Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 05:58 PM

407 posts, read 661,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
WRAL with a MUCH better story tonight.
very heavy on the 50% thing.
and more from Mr Clegg. yeah, he looked really concerned and empathetic. not.
one line from reporter Erin Hartness: with recipients coming to the end of benefits, the ESC wanted to collect the overpayments back while they still had the chance.
although the story was better it was STILL missing a lot of info
1. it didnt mention ANYTHING about replacing wrongly paid weeks with EB weeks
2. it still gave the COME SIGN A WAIVER as if that had a REAL CHANCE of helping you
and 3. it gave the wrong impression to the general public that is NOT personally impacted, that This was just a case of US the unemployed getting $ we didnt deserve and that the ESC was going to cut checks in 1/2 as the solution

They REALLY need a story to break down that its NOT that we got $$$ we didnt deserve--- for the most part it is $ we STILL deserved but the state payed it out Incorrectly and 2. they need to go into the swapping out of weeks and explain that to people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Glad you were not affected.
Really while this may be a bit of a hastle, it is also a blessing for us. I don't think many of use would have gotten EB from BY1 as most of us had a BY2 with no extensions on that year2.
I don't know for sure, but I think that is correct. My understanding is now we will be at or very near 99 weeks, where as without this adjustment, we would run out of benefits once tier 4 ended.

I got a letter today saying I am eligible for Tier 4. Full 6 weeks, but of course that is gone. No word on EB yet. My staus still shows the same as it has been, Benefits Exhausted. I suppect that will change soon, once I am moved to EB.
I haven't called, as I am thinking this will be automatic within a few more days at most. If it doesn't, then I shall call.
Its your call, BUT almost every rep I talked to told me that they were so swamped that unless someone in that situation calls and has them manually do it, that the claim WONT be reopened at least for a few weeks b/c they are ALL working on OP issues now

i was told by 3 different reps, that 99.99% of all the reps are working SOLELY on that issue alone, and NORMAL CLAIM Issues are being moved down the list of priorities to work on these OP issues

Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM

193 posts, read 286,165 times
I took a break today. I did re-email my underpayment issue. I still haven't gotten a call/email.

i'd LOVE to have this money cas the MC Birthday ball is coming up! My last oo-rah before I come back to NC.

And how is it I've been here for 2 yrs and haven't gotten one single interview. But the past week, i've been looking in Raleigh, and I have 2 interviews, via phone, on Monday. Weird.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:46 PM

81 posts, read 174,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
Its your call, BUT almost every rep I talked to told me that they were so swamped that unless someone in that situation calls and has them manually do it, that the claim WONT be reopened at least for a few weeks b/c they are ALL working on OP issues now
Okay, I may call tomorrow then. I just supposed it was like the pull forwards, where everyone was so nervous, but it was really pretty automatic. I never had to call about that.
But I believe I will over this and see if that has me straightened out by next week
Thanks

Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 AM

OK UPDATE--- WELL 2 things happened today

1. my EB effective date which YESTERDAY said 9/26 HAS in fact been back dated to 8/8
WHICH should have offset my OP balance!
BUTTTTTTT
2. I got a 50% payment posted to my account also!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE the payment was generated BEFORE they adjusted my dates, BUT since they backdated EB to offset the OP and now i have less EB weeks
they SHOULD have given me a FULL payment

IT NEVER ENDS!!!! NOW I MUST CALL THEM AGAIN !!!!!!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 AM

AND the addtl $25 a week WAS NOT INCLUDED!!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:33 AM

36 posts, read 56,814 times
Has anyone else tried to navigate the new ESC website today? It is more than slow. It won't move!! ARGH

I'm trying to find the number to call to speak with someone to get me on EB, assuming my Tier 4 (got letter saying I was authorized for Tier 4 on Tuesday) was used to pay my $1,781 in overpayment. Can anyone tell me that number?

I left a VM Monday, but have heard from no one yet.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:34 AM

u can actually call remote services at
1-866-278-3822
and have someone Manually reopen the claim
ALSO tell them to BACKDATE it to when tier 4 ran out

Old 09-30-2010, 05:36 AM

36 posts, read 56,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
OK UPDATE--- WELL 2 things happened today

1. my EB effective date which YESTERDAY said 9/26 HAS in fact been back dated to 8/8
WHICH should have offset my OP balance!
BUTTTTTTT
2. I got a 50% payment posted to my account also!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE the payment was generated BEFORE they adjusted my dates, BUT since they backdated EB to offset the OP and now i have less EB weeks
they SHOULD have given me a FULL payment

IT NEVER ENDS!!!! NOW I MUST CALL THEM AGAIN !!!!!!!!!
Yow. They took 7 weeks from you for OP! At least that leaves you with 13 EB weeks and will take you to Nov 27. Right? I am still benefits exhausted with no payment at all this week...what number do you call for help getting onto EB?

Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 AM

ACTUALLY it works out to like 6.1 weeks they took from me
i assume ill get a partial week at the end
AND they are SUPPOSED to credit me back the $ from the 2nd year "1 week waiting period" as well
but not sure how that happens

and NO itd be 13 and a % weeks from NOW so im good til the end of the year
OR the first of 2011 once they credit back that extra week also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina