Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 12:18 PM

193 posts, read 285,953 times

Advertisements

so I emailed them yesterday.. got a call at 0545 this morning.. my time. No voicemail left.. when I call back, it says this number is no longer in service. . :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 02:01 PM

83 posts, read 265,062 times
Posting an update. I was incorrectly setup with a second benefit year.

I received lower payments in year 2 vs. year 1, so I received a huge "refund" from the State semi-recently when it started fixing its mistake. Some people had to pay and then the State came out and said no one had to pay anything back.

I've been told a couple different things via the local ESC office- yes, I qualify for EB; no, I may not qualify for EB. Well, I certified on Sunday and all looked fine, but no money was in my account today.

Upon calling ESC, I was told that I "DO" qualify for 20 weeks EB and that it had to be "manually" keyed in to the system. The ESC rep told me to call ESC back in a couple days to ensure all went smoothly. He said, if it's fine in a couple days, I should get this week's money within three days.

Sooooo, fingers crossed here, I hope all goes smoothly and I get into EB in the system without any issues. I thought people were being called in for an initial interview for EB in going over job search records and such? Perhaps, once I'm qualified, I'll get a call?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:24 PM

330 posts, read 461,064 times
has anyone been able to get a rep to say what is going to happen come Nov 27 for anyone in EUC, in regards to moving into EB?

Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 PM

10 posts, read 18,355 times
@nicolette I sorta think that's what happened to me. I sent an email last week, no response. Re-sent it today to see if I can get clarification. A friend of mine who was laid off at the same company a month prior to me is now in EB. She continued through the tiers her 2nd year with the same amount. Not sure Mine payments were lowered. She has not had to go in for a review either. Not sure if file online vs filing at the local office has anything to do with that or not. We both filed online.
Strange you didn't get the money in our account. When I certified for last week I read online that you just continue to file if you get a message that your benefits are exhausted & you may be eligible for EB. I assumed by that statement I wouldn't have to anything but continue with my weekly certification. Can anyone verify what really happens?Guess if I don't get an email response tomorrow, I'm gonna have to spend the day on the phone. I have never even gotten through...all I ever get is a busy signal. Is there a number other than what's listed on the website to call? I usually just email & within a day or two get a response back. Not the case this time.

Last edited by Dove3y3s; 11-16-2010 at 04:59 PM..

Old 11-16-2010, 05:22 PM

193 posts, read 285,953 times
I have NEVER gotten an email back from these people.. EVER. I have spent countless hours on the phone. it's crazy!!

Nicolette--- I automatically rolled into EB. Weird. Call them tomorrow and tell them someone told u to call in and ask for a manual entry so you will get paid.

I just want my money. lol.

HOPEFULLY, i'll wake up tomorrow and have the rest of the underpayment. We'll see. I was lucky to get the $224 2 weeks ago.. and the lady called me the day after saying "I processed ur underpayment..." I'm like yeahh .. a portion of it. THen she said "i'll call u back."

I'm not a bothersome person. I hate that I'm having to call or email a million times. I really do.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:50 PM

44 posts, read 63,810 times
Just found this forum, I hope someone can help me...

I was 3-4 weeks into EUC Tier 2 when my benefit year ended. I reapplied for a 2nd year. Here's my current status:

Benefit Year Start: 11/14/2010
Benefit Year End: 11/12/2011
Claim Status: REGULAR ACTIVE CLAIM
Active Issues: Yes

I don't know why I'm listed as having "active issues".

Also, I received a letter today from NC ESC stating that I "have not earned six times the average wage since the start of your prior claim". Of course not since I've been unemployed... What does this mean?

The letter further shows that I have 13 weeks of benefit for the 2010/2011 year for my current unemployment amount but with a reduced earning allowance. Did they just move me from Tier 2 to Tier 3 so that I won't get the remaining Tier 2 amount if I continue to be unemployed?

Thanks.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 PM

^even tho it spells out weekly $ amounts, and appears to be an approval of benefits, does it actually say, way down on the bottom left, that you are ineligible?

the 6x rule is the one they were NOT applying to those of us approved for a 2nd benefit yr between 1/1/10 and 6/1/10. then, the Incident.
if you dont satisfy the 6x rule, you dont get a second benefit year.

like us, you should pick up where you left off in your Year 1. as you said, in Tier 2, at 3-4 weeks.
HOWEVER, unless the US Congress extends the federal deadline, EUC will end 11/27. you will finish out Tier 2, so we are told, and then possibly pick up with EB, which could be 20 weeks worth.

but i dont think i will believe the EB is coming til it does. the last time the federal deadline expired, we all went on EB. then when it was extended, it was effectively replaced with backdated EUC, and all was on schedule again.

Last edited by rlincoln; 11-16-2010 at 08:05 PM..

Old 11-16-2010, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the quick reply rlincoln.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
^even tho it spells out weekly $ amounts, and appear to be an approval of benefits, does it actually say, way down on the bottom left, that you are ineligible?
No, it doesn't mention anything about ineligibility, but the "active issue" verbiage worries me.

Quote:
the 6x rule is the one they were NOT applying to those of us approved for a 2nd benefit yr between 1/1/10 and 6/1/10. then, the Incident.
if you dont satisfy the 6x rule, you dont get a second benefit year.

like us, you should pick up where you left off in your Year 1. as you said, in Tier 2, at 3-4 weeks.
After reading hundreds of posts here, my understanding was that since I had no income so I don't satisfy the 2nd year criteria & resume payments as a "pull forward" from last year. I *think* this is what you're stating as well.

Like most here, this is my first time with unemployment which I really need & can't afford to mess up or lose any weeks from it either in case I continue to be unemployed. I have only 8 more days to protest this, if necessary, so I need to make sure it's right.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:28 PM

i dont mean online, i mean on the letter that you got saying you didnt meet the 6x rule. does it say Ineligible there?

the active issue is likely that you dont meet the requirements for Year 2, so youll need the pull forward.
one bright side to that is that there is no "wait week", a week of nothing, that you have to wait if you start a 2nd Year.
call or visit your local office and see if they have any info for you. if you file your weekly certification come Sunday, it may put itself on the correct course.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
i dont mean online, i mean on the letter that you got saying you didnt meet the 6x rule. does it say Ineligible there?
No statement of ineligibility on the letter, so I guess I'm ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina