Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 03:51 PM

407 posts, read 661,185 times

Advertisements

well there are SOME who are going to get $$$ from the state instead of owing?
WHY? some people who qualified for a SECOND YEAR CLAIM got SUBSTANTIALLY lower weekly amounts....
if u were getting $300 a week and in YEAR 2, u only got $200 for 13 weeks
THEN suddenly the state owes u $1300 difference once they adjust those WRONGLY PAID year 2 weeks--- with TIER or EB weeks

so in that case--- YES u will see a big deposit all at once
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 PM

OF COURSE that means for example if u were in the middle of TIER 3 (or so u thought) and they ADJUST IT, now u have lost the rest of TIER 3 and all of TIER 4 to Offset the WRONG year 2 weeks!

some people will lose out, OTHERS like me (who wouldlnt have gotten EB--- but now do) will come out ahead

Old 09-25-2010, 03:55 PM

BUT AGAIN, thats what the website says---- BUT the letters say the state will deduct up to 50% from our weekly checks to pay it back

i would THINK that they wouldnt do that, as that makes NO SENSE and causes more problems
and SWAPPING OUT THE WEEKS does make sense

BUTTTT this is the NC ESC..look at the track record...

Old 09-25-2010, 03:56 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,178 times
I can only hope it means I'm now entitled to EB and now go from 6 weeks remaining to like 13 weeks remaining...I just got to put my job search records in their fancy format and do some hefty cleaning up.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:58 PM

WELL a few things. 1. DO U KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THE EB forms? is there a link? 2. its my understanding they dont have time to actually call those and verify, they just need something as proof, (because even if they DO call, will most people even remember talking to an applicant 4 weeks ago?) and
IF u got a YEAR 2 and they now take it away from you, u SHOULD be able to get EB
but its such a mess... it might be something they can fix on the phone (BUT with 40,000+ people most likely calling on monday to ask and complain?) or it might be something that takes weeks to fix...
like after the last extension when they were going to run AUTOMATIC Programs that fixed it... and didnt....

Old 09-25-2010, 04:01 PM

330 posts, read 461,110 times
the form is NCUI 506E.

i tell you one thing. i am NOT going in on Monday if i can avoid it. its going to be pandemonium, because 95% of the people have NO idea why this happened.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:05 PM

CORRECT! thats what i hate=== why cant they type up a letter or a post on the site that makes sense? i mean i think im bright and i am STILL Not 100% sure myself what will happen.

BUT since im at home, not working, ill call over and over til i get through!

Old 09-25-2010, 04:07 PM

JDL JR~ I know that u have been given a lot of BS lately, and its not fair! people are mad and have no one to lash out at, so they vent on you!

BUTTTTT i beg of you to come back for a few days! this is the time we need you most and your advice, input, ideas and even thoughts are such a help to so many of us!

Pretty please?

And if not, thanks for all you have done for us!

Old 09-25-2010, 04:09 PM

330 posts, read 461,110 times
i dont think anyone has bashed jdljr.
we're bashing "the system".

he has been great.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:11 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
WELL a few things. 1. DO U KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THE EB forms? is there a link? 2. its my understanding they dont have time to actually call those and verify, they just need something as proof, (because even if they DO call, will most people even remember talking to an applicant 4 weeks ago?) and
IF u got a YEAR 2 and they now take it away from you, u SHOULD be able to get EB
but its such a mess... it might be something they can fix on the phone (BUT with 40,000+ people most likely calling on monday to ask and complain?) or it might be something that takes weeks to fix...
like after the last extension when they were going to run AUTOMATIC Programs that fixed it... and didnt....
Yeah, as rlincoln pointed out, it's NCUI 506E and it's on the web site. From everything I recall jdljr saying, his office never really called companies to confirm if you've actually talked to them, but he could not speak for other offices. To be honest with you, if they call an HR rep and ask "Did you have a conversation with Joe Schmoe on August 16th?"...it's quite silly to assume they do that, especially when they've now got tens of thousands to follow up on now. But I have heard of people getting denied benefits for a given week because the records they submitted were not up to par and respect his decision to step away.

I tend to think jdljr left for various reasons, and rightfully so. The main reason of course, is well, he doesn't get paid for posting on this board and he has a life away from the NCESC. And with this latest hiccup from NCESC, things were bound to get quite messy in here and it may not put him in a particularly good spot, so I think that's a "part" of the reason why he's done here. We just have to be thankful to have had him here in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina