonight,we discussed the current situations,like the over payment issue,the tier 4 issue,which he states will be in effect on March 17th.I gave him alot of information, letters I had received form the NCESC about eligiblities through out my unemployment, He even took shots of my profile showing the current mess I am in etc. and that we need to have an extension for everyone throughout the country asap so we dont truely lose our life line.IE an extension till the end of DEC 2010.Should be very interesting tonight hope you can watch and get some answers as to what is going on with the NCESC.Thanks and Good Luck to you All.
wow,
Thanks for sharing the info.
I'll be sure to tune in!

Old 03-08-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
KC-

Thank you. I too miss Jdljr as I know he could have helped as he has in the past. The really worrisome thing is the rep at my local office told me she hadnt heard of a "pull forward". She told me to keep filing every week but the system will not allow me to file. After the first page it goes to a screen saying benefits exhausted. I think I have work starting in June. I just need a life line until then.
What about filing by phone , does it give you the same message?
So strange she hasn't heard of a pull forward???> Yikes, thers so many reps that give out conflicting info!!!

I always call the Raleigh #.
I wait forever, but they usually seem to help with issues alot better than the local office.
If I were you I'd find some way to keep filing every week., I believe after the tier 4 gets going then the pull forwards will be next.
Hopefully all by the end of the month.

Another member just posted they they were interviewed concerning all of the issues with unemployment. It'll be on their local TV station televised tonite at 5 pm.
Maybe there will be something on tonite that we can gain some insight from.
Their post is on this page also.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:49 PM

407 posts, read 661,656 times
JDLJR!

Please come back!

i know u have to put up with crapola sometimes but to be honest
the people really and truly need your help and guidance!

it might sound pathetic but u r the one source of info for many of us out here!

please come back and dont let a few rude people hurt all of us!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
JDLJR!

Please come back!

i know u have to put up with crapola sometimes but to be honest
the people really and truly need your help and guidance!

it might sound pathetic but u r the one source of info for many of us out here!

please come back and dont let a few rude people hurt all of us!
I know how you feel.

I know he really must have enjoyed helping all of us., to come here so loyally in his spare time.
Like he said, he's not a confrontational kind of person and after working with people at esc all day long and then to get anything other than Thankyou's on this thread is so upsetting.
Let alone the totally uncalled for personal bashing!!!

I'm hoping he still reads some of these posts and decides to pop back in at least a couple times a week.
Heck ,anythng he can offer would be of so much benefit to all of us that visit here.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:53 PM

20 posts, read 39,449 times
I called the esc about why I couldn't file and I talked to two different reps and they told me march 17th tier 4 would be in place and that you should get a letter stating backpay and what is being owed to you but since you can't file i don't see how that is but two different reps told me the same thing, so I don't know has anyone heard this. I'LL BE GLAD WHEN THIS PULL FORWARD IS OVER. so I can pay the bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina