Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 12:35 PM

46 posts, read 70,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Jeez...I would hope you can be clear on this. Nothing worse than assuming you weren't supposed to show (or if something went wrong when you submitted those answers online), then let Oct 8th pass, and they decide to strip you of your benefits because you didn't show on Oct 8th.

I've never seen that before...I've never gotten extra questions like that (though during my first year, I got the occasional set of like 5 more supplemental questions). Maybe that's something they're doing for EB? I didn't get that, buuuuut again, I have no idea if I'm actually on EB or Tier 4 at this point.
I think I will call and double check on this and get someone's name that gives me an answer.
Really? You've never had the extra questions? I get them every few months. I get the eligibility review hard copy in the mail then that week, the questions are online during my weekly cert. I have always answered them online and only had a mandatory in house review once this past August.
But you're right, with the recent situations, I am not going to assume. I'm going to find out to cover my butt.
I sure hope tomorrow brings a full payment or my electric is going off. It has to be paid by 5 pm Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 01:17 PM

407 posts, read 661,245 times
well again EVERYTHING is screwed up and unclear right now.. i was told saturday when Esc called Me, that i have the equivalent of 26 weeks of EB left now (because they credited me BACK the weeks they took for the overpayment) and that the way ESC is fixing it is by adding the weeks back into my EB---- which takes me to 26 weeks in a program that is designed to max out at 20.... which is illogical BUT seems to be how NC is doing this

Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 PM

330 posts, read 461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appstate1998 View Post
Hi- I have a question regarding my unemployment benefits. According to ncesc.com, my benefits were exhausted 3 weeks ago. Hoping I still had another level of benefits, I continued to file the each week. I was happy to see that I was still getting benefits each week.

But I'd like to know what my situation is. Is there additional benefits after Tier IV?

I've been on UB since 2/2009.

i'm curious about your earnings allowance being $380+. mine is like...$99.
does everyone here have something that different?
how is THAT determined?

Old 10-03-2010, 01:29 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I think I will call and double check on this and get someone's name that gives me an answer.
Really? You've never had the extra questions? I get them every few months. I get the eligibility review hard copy in the mail then that week, the questions are online during my weekly cert. I have always answered them online and only had a mandatory in house review once this past August.
But you're right, with the recent situations, I am not going to assume. I'm going to find out to cover my butt.
I sure hope tomorrow brings a full payment or my electric is going off. It has to be paid by 5 pm Monday.
I've had the extra supplemental questions occasionally when I certify online...but that's all I've had. And I haven't seen those questions at all in my second benefit year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11
well again EVERYTHING is screwed up and unclear right now.. i was told saturday when Esc called Me, that i have the equivalent of 26 weeks of EB left now (because they credited me BACK the weeks they took for the overpayment) and that the way ESC is fixing it is by adding the weeks back into my EB---- which takes me to 26 weeks in a program that is designed to max out at 20.... which is illogical BUT seems to be how NC is doing this
I tried calling today and couldn't get through. But I'll find out tomorrow if they tell me this as well...that could really give us a sense that this is how they're proceeding.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:39 PM

330 posts, read 461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I've had the extra supplemental questions occasionally when I certify online...but that's all I've had. And I haven't seen those questions at all in my second benefit year.

I tried calling today and couldn't get through. But I'll find out tomorrow if they tell me this as well...that could really give us a sense that this is how they're proceeding.
weird, i've had the questions too. hard copy in the mail, you can ignore it if you answer online.
what i HAVENT noticed was a date deadline, but its possible i just overlooked it.

filed online today as usual.
i havent seen any changes in my claim info this week.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:59 PM

18 posts, read 29,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I just did my weekly certification. I received the eligibility review extra questions but this seemed new to me how they added this:
One of the requirements for receiving benefits is the periodic review of your eligibility. You will satisfy this requirement simply by answering the "supplemental" questions on the pages which follow. If for any reason you do not submit this weekly certification online by completing the following pages, you must satisfy this requirement by reporting to your local Employment Security Commission office on Friday, October 08, 2010 at 11:00 AM to discuss your efforts to find work. You must bring your work search records. Failure to report for this interview may make you ineligible for further benefits. If you submit this weekly certification online, the requirement is satisfied and you should not report for the above interview. You must retain your work search records for possible future review.

If you have returned to work full-time, please contact your local Employment Security Commission office to report the name of your employer and the date you started work.

So that I'm clear on this.....I don't have to go there Oct 8th if I answered the extra questions just now? I want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

I hope tomorrow brings us all good news and not more anxiety.
I have seen many of these in the mail & then always online the same week. They always had a deadline and I answered when certifying for the week. No need to report.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM

46 posts, read 70,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
weird, i've had the questions too. hard copy in the mail, you can ignore it if you answer online.
what i HAVENT noticed was a date deadline, but its possible i just overlooked it.

filed online today as usual.
i havent seen any changes in my claim info this week.
I've seen the deadline date on the mailed hardcopy but never on the system message like that. Someone worked late this week to add that

Old 10-03-2010, 04:07 PM

20 posts, read 44,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
Glad to see this as I think you and I are right in the same spot. I haven't been able to talk to anyone as of yet but my page on NCESC no longer says benetis exhausted and know shows ebligible for EB.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:31 AM

16 posts, read 28,680 times
I see a full payment made today as EB, even though I also had a letter saying I qualify for tier 4.....oh well, I will take it I suppose.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:32 AM

407 posts, read 661,245 times
well Update--- my benefits payment history has ALLREADY processed the payment for this week, i was told saturday when ESC called me, that it would not be 100% b/c the $71 would still be taken out, BUTT it wasnt, and it WAS 100%, im glad for that part, BUT i need to call back to be sure im still where i was, benefits wise when they called saturday! it seems my AVAILABLE $$ changes day to day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina