Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 08:21 AM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times

Advertisements

Hoping everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!
(KC)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 09:51 AM

407 posts, read 661,070 times
QUESTION--- im in EB now, with only about 6 weeks left (til the end of the year-ish)
i ASSUME that once the current extensions run out Nov 30 (UNTIL THEY DO SOMETHING TO ACT)
i assume i will continue to draw the eb
it is still state funded right?
and u still finish whatever tier/eb u r in?
can anyone confirm

ALSO the addtl $25 we get a week, i assume that still continues on whatever tier/eb u r in?
and for instance u still get it but that NEW people dont?
rsvp

Old 11-26-2010, 11:47 AM

22 posts, read 68,278 times
nvm..

Old 11-27-2010, 08:57 PM

692 posts, read 1,707,698 times
I ended up moving to Wyoming to get employed again.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:23 AM

83 posts, read 265,056 times
I earned about $175 last week by doing contract work. Obviously, I need to report it when filing the weekly certification. I'm on EB.

Will I be disqualified from EB by doing so? Or, does it work like regular UI benefits, whereby I'll receive a lesser payment this week? Thanks.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:17 AM

193 posts, read 285,931 times
Hope everyone did have a nice Turkey day!

nicolette, did they take away from your weeks when they issued you your underpayment? Just wondering. I finally got my payment but before they issued it, my EB start date was 10/24 now it's 9/12.

I'm so glad.. I should be in NC before 2011.. lol. And employed! yah!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:51 PM

83 posts, read 265,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
Hope everyone did have a nice Turkey day!

nicolette, did they take away from your weeks when they issued you your underpayment? Just wondering. I finally got my payment but before they issued it, my EB start date was 10/24 now it's 9/12.

I'm so glad.. I should be in NC before 2011.. lol. And employed! yah!
No, I don't believe so. I received a huge "refund" semi-recently when the State had to correct year 2 claims that were opened, wrongly.

In addition to the refund, I was put back on the higher, year 1 weekly benefit amount and received: 1 week from Tier 2, Tier 3 was exhausted, all of Tier 4, and now I simply rolled into EB. I received an EB letter. In doing the math, looks like I'll receive EB for the full 20 weeks.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:10 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
QUESTION--- im in EB now, with only about 6 weeks left (til the end of the year-ish)
i ASSUME that once the current extensions run out Nov 30 (UNTIL THEY DO SOMETHING TO ACT)
i assume i will continue to draw the eb
it is still state funded right?
and u still finish whatever tier/eb u r in?
can anyone confirm

ALSO the addtl $25 we get a week, i assume that still continues on whatever tier/eb u r in?
and for instance u still get it but that NEW people dont?
rsvp
Yeah, I think you and I are still in the same boat, even after the OP screw up...I've got at least 6 weeks remaining on EB.

The only way we lose EB is if the unemployment rate drops. The expired extension only means that no one will be able to shift to a new tier and can only draw the remaining of whatever tier they're in now. But some (not us) may be eligible to draw EB after the tier they're on expires. We saw this similar situation over the summer when Congress couldn't pass a new extension...alot of people just started dipping into EB. So yeah, EB will remain.

I think the $25 extra we're getting will continue as well. I believe the ones who lose out on those extra benefits are ones who filed claims after like, May of 2010 or something. I can't remember the exact date, but I recall that extra dough was discontinued for all new claimants after a certain period of time. Which means, there are older claimants (those who are in their 2nd year) who get the extra benefits, while the newer claimants don't. Kinda weird how that works.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:14 AM

330 posts, read 461,029 times
and again, any Congressional extension will not be new money. there will be no Tier 5. so no matter what they do, there are going to be millions joining food stamps, medicare, etc, in the next couple months.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:33 AM

30 posts, read 61,100 times
hello,

I am new here and I have a question that is related to this topic.

I live in NC and I was laid off on Nov 13 2009, I filed for unemployment and have been collecting it ever since.

I tried to file this week and I got a message that said my "benefit has expired" and it gave me the phone number to file a claim.

I called the number and went through the automated message which lasted about 20 min. It was the same thing/questions I answered when I set up my inital claim back in 2009, even said I had to wait one week before I could file and I would not be paid for that week etc.

The call went smoothly, it said to expect a letter in the mail in a few days with details etc

My question is did I do the right thing by filing a new claim using the automated system or should I have spoke with a live person ?

was I supposed to file a new claim ?

will I be approved as long as nothing has changed ?

I read some where that we are supposed to get 99 weeks of unemployment benefits but I only received about 52 weeks so far, does that mean I will get 47 more weeks under the new claim and if so will it be the same amount as my first claim ?

Thank you for any info that gets posted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina