Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 01:11 PM

83 posts, read 265,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Same thing happened to me last Friday. I had the review date., got the supplemental questions, answered them, then called 2 days later to see if I fullfilled my review. They said you need to go to the review with your job search yadda ,yadda .
So I head down to the local., job searches in hand early Friday morning waited 15 minutes for the worker at he front desk to key me in, look at my page and tell me, "You fullfilled your review with the questions online"... ugh
I asked her "So can you copy the pages I have, or what?" she said no, theres no need to to.... BIG UGH!

I can see that I'll probably go through this again at the start of Jan
KC~Carolina,
I've been receiving EB since early Nov. and received a letter today telling me to report to the local office next week to show search records. How many weeks back do you generally take in? Since the start of EB? I'm guessing my experience will be just like yours- tell the receptionist, and that's it... I don't understand why they make us report if they don't keep copies? Silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
KC~Carolina,
I've been receiving EB since early Nov. and received a letter today telling me to report to the local office next week to show search records. How many weeks back do you generally take in? Since the start of EB? I'm guessing my experience will be just like yours- tell the receptionist, and that's it... I don't understand why they make us report if they don't keep copies? Silly.
I'd rather they just copy my records just to make my trip worth it. I don't care...take'em in the back, do a little dance on them, hand them back to me and say "ta-da!" Just do something with them.

This sort of thing makes me miss jdljr. Maybe he could've enlightened us a bit on the work search review process now. Is there a percentage of people getting appointments scheduled but then getting the supplemental questions instead? And how do they tell who has to turn in their records at their appointment and who gets the supplemental questions? Is it only certain offices doing it this way? Or is it entirely random? I wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina
Do you recall "Ca11" stating a month or so ago on this thread , that a rep told her that if you still have x number of EB weeks left at the end of your benefit year, you can try to open a 3rd year and have the x amt. of EB weeks pulled forward....?
Well it doesn't sound correct to me, but I am curious who else has been told this ect....
Any thoughts?
KC, I totally remember you sending me a DM awhile back about this and I don't think I ever replied. I probably was in the process, but perhaps had a messy diaper to change or something and got distracted.

Though I don't know if I have an answer...I can't remember if jdljr ever brought it up. What I do know is that you're entitled to all benefits and if you're approved for benefits that carries into a 3rd year...you should be entitled to get it. As jdljr has said, if you don't get approved for a new benefit year (which you won't), they should still open a claim in order to get any available benefits.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
I'd rather they just copy my records just to make my trip worth it. I don't care...take'em in the back, do a little dance on them, hand them back to me and say "ta-da!" Just do something with them.

This sort of thing makes me miss jdljr. Maybe he could've enlightened us a bit on the work search review process now. Is there a percentage of people getting appointments scheduled but then getting the supplemental questions instead? And how do they tell who has to turn in their records at their appointment and who gets the supplemental questions? Is it only certain offices doing it this way? Or is it entirely random? I wonder.
I agree. It makes more sense to at least fool us, and make us believe copies are reviewed! Perhaps a certain percentage of people do not show up because they are not looking for work properly, and they got dropped from EB? Just a guess. Why else would ESC require an in-person visit and not retain the work search records? How many weeks do you generally take? All? The last month or two?

Old 12-08-2010, 03:05 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Quote:
I agree. It makes more sense to at least fool us, and make us believe copies are reviewed! Perhaps a certain percentage of people do not show up because they are not looking for work properly, and they got dropped from EB? Just a guess. Why else would ESC require an in-person visit and not retain the work search records?
I suspect this is the case regardless. For the ones trying to "game" the system, the agency is hoping they'll get scared off and not show. Meanwhile, they'll make copies of our records, then throw them in the garbage when we walk out the door. I really don't think they're doing an ounce of research on our records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW
How many weeks do you generally take? All? The last month or two?
From what I've heard, they only want the weeks you've been on EB...and only the weeks since your previous review. In my case, my last "review" was Oct 28th, so I'll bring everything from that week on.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:59 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,860 times
Quote:
KC~Carolina,
When I was on EB before in my first year I took all work search records from day one!
They copied 6-8 weeks back., I had to do this 3 different x's.
This time I went with everything again and nadda, they sent me home said I fulfilled my requirement questions online.
Very iritating since I called to ask them that and they told me to go in.

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 12-08-2010 at 04:09 PM..

Old 12-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:

KC, I totally remember you sending me a DM awhile back about this and I don't think I ever replied. I probably was in the process, but perhaps had a messy diaper to change or something and got distracted.

Though I don't know if I have an answer...I can't remember if jdljr ever brought it up. What I do know is that you're entitled to all benefits and if you're approved for benefits that carries into a 3rd year...you should be entitled to get it. As jdljr has said, if you don't get approved for a new benefit year (which you won't), they should still open a claim in order to get any available benefits.
Yes I do remember him saying that also, hmmmm..... Just wonder IF it will apply to EB, or if that's treated differently.
I guess I'll wait and see.
lol> I totally understand about the diaper duty and available time ect... No worries, I had 2 messages unanswered from almost a month ago... OOOOps

Will you still have some EB left at the end of your approaching 2nd year?

Old 12-08-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I suspect this is the case regardless. For the ones trying to "game" the system, the agency is hoping they'll get scared off and not show. Meanwhile, they'll make copies of our records, then throw them in the garbage when we walk out the door. I really don't think they're doing an ounce of research on our records.

From what I've heard, they only want the weeks you've been on EB...and only the weeks since your previous review. In my case, my last "review" was Oct 28th, so I'll bring everything from that week on.
Thanks. Based on this, I suppose I'll strictly take in the weeks I've been on EB, which started in early Nov.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
When I was on EB before in my first year I took all work search records from day one!
They copied 6-8 weeks back., I had to do this 3 different x's.
This time I went with everything again and nadda, they sent me home said I fulfilled my requirement questions online.
Very iritating since I called to ask them that and they told me to go in.
Thanks. Only 6-8 weeks back? That seals the deal. I'm only going to take my records since early Nov. when EB started for me.

That is maddening! Huh, I wonder if I might be prompted with online questions upon certifying this week, Sunday. Regardless, I'll still go down to the office next week, as I just don't trust the system.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 PM

193 posts, read 285,872 times
KC.. the 3rd year is a good question.

Since I finally got my underpayment, which was $2327. I get 403/week. Before I got it, my EB start date was 10/24. Now, it's 9/12.-- i don't think that's right.. at all.. but whatever. They took from my balance.. but what am I to do? I dunno.

If it was the 10/24 date, then I'd be going into yr 3. My benefit yr ends 2/27/11.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
KC.. the 3rd year is a good question.

Since I finally got my underpayment, which was $2327. I get 403/week. Before I got it, my EB start date was 10/24. Now, it's 9/12.-- i don't think that's right.. at all.. but whatever. They took from my balance.. but what am I to do? I dunno.

If it was the 10/24 date, then I'd be going into yr 3. My benefit yr ends 2/27/11.
So do I have this right?
They took weeks from your benefit year to give you the underpayment that you rightfully deserved?????
And now your state is triggered off.,
(I still wonder why on that one, since they have a phenomonal UI rate!) Are you still able to file this week?
I'd call asd ask about that check and the fact that they backlogged your benefit date.....
If they OWED you money (which they did) then why did they take away your weeks after payment.
I know your worn out on calling them, but this really deserves an answer.

If your back in NC and we're triggered on and 2/27 rolls around you may still have had EB to pull from.
Let me know what you find out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina