Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 01:51 PM

407 posts, read 661,070 times

Advertisements

QUESTION? does your letter ACTUALLY SAY YOU SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN DRAWING THOSE WEEKS? or jsut say u were overpayed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 01:53 PM

330 posts, read 461,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
QUESTION? does your letter ACTUALLY SAY YOU SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN DRAWING THOSE WEEKS? or jsut say u were overpayed?
mine says overpayment. and gives the first(the starting) week and the ending week. and the total overpayment for that interval.
and it does it in 2 letters, splitting the weeks between March and August, for some unknown reason.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
You seem to be in a very similar situation as me. Had I not gotten those 13 weeks of regular UI...I would probably be at around the 4th, 5th, or 6th week of EB now. Today, I received an overpayment letter stating that I shouldn't have been drawing benefits for these last (coincidentally) 4-6 weeks and that I need to pay it back.

It's a possibility at least for me, that the agency removed those 13 weeks of regular UI and replaced them with the balance of first year EUC. They then realized that these last 4-6 weeks, I would've been drawing EB. But I hadn't been providing them with my work search records, as required for EB. So maybe they're trying to collect that back or have me prove that I was looking for work those weeks. I hope that's case and that would mean I'm still entitled to another, oh, 13 weeks of EB.
BUTTTT at teh same time
EB requires u to keep records
BUTTTTTT they dont check every record?
i cant imagine all 40,000 people who are affected would have to come in ALL AT ONCE with 6-13 weeks worth of records???? THATD BE A LOGISTICAL NIGHTMARE!!!!
maybe the letters were sent out after they ran the program which DETECTED WHO WAS OVERPAYED
BUT not before they SWITCHED OUT THOSE WEEKS for Tier and EB weeks?????

STILL MAKES NO SENSE as i really was overpaid like $3120 and it says i owe about $1500? WHAT A MESS???? IT DOESNT ADD UP NO MATTER WHAT!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
im lost. explain please. im in tier 3.... if its avail, ill go to tier 4 or i'll go to EB. around the 2nd week of nov.
OK,
you're collecting your tier 3 (not sure how many weeks you had), but if it ends the 2nd week of Nov. you will start to collect tier 4 until that is over with.
( 3 weeks being the min.- 6 weeks being the max)
Then if you qualify you should be able to get your EB until that ends or your year is up.
EB is state money, so if our state of NC is still triggered on it won't end when the EUC program is set to end Nov 27th.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
mine says overpayment. and gives the first(the starting) week and the ending week. and the total overpayment for that interval.
and it does it in 2 letters, splitting the weeks between March and August, for some unknown reason.
YES mine is like that too, a small amount here, a big amount here--- makes no sense how its broken down!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:57 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,867 times
Quote:
It says sort of both. It tells me I was overpaid for the weeks of this past month. But the first line says I was "receiving benefits to which I was not entitled."

The $1790.00 overpayment adds up to the entire amount for those weeks that say I was overpaid. So, they're basically insisting that for the last month, I shouldn't have been drawing unemployment...which leads me to think that...since those weeks are supposed to be EB and I obviously haven't been called in to prove that I was looking for work those weeks, that maybe that's why they want that money back. Which is ridiculous.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:58 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times
Quote:
YES
doubt that the senate will extend again (since the republicans will most likely take control!) IF they do itll be short term with unused simulus funds

AGAIN someone posted the link from NC ESC site where it LOOKS like they are SUPPOSED to NOT deduct weekly amounts< BUT switch the wrongly paid EU weeks with EUC AND EB weeks? BUT the letter indicates teh opposite????
Yeah, that link was put on the page just yesterday morning!
It's very contadictory to what the letters say!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:59 PM

WELLLLLL if that is the case-- im confused? since EVERYONE who is on EB doesnt have to show those papers do theY???? I thought u had to KEEP them and they can ask to see them randomly or via a letter in the mail,
DONT U AUTOMATICALLY FILE EB the same as u do EUC???

Old 09-25-2010, 02:02 PM

EB says this

You must keep a written record of your work search and present the written record to the Commission upon request.

if they havent REQUESTED the work search, HOW can they withold it if you have allready filed?

Old 09-25-2010, 02:03 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,867 times
Quote:
WELLLLLL if that is the case-- im confused? since EVERYONE who is on EB doesnt have to show those papers do theY???? I thought u had to KEEP them and they can ask to see them randomly or via a letter in the mail,
DONT U AUTOMATICALLY FILE EB the same as u do EUC???
Correct, but for EB, it's a requirement that you go down to the office and present them with your completed work search records each week in order to collect. That's just EB. They really should waive those weeks and not have all these people come down there...but who knows.

As far as I know and heard from this thread...it goes for everyone that collects EB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina