Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 09:51 AM

249 posts, read 305,001 times

Advertisements

Keep it up the great work everyone!

Just talked to aide in Sen. Apodaca's office. I wanted to know why Sen. Berger is saying there are no plans in the Senate to do anything with this issue when Apodaca stated weeks ago that the GOP would take the nobler path and do something to make this happen.

Apodaca said that there's nothing in the works now but the Senate was still trying to come to some sort of resolution with the Governor and the House.

So, it's not dead but we need to keep pushing for a QUICK resolution.

FYI, I had to hold for several minutes because 12 more calls came in right as I had called in. Keep calling everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 09:53 AM

37 posts, read 42,837 times
I am in the same boat as most of you. However this is still just putting a bandaid on a bigger problem. Does anyone on here actually believe in 17 more weeks when theses benefits that we so desperately need now, do run out that it will be any easier to find a job? Technology keeps advancing and with over population there will never be enough decent paying jobs for all of us that want one. NEVER Again. We need to start putting this much energy into finding a permanent solution. (once we take care of getting our benefits reinstated) this economic monster that we have nurtured and fed for all these years must now be put down. Research a resource based economy like the Venus project or the zeitgeist movement.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:05 AM

49 posts, read 63,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egosumdeus View Post
I am in the same boat as most of you. However this is still just putting a bandaid on a bigger problem. Does anyone on here actually believe in 17 more weeks when theses benefits that we so desperately need now, do run out that it will be any easier to find a job? Technology keeps advancing and with over population there will never be enough decent paying jobs for all of us that want one. NEVER Again. We need to start putting this much energy into finding a permanent solution. (once we take care of getting our benefits reinstated) this economic monster that we have nurtured and fed for all these years must now be put down. Research a resource based economy like the Venus project or the zeitgeist movement.

I respect your opinion completely. In my situation I have only $49 left to my name with outstanding May bills... with a very large interview on Thursday I may just MAY land a job! If eb triggered on it would allow me the ability to put gas in my car and keep a roof over my head until I can get on my feet... I know others are in worse shape than me and a few weeks of financial help may be ALL they need also... of all the stories of despair that we've shared on this forum I'd say we ALL need immediate relief and we can figure out how to rally for "long-term" assistance after...

Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 AM

244 posts, read 311,460 times
NC Senate head: Jobless funds standoff continues | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News

Old 05-10-2011, 10:09 AM

Default First things first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egosumdeus View Post
Thanks for your thoughts Egosumdeus. I'm sure we all agree that a few more weeks of unemployment isn't the end all solution. But, we are all in great need of this immediate fix before we can start focusing on long term solutions. Food, shelter, clothing. . . then we can focus on the bigger picture.

Please help our immediate cause. Once we prevail, we can start a new thread.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:13 AM

45 posts, read 53,182 times
Everybody has done a great job contacting people. I know I have done everything possible but face it this is not going to pass

Old 05-10-2011, 10:15 AM

264 posts, read 313,095 times
I understand Egosumdeus but what is the alternative? We've got to make the best of it and pull ourselves together. As for being stale for the labor market- keep reading industry trade rags within areas you have experience in or areas you could easily transition into with what ya know. I hate to say this 'cause it cost to ride the roads but call the dept head at a place you would like to work at and let them know your looking for a job and understand they dont have an opening for you now but in the meantime, would love to intern (also known as volunteer or free labor) for a half day a wk or more. Bet they take you up on it and just maybe you might get a job out of it there and if not, you have another reference and you can state that you are working on your resume and in future interviews- just not getting paid.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:15 AM

Default It's a start...

This kind of coverage is a great start to hopefully get this standoff in the public's eye. Now, we need to ask the media to perform some real journalism and start asking Perdue and the GOP leaders WHY they aren't doing anything to resolve this issue.

Thanks for the updates Laidoffafter50.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 AM

264 posts, read 313,095 times
I'm rooting for you infowanted. You're gonna nail the interview.

Here's something to try...ask for the job. Come right out and ask "may I have this job". Come right out and tell them why you want to have that job. Tell them they should give the job to you instead of another candidate because of what you can do for them that others can't and that because you WANT that job you will be an asset to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infowanted View Post
I respect your opinion completely. In my situation I have only $49 left to my name with outstanding May bills... with a very large interview on Thursday I may just MAY land a job! If eb triggered on it would allow me the ability to put gas in my car and keep a roof over my head until I can get on my feet... I know others are in worse shape than me and a few weeks of financial help may be ALL they need also... of all the stories of despair that we've shared on this forum I'd say we ALL need immediate relief and we can figure out how to rally for "long-term" assistance after...

Old 05-10-2011, 10:27 AM

49 posts, read 63,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
I'm rooting for you infowanted. You're gonna nail the interview.

Here's something to try...ask for the job. Come right out and ask "may I have this job". Come right out and tell them why you want to have that job. Tell them they should give the job to you instead of another candidate because of what you can do for them that others can't and that because you WANT that job you will be an asset to them.

Thank you! I had a 16 yr career in HR so I am crossing my fingers with my experience and this oppty... this interview is "the one" Thank you sincerely for the confidence and info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina