Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 11:02 PM

264 posts, read 313,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
Any other news outlets you can contact in your area -- TV or newspaper? If a newspaper won't run an article, letters to the editor are the next best thing.
I'm sure there is more than one media outlet in your area to push the issue with. Cable companies usually have a local touch feely cable show and channel. Local municipalities have FB accounts that they have not block open posts to their FB account walls. Another great place it [domain blocked due to spam] forums. I looked into Asheville area, there's a HUGE following on [domain blocked due to spam] forums for that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 11:06 PM

If you contact these media sources, use your cell phone video recorder or cam recorder. Record your state of affairs and those you know. If there is a tent city near you and there are many across the state, go there and record their stories of lost homes, cars, retirement and the fact that our reps are using us as pawns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
I've tried every outlet. WNC is a heavy Republican area. I'm thinking seriously about calling Ellen Degeneress or Oprah.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:21 PM

They have caller ID there too folks so if you decide to call again, *69 or call from another number. Be Jane Broke Doe or John Busted Flat Doe if you have too.

I'm not a system rider but we are going to have to work it like systems riders do, stay in their face till they pay you to get out or their hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
Keep calling and e-mailing the legislators and call Perdue's office! ! They are keeping a tally on how many phone calls they receive to see how much interest is in the EB issue. Call and call again and get friends and family to call! !

Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 PM

44 posts, read 63,927 times
Let's try to move the molehill (4 GA members that are on the fence & are needed for a veto override) & not the mountain (newly elected GA members voted in to cut state government with a huge majority of people supporting them.) Leave the pile of **** alone, it wants to sit there doing nothing but creating an odor & if you mess with it you're bound to get some on yourself.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:05 AM

40 posts, read 65,725 times
Lawmakers look to tie jobless benefits to community service :: WRAL.com

Raleigh, N.C. — A bill ....Republicans.... essentially tells many of North Carolina's unemployed to find a job or prepare to volunteer.

WRAL

Old 05-10-2011, 12:24 AM

I'll be more than happy to volunteer in an environment where my skill set, experience and background could make a change. IF THEY ARE PROPOSING THAT WE WEAR ORANGE VEST AND PICK UP TRASH OR ROAD KILL ALONG SIDE DETAINEES, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR ME AND I'M SURE THAT I FOR ONE WILL SEEK COUNSEL. PUT EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANTS AT THE NCESC TO WORK ACTUALLY MATCHING UP THE UNEMPLOYED WITH COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK THAT IS IN LIKE WITH THE RECIPIENT'S SKILLS AND IN THERE FIELD- CREATE WIN-WIN. I view that as a forced internship.

My final thought on this topic before I rest my head tonight is that those who are pushing this bill view us as welfare recipients cut and dry, not as displaced workers. Now what stipulations have been placed upon actual welfare recipients? Even illegal immigrants in our state have more rights to benefits without strings.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:01 AM

40 posts, read 65,725 times
http://unemployement-benefitsnc.rallycongress.com/1150/%5DUnemployment%20Benefits%20For%20North%20Carolin a%20%28Possibly%20All%20States%29%20-%20Not%20Being%20Extended%20|%20Approve%20Extentio n%20Unemployment%20Benefits%20in%20North%20Carolin a

Your email to President Barack Obama sent!
Your email to Rep. Brad Miller (D NC-13) sent!
Your email to Sen. Richard M. Burr (R NC) sent!
Your email to Sen. Kay Hagan (D NC) sent!

Last edited by TommyBolin; 05-10-2011 at 02:10 AM..

Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 AM

230 posts, read 276,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBolin View Post
Lawmakers look to tie jobless benefits to community service :: WRAL.com

Raleigh, N.C. — A bill ....Republicans.... essentially tells many of North Carolina's unemployed to find a job or prepare to volunteer.

WRAL
My biggest issue with this is I work part time, go to school full time and search for a full time job. When am I able to find time to do this mandatory volunteer.. Also I dont think forcing someone to do something is called volunteering.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:27 AM

169 posts, read 204,901 times
OK. Who is on the must call list this morning? What's their number and email? And what are the talking points?

Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina