Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 08:52 AM

330 posts, read 461,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU_madman View Post
called yesterday (on Sunday- figured most people would not know about the extended open hours) on hold for about 30 minutes. The guy that answered the phone was nice, and sounded knowledgeable. He explained the situation (how computer glitch caused me not to rollover from regular UI to federal extensions, thus causing an overpayment). He said I should have been receiving $494 (not 505) and that my benefits should have exhausted August 7th. He cited me not meeting the requirements (ie not working in 2009).

So bottom line, I have exhausted my benefits, and received 6 actual overpayments at $505 + the $11 i was receiving for most of 2010. He told me to file for overpayment and that each case would be handled in which it was received and individually reviewed. (they can't just waive everyone b/c he mentioned there maybe some fraud involved). Could not provide a timeline. I was expecting my checks to continue to mid Nov.....Although I was able to file last week (9-26) I never received a payment (not even half).
nice and knowledgeable? i wonder if you talked to jdljr.

so you are out of benefits? oh, man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 AM

407 posts, read 661,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I'm about to give them a call just to see where the heck I am (I would ASSume I'm back in Tier 4), what happened to my payment for last week...and how many benefits do I have available to me going forward.

If they tell me to call back again later or say, "I dunno"...I'm going to bite someone violently.

But my payment for this week is being processed, so that's good.

Hey CA...what number are you calling...remote services?
yes calling remote services
be sure to ask them how much funds u have
as ive spoken to several who r in the boat as me
and it appears they are adding back those 13 weeks into the EB im allready in

Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU_madman View Post
called yesterday (on Sunday- figured most people would not know about the extended open hours) on hold for about 30 minutes. The guy that answered the phone was nice, and sounded knowledgeable. He explained the situation (how computer glitch caused me not to rollover from regular UI to federal extensions, thus causing an overpayment). He said I should have been receiving $494 (not 505) and that my benefits should have exhausted August 7th. He cited me not meeting the requirements (ie not working in 2009).

So bottom line, I have exhausted my benefits, and received 6 actual overpayments at $505 + the $11 i was receiving for most of 2010. He told me to file for overpayment and that each case would be handled in which it was received and individually reviewed. (they can't just waive everyone b/c he mentioned there maybe some fraud involved). Could not provide a timeline. I was expecting my checks to continue to mid Nov.....Although I was able to file last week (9-26) I never received a payment (not even half).
to be honest, i dont understand that
are you saying u were in tier 3 before this happened? and u have now exhausted all of that and tier 4?
if so, ask them to MANUALLY open an EB claim which should give u something at least

Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
nice and knowledgeable? i wonder if you talked to jdljr.

so you are out of benefits? oh, man.
i was told unofficially that they r doing overpayment waivers all the time
for instance they called me with questions on mine sat, and then it was hopefully being approved in a few days, so i was told they HOPE to have them done this week

Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 AM

i was also told that while YES they do have to review each claim, its just a cursory review. a quick look over and doing the math to be sure that there are no errors or false claims.... but again 99.99% of them are NOT and its a quick review designed to speed it up

Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 AM

And let me clarify, i have NO inside info, im just posting what im being told and whats happening with me
RIGHT NOW i show about 25.6 % weeks of EB left (the 13 i should have had, and now the 13 weeks they took from me being credited back)
its ENTIRELY possible that they might readjust me again, taking AWAY my eb weeks alltogether (since i wouldnt have gotten them if that 2nd year was still showing as active) and then id be back to having less than 6 weeks of benefits left
its my understanding that they are not goint to do that
but then again who knows
the rules seem to change from day to day with the esc

Old 10-04-2010, 09:16 AM

776 posts, read 1,685,020 times
Wow...I got thru on the 46th try! That's got to be a record! (it was like 250 tries during the EUC extension mess over the summer)

I'm on hold...hopefully for not too long.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:17 AM

ACTUALLY i called one day last week and it went RIGHT THROUGH FIRST TRY, and I was only on hold about 40 seconds! BIZARRE!

Old 10-04-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
And let me clarify, i have NO inside info, im just posting what im being told and whats happening with me
RIGHT NOW i show about 25.6 % weeks of EB left (the 13 i should have had, and now the 13 weeks they took from me being credited back)
its ENTIRELY possible that they might readjust me again, taking AWAY my eb weeks alltogether (since i wouldnt have gotten them if that 2nd year was still showing as active) and then id be back to having less than 6 weeks of benefits left
its my understanding that they are not goint to do that
but then again who knows
the rules seem to change from day to day with the esc
You and I seem to be in a similar spot...so if they tell me the same thing, then it might be further indication that that's what they're doing.

And if they tell me something entirely different...than who knows?

But I'll let you all know once I hang up.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:36 AM

Oh for eff's sake. They hung up on me.

I was on hold for 15 mins, it then rang, then CLICK!

Ooo...but I got thru on the second ring! Wow...now I'm back on hold. And now I have to pee...and I KNOW they're going to pick up while I'm in mid-pee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina