Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 02:35 PM

249 posts, read 305,001 times

Advertisements

He also said he thought they'd (the GOP) take a nobler path and a solution would come soon. Now he's saying that there isn't anythign in the works. I wish we knew what Johnson was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
Did she just leave that mysterious message about "A SOLUTION". Just a one sentence email saying next week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 02:37 PM

McDonalds had one million applicants to fill 62,000 jobs. I'm not a math major but that sure is more than a one to four ratio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infowanted View Post
How to Eliminate 322,000 JOBS

Article quotes FOUR OR MORE people to every ONE job opening as a national statistic? Does anyone know what the NC average is?

Old 05-11-2011, 02:42 PM

169 posts, read 204,412 times
I'm going to fill up a couple mailbox's (voice & email) tonight.

Thom Tillis
Email: Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net
919-733-3451

Phil Berger
Email: Phil.Berger@ncleg.net
(919) 733-5708

Let's keep riding the media wave folks. We ARE making a difference!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM

169 posts, read 314,975 times
Default Two questions?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
Yep, and she closed with "A proud Republican woman. Linda"

1. Don't these "leaders" know that this is no longer about pride? It is about right and wrong, decency in a hostile economy, the welfare of families....no one is judging Ms. Johnson for being a Republican. I don't care if Ralph Nader flew into North Carolina with a green superman cape and reinstated EB benefits...the sh** just needs to get done. Good for her, let her be proud.

2. If benefits get reinstated soon(say next week or the week after) and the person has not finished their 4th tier, do you need to anything different than your weekly work searches and your filing? Do you need to call the local office?

HOPEFULLY NOT---BUT

2a. If benefits do not get restored until mid June or later, and a person finishes their 4th tier in may, do they continue to file and do their weekly work searches in the ESC computer system?

** I called the NCESC and I spoke to, may I say, the single handedly most nasty cust service representative I have ever talked to. It is usually pretty good, but this woman was horrendous.

Looking for some insight, thank you

Old 05-11-2011, 02:55 PM

10 posts, read 12,130 times
I just found this site Until now I didnt know how to fight this issue, this is great I am about to start my calls and emails!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:00 PM

Default Welcome aboard oldham!

If you know anyone else facing this same issue please send them here too. There's power in numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldham View Post
I just found this site Until now I didnt know how to fight this issue, this is great I am about to start my calls and emails!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:02 PM

What the ESC told me when I got my last tier 4 payment was then "if" EB got reinstated, I would just have to contact them to see what to do because they won't know the procedures until it actually happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
1. Don't these "leaders" know that this is no longer about pride? It is about right and wrong, decency in a hostile economy, the welfare of families....no one is judging Ms. Johnson for being a Republican. I don't care if Ralph Nader flew into North Carolina with a green superman cape and reinstated EB benefits...the sh** just needs to get done. Good for her, let her be proud.

2. If benefits get reinstated soon(say next week or the week after) and the person has not finished their 4th tier, do you need to anything different than your weekly work searches and your filing? Do you need to call the local office?

HOPEFULLY NOT---BUT

2a. If benefits do not get restored until mid June or later, and a person finishes their 4th tier in may, do they continue to file and do their weekly work searches in the ESC computer system?

** I called the NCESC and I spoke to, may I say, the single handedly most nasty cust service representative I have ever talked to. It is usually pretty good, but this woman was horrendous.

Looking for some insight, thank you

Old 05-11-2011, 03:02 PM

244 posts, read 311,460 times

YouTube - NC Senator Martin Nesbitt on extension of federal jobless benefits

Old 05-11-2011, 03:03 PM

10 posts, read 12,130 times
I will dont worry

Old 05-11-2011, 03:06 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,697 times
Also, this should go without saying, but, if and when EB does get restored...it could take anywhere from 1-3 weeks for the NCESC to process and get you your first payment. It has been frustrating in the past, but with that backlog of claimants in the system...it may take awhile to get everyone caught up and the agency doesn't exactly work at lightning speed.

The NCESC should set aside a specific number for those affected to call in. That's what they did with the previous EUC08 extension and the overpayment debacle. And expect to wear out the redial button on your phone.

But, baby steps...benefits need to be restored first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina