Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 05:35 PM

134 posts, read 172,866 times

Advertisements

I have someone who is posting it on FB for me. I am emailing and making calls. I guess I could ask at the grocery store, but really not sure if I can. It was posted on Bevs FB I hope lots of people see it, before it disappears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 05:39 PM

264 posts, read 313,311 times
I just thought of those places keeping in mind internet and computer access may be limited for a lot of us now. Craigslist is a thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
I have someone who is posting it on FB for me. I am emailing and making calls. I guess I could ask at the grocery store, but really not sure if I can. It was posted on Bevs FB I hope lots of people see it, before it disappears.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:40 PM

191 posts, read 218,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
Maybe posting that info in as many comment sections of these articles today might help also, if you have time.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:41 PM

Oh I know and appreciate the suggestion. I had to sell my car, so I can only get out when I borrow a car or I am hitching a ride with someone.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:48 PM

156 posts, read 190,274 times
I'll probably have to sell mine as well, been paying for 4 yrs. I have 2 payments left...I just can't believe it's gotten so bad so fast. If anyone knows someone who would like a 2002 mustang near WNC, let me know. I am so ashamed of our leaders, I just can't stand it. I take care of my mom as well, who is a heart patient. She had to go lay down, this stress bothers everyone in a household. It's almost like the politicians don't believe how this is affecting us. I'm not going to even call them leaders anymore,they are politicians.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:51 PM

I know how you feel my Dad has cancer and this worries him on top of his illness. My car was paid for but I needed cash, did not know what else to do.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:14 PM

249 posts, read 305,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
I really hope this one get the VETO!!

Governor to decide whether NC employees pay for health care :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/story/9575857/ - broken link)
If she doesn't veto it and they have a veto proof budget in place, what is going to be their reason for not passing a clean EB bill?

Old 05-10-2011, 08:23 PM

92 posts, read 93,949 times
1.) Minority Democrats have been unable to force a vote on a measure that simply changes the formula that would allow the unemployed to keep receiving benefits from the federal government for up to 99 weeks.

2.) States are eligible for the EB program if they've got unemployment above 8 percent and if the rate is 110 percent of what it was two years ago. Since unemployment rates have been flat since then, Congress told states in December that they could amend their EB laws to look back three years instead of two.

Ok guys and gals we voted these people in to there Seat because we thought they would be "For the People" and Protect the People". Somebody has a job to do and its neither a Dem or a Rep THAT WANTS TO WORK When I see there only in session today for 40 mins. Somebody has some work to do and neither party wants to step up to the plate.

What do these people gain by doing this? Is it going to help all of them get back into office? Is the beginning of there next televised speach to ELECT ME BECAUSE I SHOT DOWN THE EB BENIFITS. These people are acting like they run Washington and they do not. Washington sets this up for us and for you to do your work to make it happen. They should all be removed and replaced by the unemployed......Just remeber this guys and gals next time you vote. Change everybody and do not give them a second term...

Old 05-10-2011, 08:26 PM

45 posts, read 53,208 times
It's pretty bad that the only thing that gives me any kind of peace through all of this is knowing that pretty soon the US will be insolvent. Then EVERYONE will be feeling the pain that I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina