Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 06:22 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
those "claim has indefinite/ineligible" letters are the going back in time letters, to deny us all a 2nd year of benefits.

a 2nd letter that i have 11 weeks worth of...well, some unknown Tier of EUC, since it doesnt say Tier 2 3 or 4. it only says EUC. last time i saw that, it was Tier 1, but thats hard to believe.

and the EB letter. isnt a bit odd they are sending EB letters to people still in some phase of EUC Tiers? i dont remember them doing that last time.
yeah, I thought that was odd also. Why give me a monetary eligibility letter for EB when you just put me on tier 4 (dated sept 27th)and sent me letter and my amount ect...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 06:58 PM

8 posts, read 14,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
yeah, I thought that was odd also. Why give me a monetary eligibility letter for EB when you just put me on tier 4 (dated sept 27th)and sent me letter and my amount ect...........
Is everyone receiving letters to designate which tier you are entering? I have never received this from the ESC. I am keeping up with it on my own but never have I received an official statement of moving from one tier to another.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:02 PM

32 posts, read 48,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Did you get a payment this week though? We're hoping that the 4th letter doesn't cancel out the 2nd and 3rd that what it cancels out is the new year but you still get the tiers.
yeah i got a payment minus 50%. seems like the tiers the letter mentioned were for this 2nd yr and I went right into extended benefits.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1831 View Post
Is everyone receiving letters to designate which tier you are entering? I have never received this from the ESC. I am keeping up with it on my own but never have I received an official statement of moving from one tier to another.
I'm not certain.
I was surprised to get this today.
It's dated Sept 27th, so I'm assuming it's the correct one, since it does match what they last told me in Raleigh.
Also my pymt (minus)50% went through to my acc. today.

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 09-28-2010 at 08:02 PM..

Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1831 View Post
I did also recieve 6 letters all totalled,
2 op letters., one letter revised taking back my 2nd year UI ,one letter taking back the EUC from year 2 and the a letter qualifying me for EB in this year one with my now higher weekly amt, then the letter dated today telling me I'm starting tier four and my amt. available at also my new higher rate.
I had a lower weekly rate this 2nd year, so I'm guessing that my saving grace was the fact that I made less .
I collected UI for 14 weeks and 16 weeks of EUC in year 2.
I'd left off in the 4th week of tier 2 (first year)when my new benefit year started.

I also worked 10 days this year around $1200.00 worth, so a few of my checks esc paid me were lesser amts., that may have made a difference also.
My op was taken care of out of this weeks check.... so far(ha)

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 09-28-2010 at 08:07 PM..

Old 09-28-2010, 08:28 PM

12 posts, read 24,255 times
Quote:
has ANYONE received letters that they owed $, that also was allowed to file for weekly benefits, NOT had 50% removed?

this isnt for those that filed, but nothing happened. or Benefits Exhausted.

you got overpayment letters, you were able to file, and you got a FULL weekly amount.

anyone?
I got an overpayment letter and was able to file for weekly benefits and got the full amount.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:06 PM

330 posts, read 461,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonhelper View Post
I got an overpayment letter and was able to file for weekly benefits and got the full amount.
hm. how, i wonder.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:11 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,773,761 times
Has anyone received or expect to receive a "final" letter that outlines a complete accounting of what happened. You know, something simple like total OP, how available funds were applied, what the balance is and what tier we're in.

That would be a nice thing. I'm not sure how to tell what letter is the last one.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:18 PM

12 posts, read 24,255 times
Quote:
hm. how, i wonder.
I don't know...it's been a weird couple days of letters. First started off with a phantom payment of $316 on the the 24th that didn't post on my benefits history. I was getting $241 + $25 for a while after I applied for my second year and got adjusted from $281 + $25 to the current $241 + $25. Now they sent me letters saying I'm back on $281 + $25 but that I only have like $562 of my EUC (not sure the tier) then another letter saying I'm eligible for EB for 20 weeks. Does that mean that my tier is up? Also I haven't received a "final letter" saying how much I really owe. I didn't get any deduction from my last week that deposited today so I'm really confused. I'll be waiting for that "final letter" then.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 PM

46 posts, read 70,177 times
I am getting bug-eyed from reading this. lol I'm trying to follow it all but I think I'm too stressed from this and other family matters to make sense of anything right now.
I got to thinking today...do we have any legal recourse with this? I mean, unemployment is "insurance" to help us in these times of need. If many of us end up owing monies that will put us in a bigger financial mess than before, it could force us to file for social services to survive. Do they want that to happen? I'm sure ya'll like myself, have each week planned out what bill gets paid. This would just make things impossible.
From the ESC front page:
The mission of the Employment Security Commission is to promote and sustain the economic well being of North Carolinians in the world marketplace by providing high quality and accessible workforce-related services. The Commission provides employment services, unemployment insurance, and labor market information to the State`s workers, employers, and the public. These services promote economic stability and growth, development of a skilled workforce, and a world class economy for North Carolina.

And they wonder why we lose faith in our local systems and government. Perhaps they can pull some funds to cover this from our state leaders' trips and parties, when someone should have had a better eye on this.
Sorry, but I'm angry. As if losing a job that you thought was secure isn't upsetting enough, now this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina