Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 02:56 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,435,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
my friend is the Labor lawyer. i wonder if i take him and make an investigation on Tier 4 not being retroactive.
it seems to me , that by law, Tier 4 should go right after Tier 3 expired, and if it's not paid on time due to programming issues, it has to be backdated when the programming done. To me, it seems like a law, not a choice.
This will be little consolation, I'm sure, but if it was retroactive, you'd likely get it all at once and be completely exhausted. Whereas if it's not, you can certify each week and have a small payment until it's exhausted. I know, it's 6 of one, half-dozen of the other.

AND, I have not heard whether it will or won't be retroactive. I know someone told you that, but I wonder why everyone has not been told?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 02:56 PM

10 posts, read 17,902 times
My Profile was updated also it shows no more overpayment and regular active claim,should I certify this Sunday Or will it mess things up, because I havent gotten any info as to certify or not and its 5:00pm on Friday??

Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobegone View Post
i checked my claim profile today, and where it used to say "Benefits Exhausted", it now says "Regular Active Claim". I'm hopefully assuming that as a result of my call to the 866# this past tuesday (and whatever computer fixes that were necessary), my issue with transitioning to tier 2 has been resolved (fingers on both hands crossed!). maybe jdljr can confirm... anyway, i'll keep all posted, and continue to monitor this much needed forum - jdljr, like everyone here, i cannot begin to tell you how appreciated you are!!
Yea, it sounds like it's been resolved, as if they're a fund of money there. Slowly many of the issue claims are being resolved, as fixes become known.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
I think my case is different than the others because there are actually 2 issues. 1. I finished up a new claim on 2/27 which didn't qualify for any extensions AND 2. They need to pull forward from a previous year.

I hope when Jdljr comes back he can verify all of this.
Well the 2/27 issue should be fixed, it's just a matter of performing a transaction to bump your claim into pay status since it stopped when the Feb 28th date came and hadn't yet been extended. Now that it has, slowly those claims are being reopened.

The last word I have received is that they are going to be running pull forwards every Tuesday.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renniegirl View Post
Has anyone noticed that the reports on the legislation indicate that the "phase out" date (the cutoff from moving from regular unemployment to EUC or to move from tier to tier in EUC) is a much later date federally than it is in NC? For instance, the bill that just passed moved the phase out date from Apr 5th to Sept 5th. But the NC website gave this date as Feb 28th in mid Feb, and now gives (as of today) as Apr 3rd. Are they just trying to scare people so people might look for a job that otherwise wouldn't, or can they actually choose their own cutoff dates??
I honestly think it's just that the website has not been updated to reflect the new date, if it's been signed, which I don't think it officially has been.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrd111 View Post
My Profile was updated also it shows no more overpayment and regular active claim,should I certify this Sunday Or will it mess things up, because I havent gotten any info as to certify or not and its 5:00pm on Friday??
I would certify.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:29 PM

10 posts, read 17,902 times
Just received a letter,Its the 10th this month,that I am monetarily eligible for EB it ='s 4.39 weeks.If Tier 4kicks in before the 4.39 weeks is up will I go right into tier 4 or do I have to use up the EB first Thanks,

Old 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM

131 posts, read 232,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
You may be far beyond your Tier 2, however that letter likely says REVISION on it on the right hand side. This is simply letting you know that your total Tier 2 amount has been REVISED by a little bit, as a result of legislation signed last November by the President. When he signed Tier 3 and Tier 4, also included in the bill was one additional "week" (it's not a full week for some, it's a percentage) of Tier 2. So this letter was letting you know that your Tier 2 had been augmented by this additional "week" of Tier 2. The letter is NOT saying you have another whole big pot of money of Tier 2. The dollar figure there on the letter now includes the extra "week". You should receive that extra "week", if you haven't already, at some point after you finish Tier 3. If you've finished Tier 3, and have simply just been waiting for Tier 4, someone may need to reopen your claim for you to get that one "week" of Tier 2.

Just to add to the enlightening info jdljr describes here, also know that week# 14 of Tier 2 is not a full week. It is only about 4% of the original maximum amount. For instance, my reg. max amt. was $7254. My week #14 will be $290.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:16 PM

86 posts, read 174,143 times
Quote:
This will be little consolation, I'm sure, but if it was retroactive, you'd likely get it all at once and be completely exhausted. Whereas if it's not, you can certify each week and have a small payment until it's exhausted. I know, it's 6 of one, half-dozen of the other.

AND, I have not heard whether it will or won't be retroactive. I know someone told you that, but I wonder why everyone has not been told?
i d rather get it in lump sum then to wait until i get it for a couple of weeks and something else happens with my case. if you can, can you find out in your office if it's retro or not. seems like several people on this thread also confirmed that it's not retroactive. thanks

Old 03-13-2010, 05:43 PM

28 posts, read 67,877 times
Quote:
Yes, you are correct. Total base period wages must be equal to or greater than 1 1/2 times the high quarter in order to be monetarily eligible for an extension.
Is there any truth that the fourth tier extension will be ready on March 17, 2010 and for those who have exhausted all tiers except the fourth extension and whose claims are saying benefits exhausted how will they file a weekly certification or will the ESC do it they way they did the third tier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina