Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 08:06 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk0782 View Post
Hi, I went into the unemployment office today and spoke with a counsler i guess you can call them, about my unemployment benefits. My benefits became exhausted about a month ago. I have gone through all four tiers and the status says "benefits exhaused". I continued to file, in the hopes I would receive payment. No payment has been made to my account. The guy I spoke to saw the past 6 weeks that I have filed, got me to fill out 6 weeks of paper forms and said that he has started the process of the state benefits. He said that he could not promise anything, but didnt see anything that would hold up receiving my benefits. He told me to check back on Wendsday and the money should be in my account.

But when I logged onto my account tonight, the status has not gone back to "active"..still says "benefits exhausted". Does anyone know or have any idea what exactly is going on with my claim. Do you think that I will be approved for the state benefits and the money will become avaliable in my account on Wendsday?
Hi!
Well your starting EB (before) the Nov 27th deadline, so they should get you going within the week.
I've been on EB for awhile now and the "Benefits Exhausted" message has stayed on my claim status this whole time., it also read benefits exhausted while I collected EB in yr.1
At the bottom it also says the date I started EB and the weekly amt. ect.....
I really wouldn't worry about it reading benefits exhausted., it's posted that way for many of us actively on EB.
However, I would CALL first thing Wed morning if your money isn't in your account OR doesn't show a pymt. being activated on your benefits page at the esc site .

Goodluck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 12:01 AM

14 posts, read 30,618 times
My Benefit year ended in October. I was told i'd need to file a new benefit year. I did this and have been told I am disqualified because of the seasonal jobs I took...I was told I havent earned enough. This confused me because I thought my original umemployment could be extended/renewed Can anyone shed some light on this?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:58 AM

330 posts, read 461,151 times
today my status is Benefits Exhausted. since i THINK we'd have one more week to file for before the dead line, that being this week that we're in, i hope this means i've only ended a Tier, and that EB can be started.

Am79,
was that your first benefit year that ended in October?
if you didnt qualify for a 2nd year because you didnt satisfy the 1.5x rule or the 6x rule, then it seems like theyd pick up where you left off in Year 1.
of course, we're dealing with the EUC Tiers ending in the next few days.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:48 AM

44 posts, read 63,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am79 View Post
My Benefit year ended in October. I was told i'd need to file a new benefit year. I did this and have been told I am disqualified because of the seasonal jobs I took...I was told I havent earned enough. This confused me because I thought my original umemployment could be extended/renewed Can anyone shed some light on this?
The disqualified thing scared/confused me as well. From what I understand, all it indicates is that for the new benefit year you won't get an adjustment in EUC due to earnings. Instead, you'll continue on in the "old" EUC that you were on. I was 4 weeks into Tier 2 (although it looks like the ESC is showing I was 5 weeks in - how do I check that as the history is gone now that I'm in year two), so I've continued on with that.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:56 PM

Thank you for your replies. This is all so confusing. When I refiled my claim I wasnt sure what employer to pick (The seasonal ones or my original job) So I picked the original job. I was told this was wrong. Anyway this is all very confusing. I don't know if I should just give up or keep attempting to file.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:33 PM

330 posts, read 461,151 times
what you should do is speak to someone, hopefully in person, and hopefully a rep who listens, at your local ESC office. and keep trying til you get someone you like.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,624 times
Hi all..I did check my status on the esc website today, and my stautus has changed from "benefis exhausted" to "regual active claim". States that I am eligible for EB and it started on Nov. 21 in the wkly amount of $269 + the Xtra $25 a week from Obama. So, that is a good sign! Now my question is: Since I had fileded my weekly certification for the past 6 weeks, will I be credited with the 6 weeks I filed..so would my payment be $269 + $25 Xs 6 equalling I think $1,744. Will my account be credited the enitre $1,744 for the 6 weeks I filed and did not receive benefits, or will I not be credited with those 6 weeks and start receiving my $294 again on Monday when I file on Sunday?

Basically, just wanting to know if my account balance will include the 6 weeks I filed for or not?

Also, does anyone know how long the state EB benefits last..how many weeks? Says my claim is active and my EB started on Nov. 21..any ideas?

Old 11-23-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
what you should do is speak to someone, hopefully in person, and hopefully a rep who listens, at your local ESC office. and keep trying til you get someone you like.
I did. I spoke to someone at my local office. She finnaly said since I filed online I should call the 800 number.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:12 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk0782 View Post
Hi all..I did check my status on the esc website today, and my stautus has changed from "benefis exhausted" to "regual active claim". States that I am eligible for EB and it started on Nov. 21 in the wkly amount of $269 + the Xtra $25 a week from Obama. So, that is a good sign! Now my question is: Since I had fileded my weekly certification for the past 6 weeks, will I be credited with the 6 weeks I filed..so would my payment be $269 + $25 Xs 6 equalling I think $1,744. Will my account be credited the enitre $1,744 for the 6 weeks I filed and did not receive benefits, or will I not be credited with those 6 weeks and start receiving my $294 again on Monday when I file on Sunday?

Basically, just wanting to know if my account balance will include the 6 weeks I filed for or not?

Also, does anyone know how long the state EB benefits last..how many weeks? Says my claim is active and my EB started on Nov. 21..any ideas?
Great!
Back , not so very long ago, ESC would've credited you the 6 weeks all at once.
However and a HUGE however they may just start paying you a week a time starting this coming week...(?) The rules are different
with EB(state money), so I'm not really certain what they'll do in your case.
That's something you'll have to ask a rep.
Your EB amt. will be 80% of your original UI. So if you originally recieved 26 weeks (the max) UI, then you'll get 20 weeks of EB , or you'll recieve it until your benefit year ending date.
(as long as our state is triggered on)
My claim profile still says benefits exhausted as I collect my weekly EB (lol) Doesn't really bother me as long as I get it, but it's strange seeing it posted like that week after week and I recieve EB pymt's

Old 11-25-2010, 02:20 AM

39 posts, read 73,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelp View Post
The disqualified thing scared/confused me as well. From what I understand, all it indicates is that for the new benefit year you won't get an adjustment in EUC due to earnings. Instead, you'll continue on in the "old" EUC that you were on. I was 4 weeks into Tier 2 (although it looks like the ESC is showing I was 5 weeks in - how do I check that as the history is gone now that I'm in year two), so I've continued on with that.
nothing regarding EUC matters. it is an expired program.

trust me that on Dec 1st after the deadline, EUC will be GONE. That money will VANISH so quick Moderator cut: flaming

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-27-2010 at 05:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina