Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 08:34 PM

162 posts, read 193,604 times

Advertisements

Soleprovider51,

It's just so frustrating when they lie and it angers me. When this first happened, I began emailing right away. I felt alone. Then I found this forum and it has been a blessing the support here.

I have been aggressively looking for work and actually have a chance at two opportunities and I hope they pan out. Thank you to everyone on here for being brave and sharing their stories. It really helps alot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 08:43 PM

264 posts, read 313,277 times
I know. This is one of those times that you take their lies personal and to heart. We feel betrayed and not their normal shennanigans- this cuts to the bone. I've always worked hard- its the way I'm wired. This is the hardest work I've ever done in my life.

Come Monday to late Friday afternoon, I try to be as resourceful as I can and keep a positive outlook for a successful job search. I'd even start looking our to my location but due to way the times were I had to move dad in with me. Moving him at his age would pretty much do him in.

We're going to make. Some how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
Soleprovider51,

It's just so frustrating when they lie and it angers me. When this first happened, I began emailing right away. I felt alone. Then I found this forum and it has been a blessing the support here.

I have been aggressively looking for work and actually have a chance at two opportunities and I hope they pan out. Thank you to everyone on here for being brave and sharing their stories. It really helps alot.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:23 AM

264 posts, read 364,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
I don't understand when Thom Tillis talks about it's Perdue's fault and she is the one holding us hostage so to speak. Why won't someone ask him if he cares about us, why he won't vote on a standalone bill. How can we wait until July? I keep saying it, but I want someone to ask him the hard questions and make him answer.
I was amazed that in the WRAL article Laura Leslie did not challenge any of Thom Tillis' statements putting all the blame on Perdue.

The media should not be taking elected officials' statements at face value. They should be asking follow-up questions which reveal the hollowness of their political stance.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:27 AM

156 posts, read 190,259 times
They should be asking follow-up questions which reveal the hollowness of their political stance.

Couldn't have said it better myself...they're completely hollow and empty inside

Old 05-14-2011, 08:46 AM

44 posts, read 63,830 times
You all realize that if the budget doesn't get resolved then the state government shuts down because it's running a deficit. So if there's a shutdown, no EB benefits even if they are/were reinstated.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:49 AM

29 posts, read 37,618 times
I still believe the benefits are in limbo until one side needs most leverage come budget deadline time and that is so unfair to all the needy families out there living in state inflicted limbo and despair. I for one will most certainly change my party of choice come next election and so will about many I have shared this with. Shame on you people with the power to make this right! Karma affects all, even the rich and ones with steady incomes!! I am usually a very positive person but I am really seeing this is causing disasterous affects in my fellow state people. I truly hope for a good ending to this whole messy situation. I wish you all a peaceful weekend.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:53 AM

As for the state shutting down, I highly doubt that. These politicians are too greedy to worry about going without a paycheck. They have their beach properties to keep up for the summer and entertaining to do! smirks..

Old 05-14-2011, 09:14 AM

156 posts, read 190,259 times
@jmichaelp, being that it is a federally funded extension...it really shouldn't affect it at all. At least I hope that's the way it is.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:16 AM

169 posts, read 315,097 times
Default Very very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiwhit View Post
As for the state shutting down, I highly doubt that. These politicians are too greedy to worry about going without a paycheck. They have their beach properties to keep up for the summer and entertaining to do! smirks..
State government shutdowns are uncommon. I have tried to find other states who have had shutdowns, and I could only find 4-5 examples(PA, NY, NJ, MN) in the history of the United States.

Besides that, these representatives want this ordeal to be solved before the beginning of June: at least a month before the deadline. They wanted this solved in April, but the Governor was unwilling to compromise on the FACT that Repubs have a valid say in the state's budget.

We live in a democracy, and both parties have to work together to create something that they can both agree on. This isn't the totalitarian state of Bev Purdue. Diplomacy and compromise make a good leader.

Benefits being in limbo is an unfortunate bi-product of all of this. Things will be ok though, and I'm sure EB will be released by the end of this month or early June. It has too.

I feel sorry for the NCESC, they are going to get bombarded. The need to implement a plan NOW to make the EB reinstatement smooth.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:29 AM

I personally feel the upcoming rally in Charlotte is going to perhaps be a turning point. If nothing else, it will bring much more attention to this matter and that is a definate plus! I wish I were closer to Charlotte, 3.5 hrs for me and I don't get off work in time to get there. I will have everyone in my thoughts and be keeping the most positive thoughts for things to move forward finally. Btw, I have not recieved a reply to my Rep David Lewis yet. He might be away for the weekend with his family!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina