Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM

249 posts, read 304,902 times

Advertisements

An amendment to an Unemployment bill regarding unemployment is non-germane yet its appropriate to amend a STATE budget issue to a FEDERAL extension of EB?

I hope you enjoyed your terms in office because the people of NC won't vote in someone with a total disregard for its constituents!

I don't know how you can sleep at night. If you actually have half a conscience and find yourself awake, you might want to take a look a the national media covering your actions. I'm embarrassed to be a citizen of NC right now. Downright shameful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 AM

169 posts, read 314,905 times
Default I called both

I called both and spoke to two people. They both sounded exhausted. In fact the one woman I spoke to for Thom Tillis' office sounded like she was going to cry as I pounded her with pure TRUTH. She was definitely breaking down.

I realize she is not Rep. Tillis, she is just a secretary of sorts. I made sure not to demonize her or act unprofessionally.

She was of zero help, and merely provided an ear to me to vent to(that wasn't my girlfriends or my family).

Us holding our own destiny is believable, but I think like many changes in our country, or in any of our states.... We have to CREATE A LOUDER spectacle. We need a new engine in which to be heard. Although this forum allows for connective-ness, it also allows for physical complacency.

I mean, I'm not out their right now with a picket sign either, so who am I to say anything?! I am confused, and I do not know what to do.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:02 AM

264 posts, read 312,948 times
1. Does anyone feel that this situation is going to be rectified in the next few weeks? Are they going to reinstate benefits, or are the disenfranchised workers of NC F-ed?

I remain optimistic at this moment. I do feel that if we do not see some agressive action by the end of the week, we can pretty much bet that the disenfranchised NC workers are on their own. I will remain vigilant in my efforts to be heard on this bill. The fact is, there is only so much pushing one can do in trying to find a job within a reasonable commute so as I wait to hear back from applications and resumes sent as well as wait a reasonable time to re-contact those within my network so I won't seem pushy and desperate, I will continue to put energy and effort forward in this cause until action one way or another has been taken or I find gainful employment. I refuse to sit on my arse waiting and doing nothing- if I can't work for money, I'll work on something, anything to remain active and feel productive.

2. Is our push for media attention even affecting these "leaders"?
Yes, I believe it is. The ones that cry the loudest get attention. This bad press will not go away quickly but it will be easily forgotten once a final decision has been made and until then we need to scream the loudest. I opened a twitter account only a few days ago and have started following key people and replying to their tweets till they started following me. Now they are taking my tweets and running with them as well as sending me messages asking for more info. Before I thought twitter was for twits and FB for friends chatting up their kids accomplishments. My opinion has changed. I found it a great way to maneuver and network in crowds that would previously ignore the average joe.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:04 AM

169 posts, read 314,905 times
Default What's up Purdue?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
Very interesting and proof positive that WE are making a difference with our calls and emails. He went out of his way to address this matter today.

KEEP CALLING and EMAILING!

Thom Tillis
Email: Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net
919-733-3451

Phil Berger
Email: Phil.Berger@ncleg.net
(919) 733-5708

* Be sure to thank Laura Leslie for giving us a louder voice @ lauraleslie@wral.com
In the meantime, he said, “We would welcome any good-faith efforts on the governor’s part to step up and lead, and get us to a compromise to get these people their checks. But those folks that are waiting for those checks need to know it’s the governor’s inaction that’s preventing them from coming.”

Cmon Purdue.....LEAD...LEAD.......

Old 05-11-2011, 11:04 AM

How many active people for the cause do we have here. I feel like that there may be many that are not posting. Can we have a poll of how many we could bunch up to sign a petition or to caravan to grounds. I have coolers, chairs and some snack supplies that I would put to use for the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egosumdeus View Post
Maybe if all 37,000 of us decided to march on the capital they may wake up and listen. Or maybe as we get evicted we set up our tent city on the governors grounds. I think it's BS that if I was working and doing my job as inadequately as they are I would have been fired by now.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:07 AM

134 posts, read 172,684 times
I am in Charlotte and would go if I had a ride or could meet you along the way.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 AM

Just sent a very well worded email to Laura Leslie to thank her for her efforts in bringing attention to this matter.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:13 AM

If we can work on an organized event and I feel there will be enough of us there to make a difference, I'll pay gas money for you and a car pool of those for the cause to come. Is there someone you know near to you in the same mess as we are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
I am in Charlotte and would go if I had a ride or could meet you along the way.

21 posts, read 25,094 times
Default i would be willing to picket

i say lets pickett or camp in front of there homes or office....lets do it

its time for us to be heard...enough is enough

134 posts, read 172,684 times
Have you thought about showing up for the event in Charlotte on Monday, at the ESC office with Alexandra Sirota. I do not know if that is any closer for anyone, but I am sure their will be media coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina