Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 07:19 PM

848 posts, read 1,120,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Wow 2 weeks to get results back for this? Pap smear results are back quicker than that. My daughter had an mri of her brain when she was 3 weeks old and we had results the next day. This is where it’s hard to make sense of the healthcare system.

How do people feel about trump calling this the Chinese virus? It never occurred to me to call it that since it’s called coronavirus. A reporter questioned why he kept calling it Chinese virus and said it was racist. He was like, it comes from China. I don’t recall anyone being upset about Spanish flu. No one wants to point fingers at anyone here and it seems defeating the virus is the goal... but trump does raise a good point in that China took their time in alerting the rest of the world about this. It originated in China and it’s certainly made a huge mess for the world.
Technically, the virus originated from bats. Why not call it the Bat Virus? Because Trump politicizes everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 07:28 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
Technically, the virus originated from bats. Why not call it the Bat Virus? Because Trump politicizes everything.
It went from a bat to another animal that is apparently unknown at this time to people. I’m sorry but people in China eat some weird ass things that they shouldn’t be eating and they don’t seem to have the most hygenic lifestyle the way they live on top of each other. Maybe they’ll change their ways.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:28 PM

14,021 posts, read 15,018,765 times
MBTA ridership was down 80% On Tuesday

Old 03-18-2020, 08:27 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
MBTA ridership was down 80% On Tuesday
Mbta will probably go bankrupt from this. I have a monthly pass through work, I guess I shouldn’t expect a refund.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:33 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
It went from a bat to another animal that is apparently unknown at this time to people. I’m sorry but people in China eat some weird ass things that they shouldn’t be eating and they don’t seem to have the most hygenic lifestyle the way they live on top of each other. Maybe they’ll change their ways.
Sorry but this is an ethnocentric comment, big-time. I'm a lifelong vegetarian...it's like me asking all you guys to stop eating meat because of all the salmonella / e.coli outbreaks that have been associated with that industry. In other words, I don't distinguish between eating a bat vs. eating a cow...it's ethically all the same to me, but I can't impose my standards on the rest of the world.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:42 PM

295 posts, read 317,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Sorry but this is an ethnocentric comment, big-time. I'm a lifelong vegetarian...it's like me asking all you guys to stop eating meat because of all the salmonella / e.coli outbreaks that have been associated with that industry. In other words, I don't distinguish between eating a bat vs. eating a cow...it's ethically all the same to me, but I can't impose my standards on the rest of the world.
Didn’t Swine flu come from pigs, a supposedly normal food? And what’s the capital city of Swine? and if they call this Chinese virus, what if there’s another one in 10 years that comes from China? Will it be called Chinese Virus #2? that would be really confusing to the history books.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:56 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post

"Ethically all the same" is not "biologically all the same."

Certain diseases are communicable between humans and animals (whether eaten or not) and certain diseases are not. That's a significant real fact whether you're vegetarian or not. Your eating ethics are irrelevant to the issue.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:03 PM

I read swine flu originated in mexico. Ebola came from Africa, SARS originated in China, bird flu came from China.

I guess the US is supposed to just remain PC and empathetic to everyone and find a cure for all these illnesses inflicted upon us by other countries. Trump seems to think China should be punished.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:23 PM

295 posts, read 317,224 times
Quote:
I read swine flu originated in mexico. Ebola came from Africa, SARS originated in China, bird flu came from China.

I guess the US is supposed to just remain PC and empathetic to everyone and find a cure for all these illnesses inflicted upon us by other countries. Trump seems to think China should be punished.
We’ve also got vCJD that supposedly came from eating beef with Mad cow disease thanks to our friends from the UK. luckily it’s rare. Don’t forget about all these avian/bird flus as well that affects chicken. vegetarian might very well be the way to go, but then you’ve got to worry about the pesticide aspect of that.

Last edited by Steephill2; 03-18-2020 at 09:51 PM..

Old 03-18-2020, 09:47 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steephill2 View Post
We’ve also got vCJD that supposedly came from eating beef with Mad cow disease thanks to our friends from the UK. luckily it’s rare.

Brains to be specific. Brits eat some weird shizzle, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts