Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 04:45 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
I agree - I don't think a majority of those employees are sitting around and just not helping. I just think they can only help so much with so much work and such old equipment; also, if the people who answer the phones aren't given information, there isn't much information that can be passed to us during those phone calls or visits...

...still would like to see hubby's money roll over this week
Can't remember specifically what he's waiting for, but if he's waiting for the "pull forward" programming to be run, usually they do that on Tuesdays. But had an email last night that said they were not doing it Tuesday this week, but MAYBE Wednesday in order to let the A1s run last night that were to re-open tens of thousands of claims. Had another email today that said they were NOT running the pull forward programming tonight after all, that there was more "clean up" work than anticipated from the A1 transactions, but they had run the query to identify those claims that needed the pull forward and there were many more than usual this week (maybe due to the A1s being run), and were hoping to finally run that pull forward programming tomorrow (Thursday). Of course I did not go back to try and find your post about what you're waiting for, so maybe this isn't it, but wanted to offer this in case it was!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbrier View Post
I have in my hand the dreaded letter telling me that I am not "Monetarily Eligible" for EUC due to insufficient base period wages. I was on the phone for about two hours before I talked with a live, very nice person. However...I still have NO ANSWERS. She told me there was no way to know if I qualify other than just file and see what happens. What will happen? I have been on unemployment for one year. I have applied at every place available and have started continuing ed classes in the medical field since that seems to be the only force hiring. Should I start 'turning tricks'? LOL Just kidding but I am VERY worried. Please...someone help before I cry. I am doing all I can.
Reps that tell folks that they don't know whether they qualify for EUC either just aren't interested in helping or haven't a clue about what they're doing.

It's pretty simple to check someone's wage screen to tell whether or not they qualify, usually in just a glance. Without looking at your claim, I really don't know, but what's confusing is that you say you have been on unemployment for a year. What have you been collecting the last year after your initial regular UI exhausted? It HAD to be EUC or EB, and if you don't monetarily qualify for EUC, you wouldn't monetarily qualify for EB. I think you need to call and ask to speak to a manager and possibly they can take the time to let you know exactly where you stand.

Maybe I give too much information when I speak to claimants, but I quickly analyze their claim and let them know exactly where they stand. I want them to have no unanswered questions when they hang the phone up. Can't understand why it's so difficult for other reps to offer their customers the same thing!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
do I have to show work search for results for the first nine weeks I had a DQ. It took me 10 weeks to start recieving my benefits. Since I was DQ do I need to show during that time period. Or only for the weeks I was paid.
Also! So they will except a spread sheet? instead of hand writing everthing on form NCUI 506E
Thanks
Keeping track of your worksearch is required for only the weeks you were paid. Any weeks you were disqualified is not necessary.

Any way you want to keep track is fine, although the preference is the ESC worksearch record (form). But as long as you have all of the required information on whatever method you use, it should be fine.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
got a letter today about hubby - says he's eligible for EBs - if I understand what we've learned on here from jdljr, that means that we aren't going to get the 7 or 8 weeks of back pay we thought/hoped he was eligible for since the bill signed last week was for EUC tiers, not EB...is this correct?
Well, if he is eligible for ANY EUC, that needs to be paid before EB. So if he's not exhausted his Tier 1, 2, 3, 4 then to me, that's where he would resume. And anyone should be eligible to have their back weeks paid, provided they've remained otherwise eligible. I would recommend contacting your local office to get a claim evaluation and hopefully find out what needs to be done to get those weeks paid. As much as I hate to say it, going by the letters you receive in the mail is so unreliable.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
If he was denied EUC in the past...then yeah, you'll only be able to draw EB. But if he was drawing EUC and didn't exhaust it (all four tiers), then that's what he should be drawing next, I'd think.
There should be no reason to be denied EUC unless it's monetary. And if someone doesn't monetarily qualify for EUC, they also wouldn't monetarily qualify for EB. EB is really the only one that can be denied (for disqualifications, or if based on a previous benefit year and someone received regular UI in the new benefit year, then it can't be pulled forward). Anyone who meets the monetary requirements for EUC should be eligible.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:13 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Well each week he's certifying, the question clearly asks if you're able, available, seeking work and KEEPING A RECORD OF YOUR WORKSEARCH AS DIRECTED BY THE COMMISSION". "Didn't know" won't be acceptable if he is directed to produce his worksearch records.
But he wasn't able to certify for those weeks. His point is that, since he wasn't able to file his weekly certification (he also got the benefits exhausted message preventing him from certifying for the 5 or so weeks), he didn't think he was entitled to follow commission's guidelines. He clarified and explained that he didn't expect to get paid for the back weeks and thought once the extension was passed and he was approved for Tier 3...he would start right from the first week whenever the extension was passed.

I see his reasoning, and I probably would've thought the same thing had I not read your posts in the past stating that you need to continue following the commission's work search guidelines even if your not able to certify for that particular week. Hopefully, he'll be able to put something together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr
They're continuing to work on it, and many claims ARE now back in pay status. Believe it or not, even though they ran the A1 transaction last night to get a lot of claims back in pay status, I did not have one phone call today from anyone that needs to have back weeks paid. Not saying they're not out there, and I do expect to get some. The A1 transactions last night did build EUC on claims, did switch folks from EB to EUC, did revert payments from EB to EUC, did open pay order weeks. So yours may now have a payorder open with funds there to pay. It'd be a matter of you getting ahold of someone to process the back weeks, as it won't be automatic. You'll likely have to bring your worksearch records into the office for any back weeks for which you want to be paid, or just begin certifying this week and move forward from there. Some folks will elect to have the back weeks paid, others will elect to just begin again from this point.
Gotcha. Thank you very much as always. Nothing has changed in my online account (as of 7pm), but I'll check it in the morning and call if it still says UNKNOWN and I keep getting the Benefits Exhausted message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr
There should be no reason to be denied EUC unless it's monetary. And if someone doesn't monetarily qualify for EUC, they also wouldn't monetarily qualify for EB. EB is really the only one that can be denied (for disqualifications, or if based on a previous benefit year and someone received regular UI in the new benefit year, then it can't be pulled forward). Anyone who meets the monetary requirements for EUC should be eligible.
That's what I meant...I should have clarified...I was only suggesting IF he was denied EUC originally because he didn't qualify monetarily. Didn't know that about EB though.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:25 PM

407 posts, read 661,167 times
QUESTION--- IF i have to go and do WEEKS ON PAPER and bring work records--- I ASSUME i only bring records for the weeks they have to manually key in??? I.E. the last 5? NOT all 17 months worth?

DUMB QUESTION, but I want to be sure in case I have to go in and dont want to bring tons of paperwork they dont need.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
QUESTION--- IF i have to go and do WEEKS ON PAPER and bring work records--- I ASSUME i only bring records for the weeks they have to manually key in??? I.E. the last 5? NOT all 17 months worth?

DUMB QUESTION, but I want to be sure in case I have to go in and dont want to bring tons of paperwork they dont need.
Yes, I believe this to be true. Since you've already certified and been paid for the other weeks, it'd be only the weeks that you've now trying to have certified that you'd need to show your worksearch records. When you do your certifications yourself, you're telling the system that you have searched for work and kept a record of the work. When a rep has to do it for you, they need to see that you've done the worksearches in order to key the weeks since THEY are, in effect, certifying the payment.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 AM

776 posts, read 1,685,113 times
Sigh...still no change...I'm still getting the benefits exhausted message and UNKNOWN status. Time to call so I can at least certify this week, then worry about my back weeks.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,982 times
Does anyone know how many back weeks the system will let you certify online at one time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina