Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 PM

81 posts, read 174,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Seems like they can do what they want wth us whenever they wish to! No warning nadda!
Welcome to the NWO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 08:01 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Can some math wizards help me out? I'm in a dummy year that ends 5/11/2011. I've gotten one letter so far that says I owe for one week. That was Saturday. Today I received NO USPS AT ALL so now I think the Post Office is part of the conspiracy

My claim says Regular Active with no issues but hasn't listed balances for a week.

My payment history shows a 50% coming to me tomorrow.

In November I received an eligibility of 20 weeks that states EUC. I'm still looking for the letters. I believe I was in the middle of Tier 2 when I crossed the 2nd year barrier, lost two weeks, and then got the fake year started.

I'm super confused over the 50% thing. If they pulled forward from previous EUC/EB then I would have thought we'd either have nothing left or the difference would have been covered.

Thanks for everyone sharing. I'll post results of Tuesday's mail once the sedative wears off.
Well I'm by no means a math wiz, but my check book amazingly balances out every month (ha)

One question for you.
After your year one ended in May, did you recieve 1-2 weeks of EB pay until the dummy year was pulled forward?
THat's the only way I can figure out how they have you owing an overpayment, since you collected NO UI in a new 2nd year.... seems like your claim would'nt have been affected at all by any of this.
Unless .....they gave you EB and are wanting that back, since it may have been after your first year ended..?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Welcome to the NWO.
Isn't that the truth!

Old 09-27-2010, 08:12 PM

330 posts, read 461,064 times
Quote:
Well I'm by no means a math wiz, but my check book amazingly balances out every month (ha)

One question for you.
After your year one ended in May, did you recieve 1-2 weeks of EB pay until the dummy year was pulled forward?
THat's the only way I can figure out how they have you owing an overpayment, since you collected NO UI in a new 2nd year.... seems like your claim would'nt have been affected at all by any of this.
Unless .....they gave you EB and are wanting that back, since it may have been after your first year ended..?
if they got a letter, it couldnt be a dummy year. right?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:18 PM

407 posts, read 661,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
you dont have to call to have anything "swapped".
they are going to take your Year 1 Tiers where you left off and slide them up into where you thought your Year 2 started all on their own.
and when that chronologically catching up maneuver still doesnt cover the "overpayments" they are going to take 50% of each and every week you have left til its paid.

if you see my post just a while ago, i dont see them doing that scenario.
I know what u r saying BUT jdljr told us that some will require MANUAL setup

like me---- where i am at now--- I WAS at the end of tier 3 last week, with the extra tier 2 week to come this week and then tier 4
NOW i say BENEFITS EXHAUSTED and even though i certified on sunday, i got NO PAYMENT AT ALL TODAY and nothing shows in my payment history
not even 50%

what i ASSUME they did was this
1. they ate up my tier 2 week and all 6 of tier 4 to offset some of my 13 YEAR 2 weeks
2. that still leaves me owing them about 5 weeks worth of $$ Back
3. they have NOT moved me into EB yet because the way my claim WAS (with a 2nd year without 2nd year extensions) i WOULDNT have qualified for EB
4. BUT now that my 2nd year NEVER HAPPENED, i SHOULD qualify for EB (20 weeks, the 5 and a fraction that they will eat from me)
5. SOMEONE will have to MANUALLY move me into EB since it didnt happen automatically

that is what i mean

i EXPECT that once i can get a rep on the phone, they will manually start me into EB then deduct or Swap Out those eb weeks for what i owe and get me back on track

Old 09-27-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Called the remote service center both times!
Last Thurs morning, got a rude rep , right at 8 am, ( no wait) it hadn't Hit the fan yet!... she told me I was now in tier 4 and they would deduct what I owe($120.00), gave me no explanation, said if she tried to help me add things up, she'd be doing that all day long PERIOD...ugh!
At this time, I still hadn't gotten any letters yet, I was just going on what jdljr had given us a heads up about.

So.... I called back Friday, waited about 20 minutes, got a nice woman, said she could help me (after I pushed the option to go to the OP line) she told me , yes I was now in tier 4, to wait for my letter and that the program that ran put me back into year one, like so many others, I'd now be making my higher weekly rate yadda yadda,
I could file a waiver IF I choose to and to file Sunday and to call monday of nothing shows in my pymt history.
She said I should definately have my start of tier 4... when I asked how I came to be in tier four????> she told me that what they paid me
(in yr 2)was exchanged for what I had left ( in yr one)and that's where I'm at now tier 4... really no explanation as to why I had the $120.00 OP.

She then went on to tell me, I now have 31 weeks of benefits to collect on, which is absolutley hilarious, since my max of tier 4 is 6 weeks and max of EB is 20.... that's not adding up right, so go figure.
My amt due was so small, it didn't matter as much to me to file the waiver and take a risk with ESC and holdups that I do not trust at all!
I need no holdups like everyone else, and since I already thought I'd be minnus this week with all this mess, I was ok, with 50 % at my larger amt year rate anyway.

So as far as what your going through, it's not really too much the same.... I still don't know if they'll take all yours out of what you have left in yr 1 and start you on your rest of your EB?
That's what they should do.
Just let you start with the rest of your EB at full rate and they still may do that..?
It's all screwy to me and no matter what they do at this point, they could still change all of this up next week!
Seems like they can do what they want wth us whenever they wish to! No warning nadda!

Well i STILL Show no payment for this week, even though it let me certify
so i guess i did not move "Seamlessly" into EB

Old 09-27-2010, 08:22 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,769,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Welcome to the NWO.
NRO maybe as in RALEIGH. There's not enough competency and there are enough officials up for re-election that may be interested in smoothing this out for any jack boot helicopter pilots out of this bunch.

If someone snaps there's going to be a lot of questions about the communication methods used.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:23 PM

i dont mean to sound rude, b/c i know we are all in the same boat.... i just had hoped this would happen automatically

SOME people have called raleigh and gotten moved MANUALLY into EB and are back on track
some apparently AUTOMATICALLY got adjusted and back on track

i ASSUME that once they bump me into EB, that they will do like they did with my tier 2 and tier 4, and slide it up -- thus replacing my remaining 2nd year 5 weeks/overpayment with 5 EB weeks, and i will still owe about $91, which i assume theyll take out of my first payment--- and then after that i should be back on track with regular payments for 13 -14 eb weeks
BUT it didnt happen yet, and apparently im not going to get back into EB without a manual intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
if they got a letter, it couldnt be a dummy year. right?
Who knows?(ha)
It sounds like they went straight into a dummy year after yr one, with (2)weeks of no benefits until their dummy year kicked in(?)
I can't figure out how they'd have an OP from this program being ran, unless they collected something into this 2nd year....?

It Could be they were paid the wrong amt(too much) all along and it's just now identified when the computer ran this program.
If they post back, I hope they give more specifics

330 posts, read 461,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
I know what u r saying BUT jdljr told us that some will require MANUAL setup

like me---- where i am at now--- I WAS at the end of tier 3 last week, with the extra tier 2 week to come this week and then tier 4
NOW i say BENEFITS EXHAUSTED and even though i certified on sunday, i got NO PAYMENT AT ALL TODAY and nothing shows in my payment history
not even 50%

what i ASSUME they did was this
1. they ate up my tier 2 week and all 6 of tier 4 to offset some of my 13 YEAR 2 weeks
2. that still leaves me owing them about 5 weeks worth of $$ Back
3. they have NOT moved me into EB yet because the way my claim WAS (with a 2nd year without 2nd year extensions) i WOULDNT have qualified for EB
4. BUT now that my 2nd year NEVER HAPPENED, i SHOULD qualify for EB (20 weeks, the 5 and a fraction that they will eat from me)
5. SOMEONE will have to MANUALLY move me into EB since it didnt happen automatically

that is what i mean

i EXPECT that once i can get a rep on the phone, they will manually start me into EB then deduct or Swap Out those eb weeks for what i owe and get me back on track
THAT i can get behind as a possible explanation for the Benefits Exhausted. because EB is a different animal, i think people with Benefits Exhausted are somewhere in the EB space/time continuum.

but i dont think theyre going to move the EB timeline any farther up than it would normally have occurred had this whole thing never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina