Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 04:14 AM

2 posts, read 7,310 times

Advertisements

azaazazz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 02:54 AM

27 posts, read 47,431 times
I guess we have a new deadline coming up on extensions about a month away now. Wonder if congress will drop the ball again like the last time, or.. not extend it at all.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 AM

656 posts, read 1,142,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowska View Post
I guess we have a new deadline coming up on extensions about a month away now. Wonder if congress will drop the ball again like the last time, or.. not extend it at all.
My guess is they'll extend it.
However, it's frustrating to know what's coming up.... the whole computer switch over mess again!
I really hope (IF) they extend the date they won't won't wait until the last minute to do it.
That last minute decision seems to be the cause of so much craziness for the ESC everytime.

Actually, we have less than a month., May 22nd is the first deadline to roll over from your UI and May 29th is the deadline for people to roll over into their next tier.
I'll need a pull forward from leftover year one benefits right at the 29th deadline , so that will probably be on the back burner until everything else is fixed> UGH!

Old 05-07-2010, 02:52 PM

27 posts, read 47,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
My guess is they'll extend it.
I hope you're right, I see nothing in the news searches about them actually working on it. They have a recess coming up as well, so just like when they went home for easter, they may leave it undone so to speak.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowska View Post
I hope you're right, I see nothing in the news searches about them actually working on it. They have a recess coming up as well, so just like when they went home for easter, they may leave it undone so to speak.
Yikes!
I hadn't heard about the recess!
When will that be?

I haven't heard anything solid on any forums, just alot of specualtion. Seems the majority of people "think" they'll add another extended date, HOPEFULLY until the end of 2010!

We'll just have to keep watching the news, reading and pass along any info that any of us may get.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:08 PM

776 posts, read 1,687,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Yikes!
I hadn't heard about the recess!
When will that be?

Well...which recess do you want to find out about?

It's unbelievable how much "recess" these savages get. But FYI, their next recess is May 31st-June 6th. Then July 5th-July 11th. Then a month long summer recess which goes from August 9th to Sept 12th. And don't forget adjournment in October (most will be very busy however trying to get re-elected).

As for the recesseseseses they've already had this year...let's see March 29th-April 11th...February 15th-21st.

Some take advantage of their recess and hold Town Halls or do more work directly in their state. Others take their families on trips to other countries on "business"...which means, you and I end up footing the bill.

They're all rock stars.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well...which recess do you want to find out about?

It's unbelievable how much "recess" these savages get. But FYI, their next recess is May 31st-June 6th. Then July 5th-July 11th. Then a month long summer recess which goes from August 9th to Sept 12th. And don't forget adjournment in October (most will be very busy however trying to get re-elected).

As for the recesseseseses they've already had this year...let's see March 29th-April 11th...February 15th-21st.

Some take advantage of their recess and hold Town Halls or do more work directly in their state. Others take their families on trips to other countries on "business"...which means, you and I end up footing the bill.

They're all rock stars.
Well I looked up the "ROCK STARS" rescesseseses, last night> lol!
They do have lotsa timeouts don't they
I really, really REALLY hope they get this May date extended before they head to the beach for a week.
If their last 2 breaks are any indicator, then we'll be waiting again.........
I'm still waiting to win the powerball, trouble is, I don't want to spend my precious dollar on the ticket.
I did get a call back from my last Wed. job interview(yay)
Trying to stay positive, however I was told 36 others will be
(re) interviewing for the same position... KeRpLoP!
I have 4 weeks left of my UI .....
The countdown begins!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:55 AM

3 posts, read 5,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Really, I don't know that it's necessary to notify ESC of a start date if it's a part time side job and you're going to continue to search for full time employment while continuing to certify each week. Folks are encouraged to take part time employment (thus the earnings allowance) while searching for full time employment. If, though, you do end up keeping this job and you decide that you're ok with part time employment, so your regular and customary time base becomes part time (as opposed to full time), you'll need to stop doing your weekly certifications, as unemployment is not designed to supplement part time employment.

Keep up the work search and report all earnings, before taxes, and all should be ok. As far as leaving the job, I'll be honest that I'm not entirely sure whether or not that would have to be used as your last employer. I don't believe so since you'd be continuing to file each week and it really is a part time side job and not intended to be your new, replacement employment. But I could be wrong.
Thank you very much for the information! I don't think I'll be keeping this job very long, so yes I'll still be looking elsewhere for something fulltime.

As far as reporting the earnings, if I'm paid every other week, do I report what I'm *going* to get paid for each week based on how many hours I work, i.e. guesstimate what I'll be getting and enter something for each week even though I haven't actually been paid for it yet, or do I only report earnings on those weeks when I actually get a paycheck?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:13 AM

23 posts, read 101,372 times
Can EB be pulled forward if you're collecting and your benefit year ends? (I obviously can't open a new claim because I haven't worked in two years!)

Old 05-09-2010, 05:57 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,443,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg View Post
Thank you very much for the information! I don't think I'll be keeping this job very long, so yes I'll still be looking elsewhere for something fulltime.

As far as reporting the earnings, if I'm paid every other week, do I report what I'm *going* to get paid for each week based on how many hours I work, i.e. guesstimate what I'll be getting and enter something for each week even though I haven't actually been paid for it yet, or do I only report earnings on those weeks when I actually get a paycheck?
Yes, really you should estimate based on hourly rate and number of hours worked. It needs to be reported in the week it was earned, not the week it was paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina