Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 10:52 AM

86 posts, read 174,181 times

Advertisements

He gets paid for what he does. Nobody in the right mind is going to have a job this boring from 8 to 5, then come home and spend 3 hours a day volunteering to help unemployed people who sleep all day and then wake up to have their benefit questions answered at night. He thinks of all of you (us) as handout junkies, as most of NCESC employees do. He talks with a script, and if its off the script, he gets mad and talks down like he did in my case. I had help from other people on this thread, but JDLJR helped me with nothing except told me to patiently wait for the letters. That's my opinion. This thread helps me. It was the only reason i was able to get my benefits in January. i followed the procedure that people posted here, and it worked. Otherwise, i still would be sitting by my mailbox and wait for the letters to come from NCESC. so thank you very much for opening it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 12:06 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
He gets paid for what he does. Nobody in the right mind is going to have a job this boring from 8 to 5, then come home and spend 3 hours a day volunteering to help unemployed people who sleep all day and then wake up to have their benefit questions answered at night. He thinks of all of you (us) as handout junkies, as most of NCESC employees do. He talks with a script, and if its off the script, he gets mad and talks down like he did in my case. I had help from other people on this thread, but JDLJR helped me with nothing except told me to patiently wait for the letters. That's my opinion. This thread helps me. It was the only reason i was able to get my benefits in January. i followed the procedure that people posted here, and it worked. Otherwise, i still would be sitting by my mailbox and wait for the letters to come from NCESC. so thank you very much for opening it.

WE have very different oppinions on the matter, however your entitiled to yours.
I cannot continue to be angry, however I did go through that at one point.....life is too short.
At my age I need my health (mental as well as physical) to work until the day comes that I can be be semi retired.
I to,am very glad theres a forum like this.

I did have to "chuckle" at your sleep all day comment.
I personally haven't been able to sleep in the daytime since working 3rd shift some 3 years ago.
I get my 5 hrs after midnight and I'm good to go in the morning....with the help of my morning coffee and a prayer to the good lord to guide me on my days path.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 PM

64 posts, read 168,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
WE have very different oppinions on the matter, however your entitiled to yours.
I cannot continue to be angry, however I did go through that at one point.....life is too short.
At my age I need my health (mental as well as physical) to work until the day comes that I can be be semi retired.
I to,am very glad theres a forum like this.

I did have to "chuckle" at your sleep all day comment.
I personally haven't been able to sleep in the daytime since working 3rd shift some 3 years ago.
I get my 5 hrs after midnight and I'm good to go in the morning....with the help of my morning coffee and a prayer to the good lord to guide me on my days path.
I chuckled as well and had to about that one. Like you my day starts out with much needed coffee and a prayer but I am managing close to 6 hrs a night. Thank God!

Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnte View Post
I chuckled as well and had to about that one. Like you my day starts out with much needed coffee and a prayer but I am managing close to 6 hrs a night. Thank God!
Ha!
I have a dog that is a continuous 5 am alarm clock.......>lol

Old 03-05-2010, 01:45 PM

64 posts, read 168,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Ha!
I have a dog that is a continuous 5 am alarm clock.......>lol
I completely understand! Mine thinks hes a people and sleeps with me!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:27 PM

86 posts, read 174,181 times
alright then. now, when everybody got into a much better mood, let's get the rest of those benefits and when they run out, get a job so we don't have to hear NCESC word ever again. Have a great week-end everybody, it'll be sunny and warm in Carolinas this week-end.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
alright then. now, when everybody got into a much better mood, let's get the rest of those benefits and when they run out, get a job so we don't have to hear NCESC word ever again. Have a great week-end everybody, it'll be sunny and warm in Carolinas this week-end.
I'm ready for sunshine
You have a wonderful weekend also!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:56 PM

10 posts, read 17,904 times
When will this pull foward over payment of benefits be resolved?

Old 03-05-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnte View Post
I completely understand! Mine thinks hes a people and sleeps with me!

( Thinks he's a "people", lol)
We call our dog our "Furry son"
I do wish he' dsleep til 6 am and then maybe I'd get that 6 hrs like you do.

Hope you have a sunny happy weekend

Old 03-05-2010, 04:24 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker28115 View Post
JDLJR
From what i've read ,I hope your still around here on this thread.
I have a question I'm hoping you can answer for me.
I've been on benefits for 10 months now.
This past Jan-Feb 4th I worked a part time job. I claimed my income when i certified online.

When my employer from that job turns in his wage report for this 1st quarter '10 and NCESC cross references' it with what I claimed, do they audit my account and also send an audit to my employer?
I know my amount matches what he'll turn in.
I think i read a simular question a few pages back on this thread.
Just curious how this process works.

I almost hesitated working the part time job, since I didn't make anymore in the long run after my benefits were decreased.
If they audit me and there's any type of holdups with my benefits, I may not work anymore part time and wait til I find fulltime employment.
The man I worked for told me up front he didn't want to have to fill out a bunch of payroll @#$!
To make sure I claimed all my pay.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it!
There should be some sort of crossmatch report that runs automatically that will compare the wages reported by your employer to the wages reported by you while you were working the part time job. I don't think you have anything to worry about if you've reported wages. I think even if you're off a few bucks nothing will happen. It's people who work and don't report wages and get caught that the fraud unit goes after. As it sounds like you did what you were supposed to do, it shouldn't have an effect on your claim at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina