Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 02:35 PM

264 posts, read 364,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
Why don't you send some emails to Perdue and ask her what her solution is. I wasn't elected and put into power to put a solution into place.

I'm busy trying to do what I have the power to do right now. I suggest you do the same. We are all out for the same result here. Let's work together and make this happen.
Three times I've asked you a direct question and you're as evasive as the politicians you criticize.

Perdue's solution, by the way, is a clean, stand alone bill. I haven't given up on that happening. It all depends on media saturation about the issue.

I'm absolutely willing to work together to make that happen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 02:37 PM

108 posts, read 160,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
We were on a roll here working for the cause. Let's not get sidetracked, please. I'm contacting everyone I can think of to help. Let's keep the momentum. I know I'm new here but let me tell you when I believe in something I'm a force to be reckoned with.
Agreed. abcde needs to tone down the partisan commentary a bit. It's not doing the situation any good and will only lead to the thread being locked again.

abcde I like your passion on this issue, but it would be better if you toned down the rhetoric a bit.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:41 PM

249 posts, read 305,321 times
Default No sidetracking here...

Quote:
We were on a roll here working for the cause. Let's not get sidetracked, please. I'm contacting everyone I can think of to help. Let's keep the momentum. I know I'm new here but let me tell you when I believe in something I'm a force to be reckoned with.
You go, Soleprovider51 ! I'm with you. FOCUS on the cause!

Old 05-09-2011, 02:44 PM

264 posts, read 313,391 times
I'm going to redirect a bit... Does anyone have a comprehensive roster with email, fax, phone numbers of those with need to push on the legislation side as well as a list of press contacts? Let's get organized and focused.

It wouldnt take me long to pull together something if its not in place but no sense in re-inventing the wheel here. I actually supported campaigns for local reps during last election and have an excel spread sheet of voters in my area that I am not above going to and calling asking them to support and voice their opinion.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:48 PM

244 posts, read 311,769 times
Quote:
I'm going to redirect a bit... Does anyone have a comprehensive roster with email, fax, phone numbers of those with need to push on the legislation side ...

NC House Members Telephones and Emails

North Carolina General Assembly - House Telephone and Office Assignments (2011-2012 Session)

Old 05-09-2011, 02:54 PM

187 posts, read 259,482 times
Please, people, lets stay focused on the EB issue. Any news updates on EB are greatly appreciated. The General Assembly is in session this afternoon, and hopefully this week, we will see some action on the restoration of our benefits.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:54 PM

162 posts, read 213,260 times
Quote:
I'm going to redirect a bit... Does anyone have a comprehensive roster with email, fax, phone numbers of those with need to push on the legislation side as well as a list of press contacts? Let's get organized and focused.

It wouldnt take me long to pull together something if its not in place but no sense in re-inventing the wheel here. I actually supported campaigns for local reps during last election and have an excel spread sheet of voters in my area that I am not above going to and calling asking them to support and voice their opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post

And here also. https://www.city-data.com/forum/19035472-post5837.html

Senate listing here North Carolina General Assembly - Senate Telephone and Office Assignments (2011-2012 Session)

Last edited by NCEB; 05-09-2011 at 03:02 PM..

Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 PM

Great, laidoffafter50. Anyone else got some contacts avail to them at their fingertips?

Time is money and we got more time than we got money right now. We can be proactive here folks. No one here is wanting a free ride. We just need a lift to our next stop. Hell- a road map would be handy but that may be asking too much of our representatives seeing how they respond to their constituents. I don't see anyone here wanting a handout- just a hand. Let's get agressive folks but not with each other.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:02 PM

Sending faxes via pc- I know how. Anyone else here know how? Anyone else here have magicjack besides me or know how to make phone calls via net w/o disclosing personal info if wish not to disclose? We are going to have to lobby for ourselves folks. What you wanna bet lobbyists are behind the drug screening bill (which I have no problem with) but I'm willing to bet the state will be looking to contract out this service and what you wanna bet the contractor have giving big $ in support of specific reps that are pushing the bill through. Let's think strategically here- get on the offensive not defensive.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM

264 posts, read 364,372 times
Quote:
Sending faxes via pc- I know how. Anyone else here know how? Anyone else here have magicjack besides me or know how to make phone calls via net w/o disclosing personal info if wish not to disclose? We are going to have to lobby for ourselves folks. What you wanna bet lobbyists are behind the drug screening bill (which I have no problem with) but I'm willing to bet the state will be looking to contract out this service and what you wanna bet the contractor have giving big $ in support of specific reps that are pushing the bill through. Let's think strategically here- get on the offensive not defensive.
I sense great organizational ability here! You are a great asset to the cause!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina