Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 AM

24 posts, read 31,867 times

Advertisements

Have not posted recently but Im keeping up to date with post and continue to email and call concerning EB. Plan on going to Charlotte, also have contacted everyone I know in this situation with EB, Hopefully it will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 AM

264 posts, read 313,255 times
The problem with trying to rally support is people just dont have the resources to be present. As for communications of the forums or via social media, thats another lack of resources situation. Those that do go to represent the majority I plea that you will emphasize this while you have the attention of the media. Resources for this group are so miniscule and overall morale is being pushed to the brink as we try to keep up a strong front to our families and children. I struggle every day to try to find the silver lining.

If just a handful show and those that speak are well versed and provide a true face of the long term unemployed, that will do far more than a mass of angry unorganized folks.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:30 AM

187 posts, read 259,384 times
Very much agreed, people. The more that can make it the better, but organization and full, clear emphasis on the issue is far more outreaching than a multitude, just causing commotion and making noise. Emphasis on the subject is what matters.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:35 AM

40 posts, read 65,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtohelp View Post
Not many,Everyone is leaving it up to someone else to help. If you have 500 it will be a suprise. Just read your form the same people are writing all the time.

who are you?
you joined this site just to bash us?

mod,do you have a troll policy?

Old 05-15-2011, 11:48 AM

162 posts, read 213,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBolin View Post
who are you?
you joined this site just to bash us?

mod,do you have a troll policy?
Full TOS here https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html It will let you know all the rules for posting and we must abide by them to keep this thread open.
As for me making it to CLT, I used what I had for electric and gas for more job hunting Monday. I will be there in spirit. I pray and hope the rally will open the legislatures eyes enough to see what is happening to us.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:02 PM

For those of us that can't be there tomorrow but have the ability to follow coverage via the internet, does anyone know if there will be some streaming coverage or if it will be recorded? I for one would love to be able to follow it in real time so maybe I can tweet or post to FB my input and stories of families I know that dont have access to these resources to be heard.

I feel at times that my input might be overdone because there is so few of us in NC working social media sources. I'm now second-guessing myself as to how much I should voice my situation and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
Full TOS here https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html It will let you know all the rules for posting and we must abide by them to keep this thread open.
As for me making it to CLT, I used what I had for electric and gas for more job hunting Monday. I will be there in spirit. I pray and hope the rally will open the legislatures eyes enough to see what is happening to us.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:21 PM

187 posts, read 259,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
For those of us that can't be there tomorrow but have the ability to follow coverage via the internet, does anyone know if there will be some streaming coverage or if it will be recorded? I for one would love to be able to follow it in real time so maybe I can tweet or post to FB my input and stories of families I know that dont have access to these resources to be heard.

I feel at times that my input might be overdone because there is so few of us in NC working social media sources. I'm now second-guessing myself as to how much I should voice my situation and support.
The more you voice your support, the better my friend. You and a whole bunch of others here are doing a great job and should be proud of themselves. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off at the end.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:39 PM

162 posts, read 193,595 times
I just emailed Perdue again asked her why she wouldn't go to the house and try to work out a solution instead of each side blaming the other. The people of NC don't care Republican or Democrat they just want the people they elected and placed their trust in to remedy this.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:54 PM

A little while ago, I emailed President Obama requesting his assistance and support. In case anyone here is willing to email and is at a loss of words, this is the contact info: www.whitehouse.gov and here is my letter:

Mr. President, please help the long term unemployed of North Carolina in their dire economic situation. Many of us do not have the resources to be heard by our legislators and those that do feel Governor Perdue and the NCGOP are sacrificing these constituents, people that voted for them to represent us.

There are a great many long term unemployed (99ers) that are hungry and/or without electricity and lack the resources now to seek employment where the extended benefits could help bridge the gap. Our children and elderly family members are the ones that are suffering the most.

At your earliest convenience, please, consider the plight of these North Carolinians and urge our Governor and Representatives to take immediate action to get federal extended unemployment benefits to these families.

Last edited by soleprovider51; 05-15-2011 at 01:31 PM..

Old 05-15-2011, 01:01 PM

40 posts, read 65,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
I'd suggest that tryingtohelp reads that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina