Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 05:47 PM

55 posts, read 66,440 times

Advertisements

If everyone goes "well" will i get back pay from the april 16th?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 PM

169 posts, read 315,590 times
Default No one really knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoize View Post
If everyone goes "well" will i get back pay from the april 16th?
I have called Raleigh ESC, I have called Asheville ESC, and I have asked each representative's intern I have called.

To be truthful, no one knows how the reinstatement is going to be implemented. Raleigh flat out told me that they know as much as I do. Asheville ESC said most likely.

Keep filing and doing your work searches was their mutual suggestion. I wish I had more info.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 PM

16 posts, read 18,091 times
Red face Get the democrats to override Purdue's veto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
Thats all well and good, its not that I don't believe this person.

However, I have never talked to anyone from Berger's office that even mildly nice. In fact, each time I called(probably 25 times by now) I spoke to a cranky old Republican woman. She tried to get me to "get the democrats to override Purdue's veto". She thought she was speaking to someone that was uneducated, and she talked down to me like I was a child. I gave up calling because it was always the same scripted answer. That's interesting someone got a call back?!

I hope thats true. "It will be over soon", etc. Thanks for some positive info
===

At this point since neither side will budge - with the Republicans dug in and the governor refusing to compromise wouldn't it be a good idea for the 5 or so Democrats to override this veto and be done with it?

If the Democrats thought out of the box on this issue maybe we can get the EB benefits rolling again! [/i][/i][/i]

Old 05-18-2011, 05:55 PM

244 posts, read 312,018 times
Smoke, but no fire on benefits standoff :: WRAL.com

Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 PM

55 posts, read 66,440 times
ouch......

Old 05-18-2011, 06:22 PM

Default Out of Order

Late this afternoon, Nesbitt tried to add the benefits extension as an amendment to the state health plan fix. But Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton, who presides over the Senate, reluctrantly ruled Nesbitt’s amendment out of order because it didn’t relate to the substance of the bill.

Out of order....was it in order when the republicans attached an unrelated federally funded EB bill H676 to a state budget H383?

How long will this go on?

Old 05-18-2011, 06:28 PM

230 posts, read 276,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contemporarydeco View Post
===

At this point since neither side will budge - with the Republicans dug in and the governor refusing to compromise wouldn't it be a good idea for the 5 or so Democrats to override this veto and be done with it?

If the Democrats thought out of the box on this issue maybe we can get the EB benefits rolling again! [/i][/i][/i]
Problem is that by overriding the veto they are cutting off one limb to save another, not really a wise decisions when there are other ways to save the limb. I dont like perdue, but I do not completely blame her for this situation, in fact it is only a little bit of blame that she herself is not keeping this on the front burner.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:32 PM

174 posts, read 315,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
For those who said they won't lose many votes over this, I disagree. I know quite a few people on UE ,who have always been hardcore Republican, that have actually changed their affiliation to independent. I know a lot of Republicans who have not lost their jobs and are disgusted by this as well. It is funny how they stand on their "high moral ground" and use religion when it suits them. HYPOCRITES!!!!!! I TELL YA.
I know two rrepublicans on UI now and still VOTED for BURR in the senate race even though he voted against the federal extension every single time including the times that the rest of the GOP switched. They honestly believe that 26 weeks is enough and if it's not we all should've had millions saved. These are the people that put BURR, Berger and Tillis in the office. These are the people they represent. They are going to pass it but only for their selfish reasons not for us. I'm seriously thinking about going Independent myself.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:40 PM

191 posts, read 218,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
I know two rrepublicans on UI now and still VOTED for BURR in the senate race even though he voted against the federal extension every single time including the times that the rest of the GOP switched. They honestly believe that 26 weeks is enough and if it's not we all should've had millions saved. These are the people that put BURR, Berger and Tillis in the office. These are the people they represent. They are going to pass it but only for their selfish reasons not for us. I'm seriously thinking about going Independent myself.
I used to think I was on the conservative side of things years ago. The more I paid attention to politics, the more I swayed away from that. I am Independent now because anyone with half a brain can see what the GOP is doing to this country. They want to set us back to the 40s and 50s. It makes me sad to read some of the comments on a lot of these articles made by the right wing "extremists". There seems to be a serious lack of compassion for our fellow man in today's world.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:59 PM

Default Message of hope

So, I really think today was THE turning point for the EB extension issue.

1. We have representatives who are dedicating themselves to this cause, and will bu no circumstances let the issue die.

2. The media is ripping the state gov a new one. When Mr. Smith, the unemployed man who was at Nesbitt's conference spoke, he drove the nail into the board. Families suffering at the expense of Republican stubbornness is something no one can ignore.

3. The facebook site is gaining momentum everyday, and has acquired a following that is as proactive as this forum.

4. Their has been some confirmed feedback from the facebook site from people who have spoken to representatives that resolution is imminent, and retro pay will be awarded.

What does everyone think? Too positive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina