Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 04:05 PM

264 posts, read 313,219 times

Advertisements

Yep and he chooses to take the word of a handful of hiring managers over the masses- 37k of us. SO... all 37k of us are deadbeats. Helps to have an excuse or reason for wrecking lives.

These production jobs- start pay min wage. So someone on UE is suppose to jump on that job EVEN it if means taking a cut in what you bring home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egosumdeus View Post
Soooo 37,000 of us going to move to Nash County for these 200 jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 04:17 PM

40 posts, read 65,465 times
Gov. Perdue's press secretary Chris Mackey, issued the following statement today about extended unemployment benefits:

“The Governor has been clear, and this issue is not complicated.
The Governor supports extended unemployment benefits. The legislature claims to support extended unemployment benefits.
When the legislature sends a clean bill that extends unemployment benefits to her desk, she will sign it.
No further discussion should be necessary.”

Nice Facebook entry,huh

https://www.facebook.com/notes/bev-pe...50171053006783

Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM

122 posts, read 161,429 times
I really hope this one get the VETO!!

Governor to decide whether NC employees pay for health care :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/story/9575857/ - broken link)

Old 05-10-2011, 04:27 PM

May 10, 2011 11:00 AM
House Republicans To Long-Term Unemployed: Drop Dead

By Susie Madrak
So given their druthers, the Republicans would rather screw the long-term unemployed out of the pittance they get on unemployment. They don't put it that way, of course; they merely offer states the "option" of spending federal unemployment funding on their debt instead of unemployment benefits:
WASHINGTON -- After some encouraging signs that Republicans might cooperate with them, the two House Democrats trying to give the long-term jobless extra weeks of unemployment benefits are dismayed the GOP has instead moved a bill that could take benefits away.
Reps. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and Bobby Scott (D-Va.) want to give the long-term unemployed another 14 weeks of unemployment insurance. In a remarkable April meeting, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) encouraged them to work with Rep. Dave Camp (R-Mich.), chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, which oversees unemployment insurance.
Instead, Camp is pursuing a bill that would give states the option to spend federal unemployment dollars on paying down debt instead of paying for extended unemployment benefits.
“Instead of acting on our bill to extend aid to unemployed workers who have exhausted their benefits, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Camp wants to gut unemployment benefits and deny millions of jobless workers the means to help make ends meet," Lee and Scott said in a statement. "As we face an unemployment rate of 9 percent nationwide, an unemployment rate for teenagers three times as high as the national average, and an economy where there are 4.4 unemployed workers for every available job opening, it is simply wrong to propose a bill that would further penalize unemployed workers across the country.”
Camp's office declined to comment. Ways and Means will vote on Camp's bill on Wednesday.

From CrooksandLiars.com

Old 05-10-2011, 04:55 PM

108 posts, read 160,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egosumdeus View Post
Soooo 37,000 of us going to move to Nash County for these 200 jobs?
What 200 jobs? Can you provide a link to what you are referring to?

Old 05-10-2011, 05:02 PM

64 posts, read 77,778 times
I hate to say it, but I have reached my end point. I am going to take my $30 I have in my coffee can and put gas in my car and head west. Basically I'm doing a Tom Joad. I look at it this way...I can wait to be homeless here due to the GA, or I can be proactive and take my chances across the US. It's a roll of the dice either way, but I feel that controlling my own destiny is the best course to take. Good luck to all of you in your fight, I wish you the best.

Last edited by Rangerbob; 05-10-2011 at 05:10 PM..

Old 05-10-2011, 05:15 PM

49 posts, read 63,188 times
I posted on Perdue's fb wall twice and both times the info was removed... requested Thom Tillis as a friend and couldn't find anything on Berger. So, Perdue posts her on feedback to our benefits but won't stand for our story to be told... sad. Not so sure Tillis will friend me, LOL.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:21 PM

134 posts, read 172,822 times
These politicians sicken me. Please anyone in or around the Charlotte area show up for the rally at the ESC off of Albemarle Rd. We need to show strength in numbers. I can assure the Charlotte Observer will jump all over this story.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
These politicians sicken me. Please anyone in or around the Charlotte area show up for the rally at the ESC off of Albemarle Rd. We need to show strength in numbers. I can assure the Charlotte Observer will jump all over this story.

Have you tried putting up a flyer at the ESC ofc letting folks know about it? Maybe some at the library and local owned grocery stores to get the word out.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:31 PM

37 posts, read 42,859 times
Our elected officials make $158,000 dollars a year broken down that means these people made $432.00 today in 80 min while the rest of us sit here praying that maybe tomorrow they'll get around to us while they make another $432.00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina