Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 PM

407 posts, read 660,986 times

Advertisements

YIKES!!! ok guys, I know we are all a bit hot about it all
but the truth be told, we have NO Idea of what the I.T. work on the Tiers involves and I am sure that NC is not the only state having issues...
and lets not jump on JDLJR here ok? he spends a lot of his own time on this site, trying to help... so lets try to remember that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 09:16 PM

22 posts, read 38,265 times
>> we have NO Idea of what the I.T. work on the Tiers involves

That's my point.

But we should. And NCESC is keeping us in the dark because many, many someones there know EXACTLY what the issues are and when the task will be complete. But again, coming from an IT background, I think this entire programming thing is a sham. I don't mean partly. I mean completely.

And as I said before, I value jdljr's information, but it's absurd that we have to troll this or any other message board to accept the crumbs of information granted us by an employee on his off-hours. We should focus less on this "gift" and more on how this dysfunctional and ramshackle method of communication is the best the NCESC seems capable or willing to deploy.

Imagine if your bank would not answer questions on the phone or in person, but instead an off-duty teller slipped you tidbits of information and advice on cocktail napkins slid under your door. Grateful? I suppose. But a sane person ought to be outraged more than anything.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:17 PM

64 posts, read 168,323 times
Goodness, this thread went down quick! While this economic situation does indeed suck and causes much frustation please keep in mind that threads can and have been shut down for excessive "venting" and user abuse. I personally, as do most come here for tidbits of information and updates. The kind of information that we are not getting from state agencies. That frustration would be put to better use on the officials that we elect rather than abusing the eyes of readers of this forum and of those who offer information. If you feel the need to vent in such an abusive manner than by all means take it to an appropriate thread for such. ty.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:07 PM

86 posts, read 174,212 times
LynnTE ok , boss. i won't say anything anymore on this thread. Enjoy.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:04 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnte View Post
Goodness, this thread went down quick! While this economic situation does indeed suck and causes much frustation please keep in mind that threads can and have been shut down for excessive "venting" and user abuse. I personally, as do most come here for tidbits of information and updates. The kind of information that we are not getting from state agencies. That frustration would be put to better use on the officials that we elect rather than abusing the eyes of readers of this forum and of those who offer information. If you feel the need to vent in such an abusive manner than by all means take it to an appropriate thread for such. ty.
Thankyou for posting this, I say "DITTO"!

Old 03-05-2010, 06:57 AM

177 posts, read 304,568 times
Jdjlr has been extremely helpful to all of us on this thread. Let's try to remember that he does this out of the goodness of his heart and without his responses we would mostly be in the dark. Please do not start attacking him, his character or his job. While it is true that not all of the employees at the ESC are as diligent, he is and should be respected.

Jdjlr: Please ignore the abusive behavior and Please do not allow their ungratefulness to discourage you. I think I speak for 99% of the people on this forum that YOU ARE WONDERFUL. You have had the answers that we just can't get anywhere else. We need you! Thank you for your diligence and compassion!

Old 03-05-2010, 08:59 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,697 times
CA, lynnte, KC, jskin...

Funny thing is, after all this time, I just now realized that I originally started this thread when I became panicked and very anxious about exhausting my regular UI last summer. I think this is the largest thread I've ever started anywhere...heh.

With that said...jdljr has taken precious time out of the day to answer my original question, then periodically (wait no, basically daily) check this thread and answer any questions you all have had on unemployment to the best of his ability. I'm willing to bet money that "Answer unemployment-related questions in a thread on the City-Data message board" is not on jdljr's job summary with the NCESC. And we're on 90 pages on this topic now...jdljr could have punched out a long time ago.

All of us are frustrated...some are stressed, some are even battling some pretty crazy anxiety wondering what in the world is going to happen to them. I understand that. But what jdljr has done for us in the past 7 or so months has allowed some of us to breathe a little easier and not have to deal with the sometimes frustrating calls to the NCESC.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 AM

64 posts, read 168,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
CA, lynnte, KC, jskin...

Funny thing is, after all this time, I just now realized that I originally started this thread when I became panicked and very anxious about exhausting my regular UI last summer. I think this is the largest thread I've ever started anywhere...heh.
Oh I remember those days...<insert background music> "memories...."<>

And very happy that you did start this post. Prior to this and another forum there was precious lil information for those of us in NC.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 AM

5 posts, read 8,539 times
JDLJR
From what i've read ,I hope your still around here on this thread.
I have a question I'm hoping you can answer for me.
I've been on benefits for 10 months now.
This past Jan-Feb 4th I worked a part time job. I claimed my income when i certified online.

When my employer from that job turns in his wage report for this 1st quarter '10 and NCESC cross references' it with what I claimed, do they audit my account and also send an audit to my employer?
I know my amount matches what he'll turn in.
I think i read a simular question a few pages back on this thread.
Just curious how this process works.

I almost hesitated working the part time job, since I didn't make anymore in the long run after my benefits were decreased.
If they audit me and there's any type of holdups with my benefits, I may not work anymore part time and wait til I find fulltime employment.
The man I worked for told me up front he didn't want to have to fill out a bunch of payroll @#$!
To make sure I claimed all my pay.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it!

Old 03-05-2010, 10:28 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
CA, lynnte, KC, jskin...

With that said...jdljr has taken precious time out of the day to answer my original question, then periodically (wait no, basically daily) check this thread and answer any questions you all have had on unemployment to the best of his ability. I'm willing to bet money that "Answer unemployment-related questions in a thread on the City-Data message board" is not on jdljr's job summary with the NCESC. And we're on 90 pages on this topic now...jdljr could have punched out a long time ago.

All of us are frustrated...some are stressed, some are even battling some pretty crazy anxiety wondering what in the world is going to happen to them. I understand that. But what jdljr has done for us in the past 7 or so months has allowed some of us to breathe a little easier and not have to deal with the sometimes frustrating calls to the NCESC.

So, it was >YOU< that started all of this???(snickers)
I'm so happy you did!
I looked all over the ineternet to find answers for what I thought was silly questions concerning my benefits, filing, you name it!
I got so tired sitting and waiting for Raleigh to pick up or battle my local office's lines.
I've recieved alot of help to all of my crazy questions and I'm very greatful for a forum and thread where I can ask so many questions anytime of the day or night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina