Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 AM

249 posts, read 305,559 times

Advertisements

Here's the emails of the Republican House members again. I think we need to ask them why they won't pass a clean EB when they have a veto proof budget in place.
Attached Files
File Type: txt NC House Republicans.txt (1.6 KB, 182 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 08:17 AM

134 posts, read 173,053 times
I will not give up, no matter what.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:19 AM

264 posts, read 313,668 times
I'm glad to see it mommy terry. I'm as frustrated as the rest of you. I've yet to tell my story here and the reason I haven't is 1) its hard too, 2) i dont want to depress anyone with my situation because they have there's, and 3) i'm trying to stay focused on the cause and be positive.

I need the extension just as much as any of you. I know they see it as a gamble. But just giving people some relief with this extension can mean every bit of the difference in them being able to focus more on finding work. I don't think they realize how broken the ESC ofcs are- the job placement clerks aren't actively trying to provide assistance with job searches. I feel when I set infront of one of them that I could do their job so many better than they are and would love helping people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
Looks like the media is ripping our government a new one. GOOD FOR THEM!!

Old 05-11-2011, 08:22 AM

169 posts, read 315,590 times
Default Linking EB to H383 to avoid govt shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by infowanted View Post
I spent 15 minutes on the phone with a representative from Thom Goolsby's office this morning. He echoed the comments from Berger, "We sent a resolution to the Governor and she vetoed." When I asked why Goolsby had not signed the discharge petition he said they stand firm on linking EB to HB 383 to avoid gov't shutdown... further saying EB would cease on July 1st anyway if the gov't shutdown. I asked him when the gov't so called "shut down" happened if he would recieve compensation and his answer was no. I asked him how long he could survive without his salary and he said not long... then we debated how 37,000+ must feel having lost benefits on April 16th. He indicated the republicans would stand firm on linking the bill to the budget and although they were concerned with the economy and the welfare of the people of NC there was no resolution in sight.

I'm not going on about my conversation to discourage the phone calls and push for media blitz. It seems to be the reality that after 100 years Republicans have the control and they aren't going to budge.
"No resolution is sight"

I'm usually really positive on this forum. It's really hard to be positive without any good news. Purdue and the GOP are laying such hardball, its hard to imagine they would use the unemployed to jockey any position. It isn't working?! Why wouldn't they just stop holding people hostage. It seems like the right thing to do? WTF

Old 05-11-2011, 08:26 AM

It's a power trip for the politicians. Once they get in office they lose sight. Their heads grow bigger and bigger, and let's face it, they come from money.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:28 AM

Yep I'm feeling like a kid in the middle of a nasty divorce and custody battle. In the end, who suffers the most after some sort of compromise is in place? I wish there was legal support for us in this tug of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
"No resolution is sight"

I'm usually really positive on this forum. It's really hard to be positive without any good news. Purdue and the GOP are laying such hardball, its hard to imagine they would use the unemployed to jockey any position. It isn't working?! Why wouldn't they just stop holding people hostage. It seems like the right thing to do? WTF

Old 05-11-2011, 08:29 AM

You're right. I thought the world of my rep Stephen LaRoque untill this. I can't say how I feel about him on here right now. Anyone feel like chewing him a new one? Ive got his cell#.

Quote:
It's a power trip for the politicians. Once they get in office they lose sight. Their heads grow bigger and bigger, and let's face it, they come from money.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 AM

I did email the ACLU, have not heard back. They usually love getting involved in this sort of thing. I thought maybe the drug testing part would get their attention. Who knows.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 AM

37 posts, read 42,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
Agreed, this is no time to throw in the towel. Just look what we were able to accomplish with only a couple days of rattling cages.

This is the time to crank up the intensity more!

Somebody post some names and numbers! Let's light up somebody's switchboard!

I agree. Calling your representative, if they are republican, Is a great place to start. They all have email and their phone numbers on the web. Just look them up I'm sure you have a few spare minutes. We only need a few votes from them in Senate.

Make sure we ask them why for $432.00 a day of the taxpayers money, not the federal allotted funds that are allotted to us for a pittance of what they make can't they concentrate on what we need? You can't tax those who have nothing left. I don't know about you but I was still being taxed by the state when I was receiving unemployment.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:38 AM

I wonder if some of the nonprofits that provide emergency assistance and help with basic needs might be willing to write or call these guys. You know these nonprofits are busting at the seams with people in need. Not only people on UB or who have just been dropped, but add on those who were just hit by the storms.

Quote:
I did email the ACLU, have not heard back. They usually love getting involved in this sort of thing. I thought maybe the drug testing part would get their attention. Who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina