Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 03:39 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrd111 View Post
My benefits are showing exhausted,and received a letter yesterday saying I owe 780.00 dollars to the NCESC and have not yet received the letter about tierIV benefits.Also when I tried to certify today it stated I had already certified for week endingFeb 27th.Anyone have an idea as to what is going on?Thanks
Last I heard tier 4 is not in place yet. Seems like nobody has got letter yet.
I'm reading so many unemployment threads and that many seem to be in the same boat right now with the computer and that magic Feb 27th date.
Thanks to the KY senator that had to stop the extension from getting the yes vote, only to go through 2 days later, and now moved to April 4th.

I Hope they can get the system straightened out soon!
whew what a mess!

I'd definately call about that overpayment.
goodluck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seroberts1 View Post
Thanks KC~Carolina for your help!
Goodluck

Old 03-07-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrd111 View Post
call this number in the morning and have a rep manualy enter your tier 3 benefits.866-795-8877,lines are busy so keep trying Good Luck.
Thanks for posting that #

Old 03-07-2010, 03:51 PM

131 posts, read 232,667 times
I sure wish jdljr was still around! He helped me ascertain that I was eligible for Tier 3, which would be 50% of my original benefit, which is 9 weeks. THEN, I started getting all these letters saying I was eligible for Tier 2, AFTER I had already started getting paid for what I thought was Tier 3 pulled forward. The letters all said "revision." I have been getting benefits now for 4 weeks & when I certified today, I got the message that I had 2 weeks or less of benefits remaining. I'm confused b/c today's cert should be for the 5th week of benefits of Tier 3....I should have 4 weeks left. I keep reading about people getting overpayment letters and so I'm afraid they have been paying me Tier 2 again, which I had already exhausted in my first benefit year. Once again, I am totally confused and dreading getting bounced around from rep to rep. I don't which is worse...not being able to find a job, or trying to navigate through all this confusion. If my family could survive without it, I'd just give up. If it was just me, I'd give up. Perhaps if I have a heart atttack & die from all the stress, my family will get my life insurance & be able to survive without me. Sad to think that's the best thing that could happen at this point.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
I sure wish jdljr was still around! He helped me ascertain that I was eligible for Tier 3, which would be 50% of my original benefit, which is 9 weeks. THEN, I started getting all these letters saying I was eligible for Tier 2, AFTER I had already started getting paid for what I thought was Tier 3 pulled forward. The letters all said "revision." I have been getting benefits now for 4 weeks & when I certified today, I got the message that I had 2 weeks or less of benefits remaining. I'm confused b/c today's cert should be for the 5th week of benefits of Tier 3....I should have 4 weeks left. I keep reading about people getting overpayment letters and so I'm afraid they have been paying me Tier 2 again, which I had already exhausted in my first benefit year. Once again, I am totally confused and dreading getting bounced around from rep to rep. I don't which is worse...not being able to find a job, or trying to navigate through all this confusion. If my family could survive without it, I'd just give up. If it was just me, I'd give up. Perhaps if I have a heart atttack & die from all the stress, my family will get my life insurance & be able to survive without me. Sad to think that's the best thing that could happen at this point.
YIKES, Don't say that!!!!!
This situation is so stressful. I'm feeling you!

I haven't gotten to the point of the tier 3 ect.... I just started my 2nd benefit year. So many have posted here today about getting messages about benefits exhausted . I really believe that the computer system is in a major whirlwind because of going over that extra 2 days!
It should not have ended your benefits early, but it's just so strange how so many are in the midst of collecting tiers getting that same message.

I dread getting an overpayment notice., hope it doesn't happen.
I have my RES orientation meeting this Thursday, I'm less than excited about it after reading what Frrunkis said what their experience was. Maybe you could send JDLJR a private message?
H
e'd get it even though he's not on this thread any longer...?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:30 PM

13 posts, read 23,567 times
Default Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask..

I have been told so many stories of why I'm not being paid, before going any further, here is a copy of an email I have sent to ESC regarding the matter. It is lengthy, but I feel it may help with a few details you may need to know to help me.

My benefit year ended 1/10/10, and I am not eligible to receive another benefit year. However I was told that I would receive the remainder of my benefits until exhausted, and I have been receiving benefits since then up until 2/22/10

Copy of letter...

Please read closely, it is a little lengthy, but I felt details may help you, help me, and trust me I really need your help...

I have not received my weekly benefit since 02/22/10. When I submit my weekly certification it tells me the usual "Your claim has been accepted, and is being processed for payment", but I have not received the deposit on my debit card.

I know I have ~$2600.00 awaiting me on the EB program, I have been told this by several representatives, as well as the supervisor mentioned below.

On my claim profile it says my benefits have been exhausted, which is NOT the case. On 2/24/10 I got concerned about my lack of payment and called the "800" number for help. The first time I was told my benefits had been exhausted, but I knew this was bad information due to just starting the EB program less then 5 weeks ago. I hung up and called again hoping for a more competent representative, and got a lady who explained to me that in my case, I had to go thru something called "Pull Forward" to continue to receive my benefits. She also told me that there has been a STOP placed on all cases that had to be "Pulled Forward" until further notice. The more she tried to explain to me why, and how, the more I could realize she was confused, and just looking to make-up an answer.

I got fed up with all the run-around of what was going on, and decided to call my local office. I spoke to a supervisor, who pulled up my claim information by my social security number, and as soon as I started explaining my situation, he stopped me mid sentence and assured me that he was familiar with the problem. I told him about what the other representatives had said, and he said it was non-sense, and that I definitely have more money awaiting me, and the "Pull Forward" thing had absolutely nothing to do with me or my situation.

He explained a lot (like in the thousands) of people were having the exact same issue, and the issue is with a PROGRAM that was wrote to give a extra benefit payment of around 130$, and It messed up a lot of peoples benefits. He explained to me me the entire situation, and assured me it was being worked on as we spoke. He also told me I would be receiving some type of "over payment" letter in the mail, and said he was surprised I haven't received it yet. (I still have received no such letter still to this day), and to completely ignore the letter. I asked him when he would assume that the issue would be fixed, and he said his best guess would be no later than 3/1/10.

He explained that it was a known problem, and it would be corrected quickly, and not to worry, I would be receiving the remainder of my benefit payments soon. He even took the time to calculate the TOTAL number of weeks I had remaining, before my benefits were exhausted for good. (I believe he said 10). He was an excellent person to talk to, and by far the most friendly, understanding, and helpful person I have EVER spoken to with ESC.

Can you please look into this, or forward this to someone who can, and give me an update on this matter. I appreciate your attention, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

I got a reply back from ESC teilling me to re-send the email to a email address that was listed in their reply. Since then I have heard nothing.

The supervisor really made me feel better, but the more I think about it, I haven't heard anything on the news, or the ESC website, so if this is true, then why is it so hush? I have been googling this all week hoping to see something about this "programming error", or anything like it.

As I said in the letter above, for the last 2 weeks I have been receiving the same "being processed for payment" after completion of my weekly certification... UNTIL TODAY when I got this message...

"The week for which you are trying to file 2/27/2010 has already been claimed on another benefit year. If you need further information please call remote service center at 1-888-737-0259"

I also FINALLY received the letter in the mail yesterday stating I was OVERPAID (the one I was told to ignore by the supervisor at my local office.)

Im scared, im frustrated, im worried, PLEASE someone tell me everything is going to be ok!

Thanks for reading, it is GREATLY appreciated!!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xesvuli420 View Post
I have been told so many stories of why I'm not being paid, before going any further, here is a copy of an email I have sent to ESC regarding the matter. It is lengthy, but I feel it may help with a few details you may need to know to help me.

My benefit year ended 1/10/10, and I am not eligible to receive another benefit year. However I was told that I would receive the remainder of my benefits until exhausted, and I have been receiving benefits since then up until 2/22/10

Copy of letter...

Please read closely, it is a little lengthy, but I felt details may help you, help me, and trust me I really need your help...

I have not received my weekly benefit since 02/22/10. When I submit my weekly certification it tells me the usual "Your claim has been accepted, and is being processed for payment", but I have not received the deposit on my debit card.

I know I have ~$2600.00 awaiting me on the EB program, I have been told this by several representatives, as well as the supervisor mentioned below.

On my claim profile it says my benefits have been exhausted, which is NOT the case. On 2/24/10 I got concerned about my lack of payment and called the "800" number for help. The first time I was told my benefits had been exhausted, but I knew this was bad information due to just starting the EB program less then 5 weeks ago. I hung up and called again hoping for a more competent representative, and got a lady who explained to me that in my case, I had to go thru something called "Pull Forward" to continue to receive my benefits. She also told me that there has been a STOP placed on all cases that had to be "Pulled Forward" until further notice. The more she tried to explain to me why, and how, the more I could realize she was confused, and just looking to make-up an answer.

I got fed up with all the run-around of what was going on, and decided to call my local office. I spoke to a supervisor, who pulled up my claim information by my social security number, and as soon as I started explaining my situation, he stopped me mid sentence and assured me that he was familiar with the problem. I told him about what the other representatives had said, and he said it was non-sense, and that I definitely have more money awaiting me, and the "Pull Forward" thing had absolutely nothing to do with me or my situation.

He explained a lot (like in the thousands) of people were having the exact same issue, and the issue is with a PROGRAM that was wrote to give a extra benefit payment of around 130$, and It messed up a lot of peoples benefits. He explained to me me the entire situation, and assured me it was being worked on as we spoke. He also told me I would be receiving some type of "over payment" letter in the mail, and said he was surprised I haven't received it yet. (I still have received no such letter still to this day), and to completely ignore the letter. I asked him when he would assume that the issue would be fixed, and he said his best guess would be no later than 3/1/10.

He explained that it was a known problem, and it would be corrected quickly, and not to worry, I would be receiving the remainder of my benefit payments soon. He even took the time to calculate the TOTAL number of weeks I had remaining, before my benefits were exhausted for good. (I believe he said 10). He was an excellent person to talk to, and by far the most friendly, understanding, and helpful person I have EVER spoken to with ESC.

Can you please look into this, or forward this to someone who can, and give me an update on this matter. I appreciate your attention, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

I got a reply back from ESC teilling me to re-send the email to a email address that was listed in their reply. Since then I have heard nothing.

The supervisor really made me feel better, but the more I think about it, I haven't heard anything on the news, or the ESC website, so if this is true, then why is it so hush? I have been googling this all week hoping to see something about this "programming error", or anything like it.

As I said in the letter above, for the last 2 weeks I have been receiving the same "being processed for payment" after completion of my weekly certification... UNTIL TODAY when I got this message...

"The week for which you are trying to file 2/27/2010 has already been claimed on another benefit year. If you need further information please call remote service center at 1-888-737-0259"

I also FINALLY received the letter in the mail yesterday stating I was OVERPAID (the one I was told to ignore by the supervisor at my local office.)

Im scared, im frustrated, im worried, PLEASE someone tell me everything is going to be ok!

I'm honetly (NOT) qualified to do anything but guess on all of that(sorry)
MANY have recieved those overpayment letters, wow!
I think your one of many that fell in the hole once the extension was on hold an extra 2 days . The senate didn't get it approved until after the cutoff "magic" date of Feb 27th., then it was voted through as a 30 day extension, now til April 4th.
Now everything that was supposed to stop in the computer system has to be reprogrammed once again. I think all pullforwards are on hold.
It seems that way since there has been so many posts on this thread today concerning the same thing.

I'd keep calling and writing esc til you get some reassurance.
Seems like the esc rep that you may have thought was wrong, may have been right..?

I'm sure you'll get the rest of your $$ after the system gets the other mess sorted out., question is when?

Look through the other unemployment threads at this forum. I know there seems to be a woman with the screen name of "Dorigirl" or something close to that, she may be a esc rep, I'm not sure.
However she answers many, many questions with certainty.

Type in "unemployment" and search through the threads and you'll find her, I hope she can help you.
Goodluck!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:

Copy of letter...

Her screenname is "diorgirl" she's on the unemployment threads. Just thought I'd pop back in and give you her correct screen name...
Hope she can help you!

Old 03-07-2010, 08:11 PM

13 posts, read 23,567 times
I tried to contact her but it will not let me do anything because we are not "friends"...
but thanks for trying =o)

Old 03-07-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I tried to contact her but it will not let me do anything because we are not "friends"...
but thanks for trying =o)
You can goto a thread she's on and post to her on that thread.
There's a thread called "Would someone be eligible for unemployment is this case"

Ifyou type in unemployment in the search bar it'll take you to a complete lists of lots of threads for unemployment issues
She has the last post on thatthread.
Diorgrl shows upnext to that thread title.
Check it out and try to post to her there

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 03-07-2010 at 09:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina