Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 04:23 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I agree that this could be a wake up for society in many different ways. From how we spend money to how we commute to how we spend time with family.
I hope this is a wake up call that we have to be more careful with our boarders and points of entry. We can't stop what other countries do but we can be careful here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 04:57 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
It didn’t take decades.

And yeah why isn’t there a vaccine for the cold? Or a universal vaccine. Watch pandemic. There won’t be a vaccine for coronavirus for a long time. So we can stay inside for years or get real.
"The History of Extraordinary Breakthroughs in Fertility Treatments"
https://uncfertility.com/fertility-b...ty-treatments/

"Ignorance is not, not knowing something. It is knowing what isn't so." ...Mark Twain

Old 03-17-2020, 05:00 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I hope this is a wake up call that we have to be more careful with our boarders and points of entry. We can't stop what other countries do but we can be careful here.
As a frequent tourist of Canada, I am against tightening restrictions of our national borders beyond what is now in place if that's what you mean but I am for increasing manufacturing in the U.S. and decreasing the dependence on other countries to provide our needs. Many of our needed medical supplies for instance are made elsewhere. I am reading the side panel of my box of Johnson & Johnson band-aids as I am typing this and it says that the bandages are made in Brazil. Why can't a simple thing like a bandage be manufactured here in the U.S. instead? In any case of logistical mishap and supplies cannot come in, we're screwed. That's also part of the reason why we don't have a strong economic safety net in this country. So many well paying jobs have been outsourced that many are forced to take on lesser paying retail or hospitality jobs that don't offer adequate pay or benefits like time off and all people are saying is "oh well". That to me is a wake up call.

Old 03-17-2020, 05:19 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
If anyone that went on a hoarding streak of toilet paper in the face of this wants to lambast or keep out refugees fleeing war and famine, well, they can go straight to hell.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:10 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Worst. St Patrick’s day. Ever.
Please. Stop. Whining.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:20 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
The states are doing the right thing. The UK tried doing it the other way, doing nothing and just letting the chips fall as they may. The government got so much flack from people who'd seen what happened in other countries and from experts that they've now done a 180, just two days ago.

They'll be coming out with more but so far a lot of stuff is more or less in lockdown and elderly people will be required to stay inside for 3? months. The government is making arrangements to pay people who lose their jobs or have to stay home in quarantine and lose their pay. It's still evolving each day and most people, having watched Italy, are glad.

Our economy will crash and it will probably be like 1929. The Great Depression of 1929 changed people forever and one result was safety nets like Social Security. Maybe people will stop this "every man for himself" and realize that stuff happens. And that we sometimes need a net to catch us.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:48 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,487 times
BOSTON (CBS) – The number of coronavirus cases in Massachusetts surpassed 200 on Tuesday. With 21 new positive tests, there are now a total of 218 in the state.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:49 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Please. Stop. Whining.
There was a lot to be unhappy about today.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:23 PM

12,866 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If anyone that went on a hoarding streak of toilet paper in the face of this wants to lambast or keep out refugees fleeing war and famine, well, they can go straight to hell.
Absolutely.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:31 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
He's referring to people from age 30 to 50.

Coronavirus doctor says lung scans for young patients were ‘nothing short of terrifying’

"He said CT scans indicated they were suffering from severe lung damage.

“The images we took yesterday are nothing short of terrifying,” the doctor told the station.

“They are people who do not smoke, who have no other conditions such as diabetes or heart failure,” Demeyer added."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts