Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 01:33 PM

6 posts, read 20,544 times

Advertisements

I went to file for my unemployment benefits today and got a message saying that I had exosted my benefits. My benefit year isn't up until April 3, 2010. I talked to someone at esc last Monday because I received the message "You have 2 weeks or less of benefits available" when I filed. I was told that I was nearing the end of Tier 1. What does all this mean and what is it that I need to do? I have been on unemployment since mid April of 2009. I am 32 weeks pregnant and am having a hard time finding anyone willing to hire me in my condition. I have also been working toward my nursing degree for a career change. I am stressed that I wont have any kind of income during this transitional period. Can anyone share their experience?

Last edited by seroberts1; 03-07-2010 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: I forgot to ask.....What is needed to qualify for tier 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 01:52 PM

20 posts, read 39,411 times
if it is to go on tier 4 how come I can't file today. it suppose to be weekending 3/6/2010.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:10 PM

20 posts, read 39,411 times
kc when you filed today what was the weekending date was it 3/6/2010 or 2/27/2010!

Old 03-07-2010, 02:30 PM

3 posts, read 5,177 times
Default Filing certification online may cause delays?

Hi, exhausted my regular benefits on 2/21/10, I received the letter telling me I am monetarily eligible for Tier 3 EUC, and to simply continue filing my claim as usual. So that's what I did. Online Sunday the 28th. Today is March 7th and I have not been paid for last week, and I'm considering whether to certify again online tonight in hopes that it pays me tomorrow? Or is the online certification what's causing me to not get paid?

My claim profile/payment history is as listed
No active issues on my claim, last week paid was the week ending 2/20 (and that is what the website payment history reflects)
Benefit year started 10/11/2009
Benefit year ends 10/9/2009
I have a "Regular Active Claim"
Total possible $6901
Paid:3834
Balance: 3067
ANY information would be very helpful. I fear I'm about to be 500 bucks more broke than I was planning for tomorrow.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 PM

10 posts, read 17,909 times
My benefits are showing exhausted,and received a letter yesterday saying I owe 780.00 dollars to the NCESC and have not yet received the letter about tierIV benefits.Also when I tried to certify today it stated I had already certified for week endingFeb 27th.Anyone have an idea as to what is going on?Thanks

Old 03-07-2010, 02:55 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused10 View Post
kc when you filed today what was the weekending date was it 3/6/2010 or 2/27/2010!
mine was >03-06-10

Old 03-07-2010, 03:01 PM

10 posts, read 17,909 times
call this number in the morning and have a rep manualy enter your tier 3 benefits.866-795-8877,lines are busy so keep trying Good Luck.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seroberts1 View Post
I went to file for my unemployment benefits today and got a message saying that I had exosted my benefits. My benefit year isn't up until April 3, 2010. I talked to someone at esc last Monday because I received the message "You have 2 weeks or less of benefits available" when I filed. I was told that I was nearing the end of Tier 1. What does all this mean and what is it that I need to do? I have been on unemployment since mid April of 2009. I am 32 weeks pregnant and am having a hard time finding anyone willing to hire me in my condition. I have also been working toward my nursing degree for a career change. I am stressed that I wont have any kind of income during this transitional period. Can anyone share their experience?
I wouldn't worry. The computer systems weren't ready for the tier extension date to be reset for 30 more days, now moved currently til April 4th. Many people are now in your position with benefits missing a week!

Everything was set to end Feb 27th, unless you had finished the tier you were in and were going into the next tier.
From what you have said, your tier one wasn't going to end by the
Feb. 27th date.
That's why (i'm guessing) you recieved that message.
Now that the senate voted for a 30 day extension, you should transition right into tier 2. It's a good thing you filed, I'm willing to bet by next week, you'll be back on tract.
You'll have to apply for a new benefit year when yours expires in April, if you don't qualify, they'll pull forward the rest of your tier money from benefit year one.(If )this 30 day temp date will be extended to the end of 2010.....
Talk has it that's theres a good chance it will.

It will probably benefit you to look at some other (unemployment)threads on the
citydata forum. Somebody more qualified can possibly help you..?

We're all pretty much in the same boat here on this thread and just trying to help each other with what little knowledge we have, mostly from our experience of going through the unemployment process.,
and reading past posts on here and talking with a NCESC rep. that we had on here for a long awhile.
He will be greatly missed

Remember, they'll still expect you to be willing and ready to work, even on the week you have the baby, so keep filing no matter what, and keep a job search record.
if I were you, I'd call ESC tomorrow morning.
(Goodluck)

Old 03-07-2010, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 20,544 times
Thanks KC~Carolina for your help!

Old 03-07-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmallor View Post
Hi, exhausted my regular benefits on 2/21/10, I received the letter telling me I am monetarily eligible for Tier 3 EUC, and to simply continue filing my claim as usual. So that's what I did. Online Sunday the 28th. Today is March 7th and I have not been paid for last week, and I'm considering whether to certify again online tonight in hopes that it pays me tomorrow? Or is the online certification what's causing me to not get paid?

My claim profile/payment history is as listed
No active issues on my claim, last week paid was the week ending 2/20 (and that is what the website payment history reflects)
Benefit year started 10/11/2009
Benefit year ends 10/9/2009
I have a "Regular Active Claim"
Total possible $6901
Paid:3834
Balance: 3067
ANY information would be very helpful. I fear I'm about to be 500 bucks more broke than I was planning for tomorrow.
Keep filing, it's ok that your doing it online, right now that has nothing to do with it.
The computer system in OUR state of NC wasn't ready for the 30 day extension moved to April 4th and then when the senate voted it through 2 days (LATER), it seems to have thrown everything out of whack.

Especially for anyone starting a new tier. I'd bet you'll have the $$ by the end of the week, however that's just my opp. and I'm almost in the same boat as you are This has been all over the news, and there's many people that are in the same predicament that you are right now. I had headr that since everything had to be reprogrammed some would be without their benefits for up to 2 weeks . >I'd call ESC<.

I call for everything and sit on the phone FOREVER!
However, it eases my mind and I don't like the stress of NOT knowing
Goodluck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina