Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 05:40 PM

83 posts, read 265,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
It's not automatically 20 weeks. It's a percentage of your original claim duration. So ONLY if you qualified for 26 weeks of regular UI could you potentially qualify for 20 weeks of Tier 1 EUC (20 = 80% of 26 weeks). EUC Tier 1 pays 80% of the original claim duration. If someone's regular UI claim set up for 16 weeks, they may qualify for 11 weeks of EUC Tier 1. (again, 11 = 80% of 16 weeks - or thereabouts).
Oh, that's right. My second benefit year started March 21st. I had 17 weeks of a regular claim, which means EUC Tier I will get me through week two or so of November, if necessary. I don't know what the cut-off date is in November regarding rolling into Tier II, if necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 05:45 PM

5 posts, read 8,490 times
Do work search records have to be kept for the entire time you are unemployed or is there an amount of time they need to be saved? Thanks

Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
For some, hopefully by the end of the week. Others may take into next week or a little longer. Depends on the status of the claim, whether it's been more than 28 days since the last certification. Raleigh is supposed to run a program tomorrow night to open pay orders on claims in order that claims can begin to be certified again. However, if it's been more than 28 days since the last certification, folks wouldn't be able to do their own, they'd have to come into the office and bring their worksearch records and we'd have to do "weeks on paper" and then key the back weeks. We'll know more after tomorrow night to see what the status of claims is.
That puts me right on the cusp of 28 days. Well...I guess it depends how 28 days is calculated...would it be 28 days from the day the extension is passed or 28 days from whenever they decide to evaluate my claim? Example, I would be under 28 days from the day Obama signed it...but now? Heh...I'm on like, the 31st day.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:42 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esjh View Post
jdljr, I am hoping you can help....

Trying to file for my second benefit year, and am hoping that I can get the extensions. My first benefit year has just ended. Am currently working part time, and if I am figuring correctly, I did make the necessary $4550 needed to qualify for the 2nd year (this amount was earned in the last quarter of '09 through July '10). When filing, it asks who is my last employer. Wasn't sure if they mean my current or the one who terminated my position. When looking for the definition on the NCEU website, it says:

Who Is The Last Employer?
For new claim purposes, the last employer is presumed to be the last employer for whom a separated claimant last worked for more than 30 days, regardless of whether work was performed on each of those days unless it is shown that such presumption would be a substantial injustice in view of the intent of the Employment Security Law.

Guess I am still confused. Will my new benefit amount in the 2nd year (assuming I qualify), be based on my former employer (am hoping so since I earned a very good salary).

Thank you in advance for your help!
The last employer would be the one from whom you got laid off. Your part time employer is not really considered your last employer since it's not considered to be your replacement, full time employment and you're still (presumably) searching for full time employment while working your part time job. It's just a part time side job.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
Just wondering since I have been able to certify each week and had my eligibility review last Wednesday, have not received a payment in second benefit year since Tier 3 ended on June 20th do I need to call in and see whats going on or will this be automatic and just receive my retroactive payment in lump sum.
Not sure, actually. Some folks think they've done the certifications each week but it really hasn't shown up on their claim. Some have. With some of the programming being run this week, it may automatically catch your claim up, you'll have to monitor and, if by the end of the week you've still not got payment, I'd contact either the RSC or your LO.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
That puts me right on the cusp of 28 days. Well...I guess it depends how 28 days is calculated...would it be 28 days from the day the extension is passed or 28 days from whenever they decide to evaluate my claim? Example, I would be under 28 days from the day Obama signed it...but now? Heh...I'm on like, the 31st day.
I think you're past it then. It is 28 days from the last time you certified until the next time the certification is done (attempted).

Old 07-26-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlett View Post
Do work search records have to be kept for the entire time you are unemployed or is there an amount of time they need to be saved? Thanks
Wouldn't hurt to keep them all in case your claim is ever audited.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM

8 posts, read 13,630 times
Called the claims office in Raleigh this morning. Was only on hold about 15 minutes. Spoke to a claims rep named Eric. He was polite, patient, courteous and very helpful. Explained that I haven't been able to certify since end of Tier III which ended on week ending 6/5/10. After that, my claim page stated "Benefits Exhausted" and I could not certify subsequent weeks. Spent about 30 minutes on phone answering the usual questions and patiently waiting while overhearing the keys on his computer going to town. In the end he stated:
That he had certified me for the first 3 weeks I missed and that he would have to have his supervisor sign off on it.
And when this goes through:
I should be able to certify for my remaining weeks by Thursday or Friday.
Should have my first lump sum for the 3 weeks through my direct deposit as early as Wednesday.
Should have the remainder of my Tier IV benefits (total of a little over 5 weeks) by Monday of next week.
Hoping for the best; somewhat prepared for the worst.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:46 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amermaid1day View Post
Called the claims office in Raleigh this morning. Was only on hold about 15 minutes. Spoke to a claims rep named Eric. He was polite, patient, courteous and very helpful. Explained that I haven't been able to certify since end of Tier III which ended on week ending 6/5/10. After that, my claim page stated "Benefits Exhausted" and I could not certify subsequent weeks. Spent about 30 minutes on phone answering the usual questions and patiently waiting while overhearing the keys on his computer going to town. In the end he stated:
That he had certified me for the first 3 weeks I missed and that he would have to have his supervisor sign off on it.
And when this goes through:
I should be able to certify for my remaining weeks by Thursday or Friday.
Should have my first lump sum for the 3 weeks through my direct deposit as early as Wednesday.
Should have the remainder of my Tier IV benefits (total of a little over 5 weeks) by Monday of next week.
Hoping for the best; somewhat prepared for the worst.
That sounds way too easy...especially since you last certified on 6/5/10...other than the fact that you were on the phone for quite some time. I know when I tried to call, there was no way in heck I was getting thru. Maybe I'll send one of my patented e-mails that seems to have worked in the past. I guess it really can't hurt.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,362 times
I have been unemployed since April 2008, my claim started paying out in August of 08 after I had my hearing because I was originally denied. My claim is still open, however I recieved the "benefits exhausted" message 2 weeks ago. According to the call center, one area says that I have recieved tier IV, but the other area says that I have not. I am not eleigible for EB. I am extremely confused over what is going on with my claim, and no one has been able to give me any information to clarify things, citing that because the 2010 extension hasn't came down to the state level yet they don't know.

So, my question is, am I going to receive any more funds because of the passing of the extension. I have put in hundreds of applications, going counties over, trying to get a job and I am currently in school. It wouldn't surprise me if I fall in the category of permanatly exhausted benefits. I had worked since I was 15 years old, and worked at my last job for almost ten years. Can anyone adivise? It seems like y'all know more of what is going on than the ppl at the offices do.

Thanks .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina