Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 PM

264 posts, read 364,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtohelp View Post
Wouldn't it be better to fill the republicans message centers than the governors. They are the ones that are holding up unemployment.. They know the only way they can get there budget through is this way. the governor is not all to blame. You can't ask her to sign something that might be as bad for us in the furture. Remember Washington when the president gave in.
I found it encouraging that in the little video clip of the Governor I saw a few minutes ago, she said she had hope that a clean bill would reach her desk.

I don't know how it's going to get done, but I still have plenty of hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 PM

249 posts, read 305,559 times
Jobless NC Residents Speak Out About Unemployment - WAXN News Story - WSOC Charlotte
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
Can you link to it?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:31 PM

92 posts, read 94,075 times
Since I cannot put this on the facebook page 1000 CHARACTERS MAX here is what I wrote to the President OF THE United States of America under civil rights about the EB.....

Dear Mr President,

I am having a issue with the Rep. and Dems in North Carolina. They seem to want to attach the extended unemployment benefits to there own financial budget for 2012. This is a EB program that you signed off for all American citizens in every state that has high unemployment thru calculation. It seems like the North Carolina Reps. and the Dems. want to use this in a bill as there own calculated bargaining tool to get the Governor of North Carolina to take a 20% budget cut out of what was already approved for 2012 budget. The Reps. and Dems. are using the North Carolinians as Pawns and I feel this is discrimination.. We will go there another day...

This is wrong and too my understanding Bev the Gov. would sign the bill if it was a stand alone bill. The Reps. and Dems. seem not to budge and this is wrong for this and is a totally separate issue and was approve by the United States of America for every citizen in every state that met the guide lines thru the caculation.

Mr President could you please intervene for us in North Carolina, there are 37,000 people and counting to get our leaders to do some simple math calculations and get this bill in front of Bev so we can get what the United States of America signed off for us untill Jan 2012. May God Bless You and have a good night.

Designnewz

Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 PM

24 posts, read 28,734 times
designnewz That is a great letter

Old 05-16-2011, 10:04 PM

264 posts, read 364,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designnewz View Post
Since I cannot put this on the facebook page 1000 CHARACTERS MAX here is what I wrote to the President OF THE United States of America under civil rights about the EB.....

Dear Mr President,

I am having a issue with the Rep. and Dems in North Carolina. They seem to want to attach the extended unemployment benefits to there own financial budget for 2012. This is a EB program that you signed off for all American citizens in every state that has high unemployment thru calculation. It seems like the North Carolina Reps. and the Dems. want to use this in a bill as there own calculated bargaining tool to get the Governor of North Carolina to take a 20% budget cut out of what was already approved for 2012 budget. The Reps. and Dems. are using the North Carolinians as Pawns and I feel this is discrimination.. We will go there another day...

This is wrong and too my understanding Bev the Gov. would sign the bill if it was a stand alone bill. The Reps. and Dems. seem not to budge and this is wrong for this and is a totally separate issue and was approve by the United States of America for every citizen in every state that met the guide lines thru the caculation.

Mr President could you please intervene for us in North Carolina, there are 37,000 people and counting to get our leaders to do some simple math calculations and get this bill in front of Bev so we can get what the United States of America signed off for us untill Jan 2012. May God Bless You and have a good night.

Designnewz
You don't exactly have all your facts straight. Among other misstatements, only one of the political parties wanted to attach EB to the state budget.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 PM

92 posts, read 94,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
You don't exactly have all your facts straight. Among other misstatements, only one of the political parties wanted to attach EB to the state budget.
C'mon there all together as a TEAM.. Together Everyone Acheives More..
And with the facts: I would say now there are 50,000 people not Receiving the O'BAMA EB PLAN... SO it kinda offsets itself and there is definitly something wrong....

Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 PM

174 posts, read 315,156 times
we've been warned!!! ,,,,,besides the blame game is the reason we are in the situation we are in. we need to pray for some kind of solution, any kind. If not there will be just two of us that will have enough resources to continue to hound these people. If I got anything out of the charlotte meeting is that this needs to happen quickly. the 37000 are dropping like flies from poverty,stress,and depression. you can't fight a battle with no resources and the longer this goes on the less money and resources any of us will have. Continue to hound EVERYONE until someone breaks.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:59 PM

25,603 posts, read 56,694,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
That is the same answer Perdue always gives. What will she do to help now? No one will budge. How many people were at the rally?

I just emailed Chris Matthews and Anderson Cooper again for help.
Try Ed Schultz. He's a good one. Big campaigner for the 99ers.

ed.msnbc@nbcuni.com

I wrote Chris Matthews a while back and Ed Schultz ended up with the issue - don't remember now what it was.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:29 AM

162 posts, read 193,860 times
Thank you ariadne22.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 AM

169 posts, read 204,764 times
Great article in the N&O:

Man-made disaster for long-term unemployed - Other Views - NewsObserver.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina