Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 02:19 PM

18 posts, read 35,444 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 02:34 PM

86 posts, read 174,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Can you get into your claim to print out your benedits online?
only for the current benefit year

Old 03-10-2010, 02:52 PM

177 posts, read 304,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
only for the current benefit year
Why are they saying you were overpaid?

Old 03-10-2010, 03:02 PM

The reason I ask is that I went to the esc website, and found the formulas. Here they are: To determine how many weeks you will get on you regular claim you add up all 4 quarters of your base period. Then divide that by the highest quarter. Finally you multiply by 8.66. This gives you the total number of weeks. Of course that can not be more than 26 weeks. To get your weekly amount you take your high quarter and divide by 26. All other tiers are based on your original claim. If you qualify for EUC --I think Tier one is 80%, Tier 2 is 50%, Tier 3 is 50% and Tier 4 is around 25%. I hope this offers insight and doesn't just tell you something you already know. I know that at one time or another Jdjlr has already given these out. I couldn't find them here so I thought you probably couldn't either if you needed them.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:11 PM

86 posts, read 174,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
The reason I ask is that I went to the esc website, and found the formulas. Here they are: To determine how many weeks you will get on you regular claim you add up all 4 quarters of your base period. Then divide that by the highest quarter. Finally you multiply by 8.66. This gives you the total number of weeks. Of course that can not be more than 26 weeks. To get your weekly amount you take your high quarter and divide by 26. All other tiers are based on your original claim. If you qualify for EUC --I think Tier one is 80%, Tier 2 is 50%, Tier 3 is 50% and Tier 4 is around 25%. I hope this offers insight and doesn't just tell you something you already know. I know that at one time or another Jdjlr has already given these out. I couldn't find them here so I thought you probably couldn't either if you needed them.
thanks for the info. they can't tell why i got overpaid, they just see the balance as negative. i also asked them how they calculated my weekly amount, they said that the system doesn't show any more my quarterly earnings because it was quite a while ago.
i earned at least 20k every quarter, so i should be getting the max of 505 every week. but i only get 450, may be it was max back in 2008 and they that's what they go by i quess in 2010 also.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 PM

I would appeal any overpayment. The max as of Nov. 2008 was 494. In 2009 it went up to 505. However, it is my understanding that you are maxed out at what ever the max was at the time you filed your claim. I am sure you have thought of this but did you happen to keep your original determination letter? It has all the numbers.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:16 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
No no no.... I Mispoke!

My 2nd benefit year doesnt end in april
i meant my UI ends in April

I started a second benefit year in Jan 2010, and qualified for only 13 weeks, which run out at the end of April

THATS WHAT I MEANT sorry i was not clear

would they still automatically pull me into tier 3 at that time when my UI runs out for year 2 (the 13 weeks) since i dont qualify for any extensions on this year??

sorry, i know its confusing, even to me!
At that time, yes, you would have to have a "pull forward" to pull forward your unused EUC from your previous benefit year. You would begin wherever you left off with your EUC in your previous benefit year.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
JDLJR in your example, if someone let's say had 25k in their high quarter, their weekly amount would be $494. i got that part. But when that person filed their 2nd benefit year in 2009, would it stay at 494 as original, or would go up to 505. thanks again
It would depend on when in 2009 it was filed. If it was before August, it would stay at $494. If it was sometime toward the end of August, it would be the $505. The maximum weekly benefit amount potentially changes each year, at the end of August.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:20 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,001 times
Quote:
everybody stop pointing fingers at people who had arguments with JDLJR. it's a done deal. no need for these reminders. it's obvious he is appreciated and needed.
we should all send the thank you letter to his local office. unless, he doesn't want his co-workers to know about that. but if it is ok by him, we should help him in return with something and send a thank you letter or some kind of letter.
Sounds good to me

Old 03-10-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused10 View Post
It is open cause they I told them to refile my claim. I kept filing after feb. 6th my year ended. processed for payment but I have never received anything exhaustion of benefits, filed the 20th 27th processed for payment but no money.the 27th went to claim on a "new benefit" year was the message. isn't that pull forward for tier 1V. so I'm assuming it was open. but I couldn't on 3/6 cause of exhaustion still. when I talked to the reps they had to send it to raleigh and then raleigh would tell them to reopen then I got this letter I wasn'teligible insufficient. funds. so I guess they didn't reopen. I have no issues just exhaustion of benefits.
Honestly, I can't tell without looking at your claim. Your best bet would be to go to your local office and ask to speak with the most knowledgeable person in the office and see if they can make heads or tails of your claim. Without seeing it for myself, I can't.

It could be that you didn't qualify for regular UI and unused extension money from your previous benefit year should have set up on your new benefit year but didn't. There are still certain issues with claims right now that we don't yet have fixes for. I wouldn't give up until I talked to someone who spent the time to show me each screen from all your benefit years and confirm that you have no balance of funds left from any program in any benefit year. If that's the case, then you may be waiting for the Tier 4 programming to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina