Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 09:26 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
from jdljr shortly before he signed off, and after he told us about the Incident:

"It would be my guess that if the 2nd benefit year is reversed, then whatever should have happened before that would then happen, including a pullforward of any unused EUC or EB. Reminder, though, EB still can't be collected if there is a disqualification in the year that the EB is based off of.

As as you've eluded to, EB couldn't be pulled forward into a 2nd benefit year if someone had received regular UI in that 2nd benefit year. So I have sometimes told folks that NOT meeting the 6x rule was not necessarily a BAD thing, because if they had the new benefit year set up for them and collected regular UI they couldn't get their unused EB for which they may have qualified on the previous benefit year...whereas if they did not meet the 6x and qualify for the new, regular UI in the 2nd benefit year, they could still have their EB pulled forward. And sometimes it was more beneficial to folks not to meet the 6x rule, because their new weekly benefit amount in the 2nd benefit year was less than their previous benefit year. So getting the unused extensions, including EB, from the previous benefit year at the higher weekly benefit amount was better for them."
Glad you posted that and (((THANKS)))
I'm supposing that since they sent us back to year one and sent out the letters saying all benefits recieved were a mistake and put us where we belong accordingly.... then I just collected tier 4 and should(?) move into my EB as the rep told me would happen.
I guess I get very concerned that something is on the edge of happening with the Nov deadline date and then the Rep. mentioned something about many not getting EB to IredellLori, so it has me in a whirl.
I'm going to try to find out tomorrow.
I'll probably have anxieties all weekend if I try to wait til Sunday(ha)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 09:35 PM

330 posts, read 461,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Glad you posted that and (((THANKS)))
I'm supposing that since they sent us back to year one and sent out the letters saying all benefits recieved were a mistake and put us where we belong accordingly.... then I just collected tier 4 and should(?) move into my EB as the rep told me would happen.
I guess I get very concerned that something is on the edge of happening with the Nov deadline date and then the Rep. mentioned something about many not getting EB to IredellLori, so it has me in a whirl.
I'm going to try to find out tomorrow.
I'll probably have anxieties all weekend if I try to wait til Sunday(ha)
well, i'm not 100% sure there isnt still some stumbling block, but i cant find one on this thread at least.

i am not quite as far along the timeline because i worked some in Year 1 and my EB may not kick in til after Nov 27th. so i'm concerned.

incidentally, we are 140 pages A.J. (after jdljr)

looking back, i see him mention they got new staff computers in his office. the recent NC investigation into the IT problems has revealed that the mainframe dates back to the late 1970s.
no, that is not a misprint. the 1970s.
35 years ago. are we talking punch cards?? wow.

and a new story out that the ESC will receive $200+million in stimulus money. it can use it for benefits, or for a new system. NC is in talks with SC, GA and TN to make a 4-state system.
NC is taking until August of 2011 to decide what to do with the money.
hm.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:11 PM

193 posts, read 285,931 times
Yeah but just because they received new computers does not mean they received new software. I have worked with 30 something yr old AS400 looking software on Vista. It makes life HORRIBLE. Hopefully, they will get what they need and maybe have 28 million to pay back the government for their "computer error"

Old 11-03-2010, 11:24 PM

And by California standards, you will get your FED-ED(EB) benefits after the Nov. deadline. The deadline is for the Tiers. I am guessing when you apply for UI, you either get 13 or 26 weeks. Once that is over, if you qualify, you would get Tier 1(EUC 08). If you are not in that Tier or ANY tier, other than EB, then you will not collect beyond the 13 or 26 threshold, unless going into EB. Correct?

See.. That is another thing on my plate. I gotta make sure Cali is triggered on EB because if they trigger off of it, then I am screwed.

And thanks KC! It happens. He is fine. There is just a lot on our plate. GRRR!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
well, i'm not 100% sure there isnt still some stumbling block, but i cant find one on this thread at least.

i am not quite as far along the timeline because i worked some in Year 1 and my EB may not kick in til after Nov 27th. so i'm concerned.

incidentally, we are 140 pages A.J. (after jdljr)

looking back, i see him mention they got new staff computers in his office. the recent NC investigation into the IT problems has revealed that the mainframe dates back to the late 1970s.
no, that is not a misprint. the 1970s.
35 years ago. are we talking punch cards?? wow.

and a new story out that the ESC will receive $200+million in stimulus money. it can use it for benefits, or for a new system. NC is in talks with SC, GA and TN to make a 4-state system.
NC is taking until August of 2011 to decide what to do with the money.
hm.
Most likely it will be for a new system... or at least it would seem that way.
The 1970's???? Can you imagine, that's beyond mindboggeling!
I was in HS in the 70's, lol!

I did talk to a service center rep 30 min ago.
She verified what he rep. told me 3 weeks ago... that I have x amt of dollars for EB in on my claim and certify as usual.
She was very rushed, however I'd love to find out how the deadline will effect EB.
I'll probably get a review letter in the mail before the deadline... seems they waste no time with that.
I'll be asking alot of questions when I go in.

Love the (AJ) "After Jdljr", I suppose (DJ) would be "During jdljr's" time here

Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
And by California standards, you will get your FED-ED(EB) benefits after the Nov. deadline. The deadline is for the Tiers. I am guessing when you apply for UI, you either get 13 or 26 weeks. Once that is over, if you qualify, you would get Tier 1(EUC 08). If you are not in that Tier or ANY tier, other than EB, then you will not collect beyond the 13 or 26 threshold, unless going into EB. Correct?

See.. That is another thing on my plate. I gotta make sure Cali is triggered on EB because if they trigger off of it, then I am screwed.

And thanks KC! It happens. He is fine. There is just a lot on our plate. GRRR!
How long do yo have until you move back to NC?

Well I'm fairly certain that after they trigger off you still can collect for 2 weeks.. not a HUGE comfort, but better than cold turkey

Old 11-04-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
How long do yo have until you move back to NC?

Well I'm fairly certain that after they trigger off you still can collect for 2 weeks.. not a HUGE comfort, but better than cold turkey
TRUE!

We met with the VA guy yesterday and filled out the application. He turned in all his gear and his paperwork is being sent to DC now. Respectively, he'll have 2 months left, if all goes well. Whenever his paperwork gets sent back from DC, I'm packing the kids up and leaving. We have a 1 and 3 yr old. I rather drive back to NC with them, leave them with gma and gpa and fly back to help him pack everything and drive the uhaul to NC. He has no patience to drive that far. lol. I'm a truckers daughter so it's in my blood. lol. I love to drive. Even then, we can only advance so much money from the military to help us out. And when we finally get to NC, it'll take 2 months to get the rest for travel.

It's just been a big mess. If I had already left, then he would have never found a diagnosis (it was on his records but his SD overlooked it.) PLUS my 1 yr old has an appt at Loma Linda on the 12th with a craniofacial team. They think his brain is too big for his head. It'll be his first appt. I haven't told anyone but my hubby and a close friend because everytime I think about it, I cry.

Can I scream now? I'm 26 going on 50 I swear. BUT God would not have put all this on my plate if I couldn't handle it. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:23 PM

OH and no money OR call today as well. Hmmm...

Old 11-04-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
TRUE!

We met with the VA guy yesterday and filled out the application. He turned in all his gear and his paperwork is being sent to DC now. Respectively, he'll have 2 months left, if all goes well. Whenever his paperwork gets sent back from DC, I'm packing the kids up and leaving. We have a 1 and 3 yr old. I rather drive back to NC with them, leave them with gma and gpa and fly back to help him pack everything and drive the uhaul to NC. He has no patience to drive that far. lol. I'm a truckers daughter so it's in my blood. lol. I love to drive. Even then, we can only advance so much money from the military to help us out. And when we finally get to NC, it'll take 2 months to get the rest for travel.

It's just been a big mess. If I had already left, then he would have never found a diagnosis (it was on his records but his SD overlooked it.) PLUS my 1 yr old has an appt at Loma Linda on the 12th with a craniofacial team. They think his brain is too big for his head. It'll be his first appt. I haven't told anyone but my hubby and a close friend because everytime I think about it, I cry.

Can I scream now? I'm 26 going on 50 I swear. BUT God would not have put all this on my plate if I couldn't handle it. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!
Ha> seems like i was just 26 yesterday and now I'm in my less than fabulous "50's".... these past 2 years have aged me beyond belief!
Wow, I'd say your plate is definately overflowing.
I'm so sorry for all your going through.
I'm a praying woman, so I'll pray for you and your family
Sounds like your a strong woman with a game plan

Let's hope that all stays on track for our benefits as the deadline approaches, you'll need every bit of that to keep you guys going and getting you back (home)
Goodluck with your sons visit.
You can message me anytime you need to talk.
I've been in nursing for years now., hoping to transition to the desk end of things after my classes are finished at the end of the month.
If I can make it til Jan, I have a good job prospect at the VA hosp

Old 11-04-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
OH and no money OR call today as well. Hmmm...
hmmmm.... sickening but NOT surprising..ugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina