Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 09:16 AM

169 posts, read 204,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
:

Thom Tillis

Email: Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net
...919-733-3451

Phil Berger

Email: Phil.Berger@ncleg.net
(919) 733-5708
Above you'll find the TOP 2 people in Raleigh right NOW that can bring back benefits in one day.

I just called as a "NC citizen" and spoke to their very nice staff. I said that I just read an article in the paper about the unemployed and I'm wondering what is being done to help these people. I told them I was very saddened to read the story.

Again the staff is VERY courteous and can't wait until this is over as well.

Call and let your voice be head. It will take only 2 minutes of your time.

PLEASE CALL.

Don't let our media blitz go to waste!

Thom Tillis

Email: Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net
...919-733-3451

Phil Berger

Email: Phil.Berger@ncleg.net
(919) 733-5708
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 AM

244 posts, read 311,468 times
Unemployment benefits stalemate splits jobless family | NC Policy Watch with Fitzsimon & Schofield

Old 05-11-2011, 09:19 AM

264 posts, read 313,128 times
1 hour ago on twitter:

#ThomTillis PR: expects an EB provision in budget when it comes out of Senate. No ?'s from media re: attaching EB to another budget #ncga

Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 AM

37 posts, read 42,842 times
Just called very nice staff, reassures me that both sides are trying to work together to veto the governor's decision. Whatever that means.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:28 AM

BREAKING NEWS:

Ross just offered amendment to H597 to pay unemployment benefits to unemployed workers. Chairs rules it out of order.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:35 AM

North Carolinians are a proud group by majority including those affected by long term unemployment. I am certain that a percentage of those who have remained on unemployment benefits for an extended period of time have remained of due to ineffective search for gainful employment but that is where there should be reform in ESC operations re: working with those individuals more aggressively, documenting their lack of effort. The majority on extended benefits do not fit into this mentality that they are being plagued with by legislators who are against extending benefits. These individuals desperately need payments to resume. This could happen in a day and a day could make the difference for some in regards to being able to provide basic needs. Help these people help themselves.

NC Employment Security Commission's reported statistics on unemployment DO NOT reflect the TRUE numbers of the unemployed. A great deal of our elected officials refuse to look for a comprehensive method for tracking the actual unemployment rate.

Where's the ability to work together, think strategically and treat tax payer dollars with the same amount of respect you treat your own dollars? Take a look at the real big picture here - give answers, or ask some questions if you have no clue, but most importantly provide some guidance and cohesive leadership. Current actions are not acceptable.

Sir, I urge you to consider the plight of those affected here. Let’s work for solutions to end the entitlement mentality that citizens have but not on the backs of those who were gainfully employed previously.

Kindest regards

Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 AM

Info. for Judiciary SubCom. A

North Carolina General Assembly - Judiciary Subcommittee A (House Standing Committee)

Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 AM

249 posts, read 305,028 times
Default Go Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post
BREAKING NEWS:

Ross just offered amendment to H597 to pay unemployment benefits to unemployed workers. Chairs rules it out of order.
I think there's a lot of "out of orders" going on in Raleigh! I hope more follow in Ross' footsteps! Kudos!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 AM

Bloomberg Business Week picked up story
NC Senate head: Jobless funds standoff continues - BusinessWeek

Old 05-11-2011, 09:48 AM

249 posts, read 305,028 times
Default That makes no sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egosumdeus View Post
Just called very nice staff, reassures me that both sides are trying to work together to veto the governor's decision. Whatever that means.
Only the governor can veto. And I haven't heard anything from the Dems trying to override the governor's veto. Hmmmm... calling now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina