Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 12:28 PM

3 posts, read 3,589 times

Advertisements

I am 28 years old and have always had a job since I was 16 now I am about to get evicted from my home because of this EB issue. I have looked everywhere for a job I have recently done carpenter work but am lucky if I get ONE day a week. I don't have gas money to go to Interviews, my wife is 4 months pregnant and we have two kids now. The stress that has been put on us, my wife hasn't ate in 3 days and had to go to the emergency room last night to get fluids. I have been to so many interviews and filled out so many applications but no one will call me back. My phone is about to get shut off then all hope is gone. Please think about all of us who are in despair because of your veto on the EB resolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,371 times
I just sent burger and tillis this email. This has got to stop. I'm not going to bore you with my sob story because we both know you all really don't give a damn. Your still getting paid, your lights are on, and your belly is full, so if you would please stop playing chicken with my life thanks. The 37,000 that lost there checks, and hundreds more that join us everyday don't care about the budget why? because in a week or so, that 37,000 will become 37,000 homeless, and the state budget won't be worth the black marker on there need help signs. How can you live in your own skin knowing what is going on. Have you lost all sense of being a human. The bible says love and care for one another, not love and care only if you can get your budget cuts in. You know when I heard that Osama bin laden had been killed I smiled, but now it makes me wonder who are the real terrorist the people who send people to meet death by a bomb, or the ones who sit back and watch there fellow comrades die in the mud, holding a first aid kit waiting for them to say we accept your budget cuts. I have never writing a politician before but then again I have never had my fate in another 's hands before either. I only ask that you send governor Perdue a clean bill so i can pay my rent.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:39 PM

49 posts, read 63,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Anyone in Hampstead?

https://twitter.com/#!/FoodBankJenC Looking for a volunteer to help with a special task in Hampstead for @stampouthunger THIS Saturday. My email/phone is on my Twitter page.

Im not on twitter but I am in Wilmington and can help! is there an email address?

Old 05-11-2011, 12:41 PM

162 posts, read 213,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infowanted View Post
Im not on twitter but I am in Wilmington and can help! is there an email address?
look here Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina: Wilmington Branch

Old 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM

264 posts, read 313,334 times
I'll get right back with an email and tele# for JenC

Networking is good- even when volunteering at a FoodBank. Puts you close to others that may know of a job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infowanted View Post

Old 05-11-2011, 12:47 PM

Where are you located? If near me, I may know some folks that could use your work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman704yo View Post
I am 28 years old and have always had a job since I was 16 now I am about to get evicted from my home because of this EB issue. I have looked everywhere for a job I have recently done carpenter work but am lucky if I get ONE day a week. I don't have gas money to go to Interviews, my wife is 4 months pregnant and we have two kids now. The stress that has been put on us, my wife hasn't ate in 3 days and had to go to the emergency room last night to get fluids. I have been to so many interviews and filled out so many applications but no one will call me back. My phone is about to get shut off then all hope is gone. Please think about all of us who are in despair because of your veto on the EB resolution.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 3,589 times
Default Lincolnton

I live in Lincolnton close to gaston county I am willing to do any type of work...

Old 05-11-2011, 12:54 PM

169 posts, read 315,146 times
Default True that

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
Then the senate, then the president.. They dont just get to make stuff up on their own.
The Repubs are striking while the iron is hot, which is what they always do. This will get shot down in the Senate no doubt.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,763 times
Just found this forum through Google search. I am an out-of-state claimant living in a state that has approved the benefit extension. The lawmakers in NC must truly have their heads in the sand. I've been reading this forum this afternoon to catch up on what has been provided here...man, you guys are great!

I found the contact information for Tillis, Perdue, and Berger and have contacted all 3 by phone. Seems like their staff are paying "lip-service" to all callers and try desperately to avoid the real issues. This is a terrible situation and I hope to never have to work in NC again!!! Those of you who are in NC...please make sure that you remember the past month when the 2012 elections come around.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:55 PM

919-865-3022

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
i'll get right back with an email and tele# for jenc

networking is good- even when volunteering at a foodbank. Puts you close to others that may know of a job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina