Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 07:37 PM

131 posts, read 232,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Well I'm definately NOT a pro(ha!)
However I think I can give you an correct explanation concerning the Feb 27th phase out date
It was extended, after the senate decided to wait til the last minute(actually 2 days past) to pass a 30 temp. extension.
Therefore making the new date now April 4th. Supposedly their working on getting the new date to include all of 2010, so that would be great!

I think you shouldn't stress just yet about your tier expiring in May. Hopefully you'll be ok, with a possible new phase out date at the end of the year and you can move into your next tiers with ease... unlike the mess that many are going through right now.
April 4th? I read on several sites that the date is April 5th...only one day, but just goes to show you how much confusion there still is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
April 4th? I read on several sites that the date is April 5th...only one day, but just goes to show you how much confusion there still is.

I read the April 4th date on another thread on this forum.
I think "Diorgirl" posted that.
She seems very informed, I'm wondering if she's a esc rep.
So let's see.... April 4th falls on a Sunday, so who knows.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,322 times
Well...I've got about a month to go before I'll need a pull forward (after 4/4/10 unfortunately), so I decided to call down there to just kinda poke around and ask what happens if I exhaust my 2nd year regular UI.

We were so damn spoiled with jdljr...the lady I talked to also had absolutely no idea what a "pull forward" was...even after I explained it to her..."Well, I didn't think you were entitled to any unused money from the previous benefit year..." Of course, I can't say, "Some guy on an internet message board told me..."

But the conversation I had with her gave me no confidence whatsoever that I'll still be able to draw benefits after regular UI is up.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:34 PM

131 posts, read 232,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well...I've got about a month to go before I'll need a pull forward (after 4/4/10 unfortunately), so I decided to call down there to just kinda poke around and ask what happens if I exhaust my 2nd year regular UI.

We were so damn spoiled with jdljr...the lady I talked to also had absolutely no idea what a "pull forward" was...even after I explained it to her..."Well, I didn't think you were entitled to any unused money from the previous benefit year..." Of course, I can't say, "Some guy on an internet message board told me..."

But the conversation I had with her gave me no confidence whatsoever that I'll still be able to draw benefits after regular UI is up.

I agree about jdljr! I think I'd try calling again---you don't mention whether you called an 800 # or a local office. I've found that reps in the local offices in my area, well, let's just say if you talk to 3 reps, you'll likely get 3 different answers. Don't give up---surely you will eventually get one who had has heard of "pull forward." I had never heard anyone call it that until I found this thread, so I don't know how consistent the vernacular is in offices throughout the state. Thank God for jdljr or I would not have even known to question my eligilbilty, after being told my benefits were exhausted & there was no more available for me! Good luck!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post

I fall right after you in May., 2nd year benefit will be up!

I'll be following what happens with you, so please don't stop posting here.
Actually this is the longest thread on unemployment on the forum that I've found.
Albeit we're sorta the blind leading the blind right now.

I suppose we can at least post our experiences and any info. we have that may help each other..
And hope we get our (pro) to come back.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 PM

86 posts, read 174,285 times
what determines the regular UI for the new benefit year? How do i know if i am qualified for regular UI (not tiers of extension EUC or EB). Did I have to work at certain period before? Thanks

And JDLJR, obviously people need your help here. Don't take a critisizm of one person (me) as a confrontation. This is a public internet forum, i am entitled to my opinion. Obviously, i am a minority (probably the only one), who doesn't feel love and appreciation to you and what you do. I am sure you check this thread every night and itching to help. So help then. if it takes an apology from me for you to come back - i apologize. Not for our confrontation. And it doesn't mean that i think any higher of NCESC and everyone in it. But i am sorry that somehow you communication with one person became the reason for you to abandon tens that need your help.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 PM

Per Jdljr>post #441 on page 45 of this thread may help you

Old 03-09-2010, 08:45 AM

177 posts, read 304,734 times
Hey Guys.

Just talked to a friend who is not able to file this week either. Her office told her the same thing mine told me. They do not know anything about a pull forward. I think I have the problem figured out to some extent. Everyone whose regular benefits or tier 1,2,3 ended on 2/27 has been put into the system as benefits exhausted. It is the date problem that has caused the whole mess. I am giving my office one more day to figure it out. At that point I will begin calling our senators representatives, president, etc. And suggest those of you in the same position do the same thing. I wonder what will happen to those who are set to transition this week. What good is an extension if people can't get it?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Hey Guys.

Just talked to a friend who is not able to file this week either. Her office told her the same thing mine told me. They do not know anything about a pull forward. I think I have the problem figured out to some extent. Everyone whose regular benefits or tier 1,2,3 ended on 2/27 has been put into the system as benefits exhausted. It is the date problem that has caused the whole mess. I am giving my office one more day to figure it out. At that point I will begin calling our senators representatives, president, etc. And suggest those of you in the same position do the same thing. I wonder what will happen to those who are set to transition this week. What good is an extension if people can't get it?
If you get time go back to page 45-47(I think) maybe close by> ha!
anyway Jdljr, has said in reference to pullforwords.,that they weren't being done across the board and that everything will be depending on the looming date of Feb 27th.
Then I had also read where all pullforwards are on temp. hold till the system has updated the new extensions and gets tier 4 in place.

My only other guess is that they have decided that once you get your UI in benefit year 2 and if you don't qualify for extensions based on the 1.5 rule, then maybe they won't pull anything forward at all... YIKES!
I hope that won't be the case., but it seems like alot of reps are denying knowing about pulling forward tiers you didn't finish from your first year.....?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:55 AM

177 posts, read 304,734 times
That is certainly possible KC but I sure hope not. If that is the case noone could go through all 4 teirs in one benefit year. Right? Lets say you got 26 weeks regular ue. That would give you 21 weeks of tier 1, 13 weeks of tier 2. You'd have already started a new year before you were even able to finish tier 2. So if that is the case, the extension passed in November 2009 would not ever take place. Right? It would only work for those who got minimum benefits. Which means the less you made the more you'd get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina