Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 09:37 AM

122 posts, read 161,228 times

Advertisements

I have said on this board sine the beginning of April, NOTHING will happen on the until July 1 or very close to it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 09:38 AM

169 posts, read 314,854 times
Default I think so too

I think Charlotte on Monday will be a big deal too.

It is so close to the when legislators are adjourning these budget debates(early June). It will provide the gov or the GOP to look like the hero and swing a large vote their way. The 29 jobs that Gov Purdue "created" won't win her too many points.

Who knows what these people are really thinking? What is going on behind the scenes could be so different than what we perceive.

They are waiting to last minute that is for sure.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:42 AM

Default The amazing Kreskin of politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
I have said on this board sine the beginning of April, NOTHING will happen on the until July 1 or very close to it!!!
You should be a political analyst for CNN...you political predictions are on the same level as Nostradamus.

All kidding aside, you have been saying just that. You were right. The state government are truly the ruthless a**holes that you thought they were going to be. I had more faith in our state's government, I thought this would have been solved 1 week after April 16th.

Now I know better I guess.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
You should be a political analyst for CNN...you political predictions are on the same level as Nostradamus.

All kidding aside, you have been saying just that. You were right. The state government are truly the ruthless a**holes that you thought they were going to be. I had more faith in our state's government, I thought this would have been solved 1 week after April 16th.

Now I know better I guess.
I have work for the NC State Government and I know how ruthless that are!

Old 05-14-2011, 09:53 AM

191 posts, read 218,386 times
I think something will be done within the next two weeks. They do know that people will lose even more if left until July. These people might be cruel but they are not stupid. They realize the votes of the people affected include their friends and families which amount to wayyy more than 37 thousand. I think the GOP is waiting long enough to look like they took the higher road and want to be seen as saviors.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
I think something will be done within the next two weeks. They do know that people will lose even more if left until July. These people might be cruel but they are not stupid. They realize the votes of the people affected include their friends and families which amount to wayyy more than 37 thousand. I think the GOP is waiting long enough to look like they took the higher road and want to be seen as saviors.
LOL you think they are not stupid because you have not worked with them!

Please don't count on any moneys before the 2nd or 3rd week in July.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:56 AM

191 posts, read 218,386 times
Quote:

Just trying to be as optimistic as possible.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:34 AM

162 posts, read 212,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post

They are not cruel or stupid. They just don't care about less than 1% of the state population. 1% is not enough to vote anybody out so they think why bother. Rep. Setzer emailed me back and asked for my phone number. I had to send back don't have one couldn't pay the bill. Have not heard back yet. Another repub gave my name and email to DHHS so I will have food for my tent. Just pass the damn bill so my hair will stop turning grey.

Last edited by NCEB; 05-14-2011 at 11:59 AM..

Old 05-14-2011, 12:35 PM

58 posts, read 62,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
They are not cruel or stupid. They just don't care about less than 1% of the state population. 1% is not enough to vote anybody out so they think why bother. Rep. Setzer emailed me back and asked for my phone number. I had to send back don't have one couldn't pay the bill. Have not heard back yet. Another repub gave my name and email to DHHS so I will have food for my tent. Just pass the damn bill so my hair will stop turning grey.
Don't forget that with each passing week more and more people fall off Tier 4. After a month it has got to be much more. And it can make the difference if these are the people motivated to vote. It has to be more than 1% of the voting population.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:38 PM

Default This might be an overshot

Quote:

The 2nd or 3rd week of July, no....the budget situation will be settled by then, much sooner.

As I said before, state government shutdowns are extremely rare in the history of our country. The representatives are able to settle it way before that happens.

Eb is tied to the budget. I believe One of two things are going to happen:

1. the EB will be untied from the budget and pass through on some back-door type emergency measure(umm highly unlikely)...that would take some leadership and adult behavior

2.The budget issue will conclude in may or early June. EB solution will follow.

** although who can truly tell at this point. It has been a circus. The reps on both sides have been blowing smoke up people's a** and dangling carrots for weeks. I am no authority, just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina