Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 05:35 AM

636 posts, read 706,097 times

Advertisements

Re:
Pot like booze, influence/change people's brains/minds to make irresponsible and unhealthy decisions.

Look at booze, the barrooms are mobbed until they were closed, with people that could not just stay home and get boozed up, they need to go out and get boozed up 'in 'atmosphere; irresponsibly disregarding the possibility of contracting the c virus--- as well as other viruses and unwanted pregnancies.

Who knows, at least not me, the POT partying that is going on. Sharing the dope bongs so they can feel like they are "cool"

Last edited by wror; 03-17-2020 at 05:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 05:40 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Not quite. The swings in the marketplace can largely be accounted to Consumer investors rather than large institutions. A test of this will be on Thursday and Friday when the options markets close the third Thursday of each month is when the puts and calls options end.

Much of the market can be driven by algorithms that don't necessarily look at corollary factors it's largely an if then else scenario.

Companies that have no physical product cnd continue to operate as their Leverage is more balanced than those that have physical products.
The bolded is false if by consumer you mean investors like you and I.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:18 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
That being said, this strategy better work. I can easily see unrest if we pass the month point and these measures are still in place. All these people without jobs or severely cut back hours, regardless of whatever unemployment benefits states might come up with, are going to be on drugs. I think increased crime could happen, especially as it coincides with warmer weather.
I can see that too. But...I think it will work and further I do think that the government will not tolerate it not working. It will simply tell the medical industry they are going to have to deal with it and we are all heading back to normal life. Honestly I won't be disposed to sit at home any longer after 30 days.

But, today it was reported that South Korea had less than 90 new cases. Their peak of 900 new cases came on February 26th. So in two weeks of "severe" measures they largely got it under control.

I also feel like within 60 days we will have a drug or a treatment to make it not so severe.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:25 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
People don’t get the long term effect of this. This isn’t just a 2 week shut down. Already tired of these happy smiling face pics of privileged people on Facebook that are outlined with that stupid ‘stay home’ app thing. Yeah easy for them as they sit on their ass and get paid while many don’t. I’m in the same boat as them in that I am getting paid still to work from home but how long will this go on for ? I bet their calmness and happy relaxed pictures end real fast if their employer decides to cut them because there’s less work and less money to go around.

My kids drove me nuts yesterday and it was day 1 of them being home. It’s not their fault of course but homeschooling and entertaining a 3 and 5 yr old while trying to work from home and keep the house somewhat in order is no small task. But I’m not supposed to talk about that I guess because we’re trying to save lives.

Libraries are closed. My kids hockey, gymnastics, dance class, swim class all closed. Going anywhere with people is basically not allowed. I think people who are saying families should just enjoy this time together are naive. Unfortunately my kids will be having more screen time than I’d like but I can’t entertain them 24/7 which is what they need at their ages. Kids need structure at these ages.

People who don’t have kids won’t understand, they don’t have as much responsibility.

Anyone who is working in a restaurant, hotel or doing construction is not happy to be home and save the world from coronavirus.

Maybe it’s time to lower the standards for getting jobs in healthcare.

My 5 year just said wait when does school start again? Lol. Don’t know.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:53 AM

3,214 posts, read 2,121,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post

Anyone who is working in a restaurant, hotel or doing construction is not happy to be home and save the world from coronavirus.
now is not a time to have such a narrow minded view. There are greater forces than your personal situation at stake.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:01 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
now is not a time to have such a narrow minded view. There are greater forces than your personal situation at stake.
Um I don’t work in any of those industries and I still feel bad these for these folks. I’m one of the ones getting paid as I sit at home with my kids. But thanks.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:30 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Just think in thirty five years half the worlds current population will be dead..Theres life and there is death.get over it.
Kids at home..give em chores to do
Suck it up Snowflakes.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:29 AM

Stop going to restaurants and pot parties to lessen the possibilities of contracting the virus
The only reason one goes to a restaurant or bar rooms or Pot parties is to show other people how happy a person you are. To fulfil some psychosociological need only a professional psychologist could explain in further details.

Stay home and get drunk and or potted up. Say home and eat.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:49 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Stop going to restaurants and pot parties to lessen the possibilities of contracting the virus
The only reason one goes to a restaurant or bar rooms or Pot parties is to show other people how happy a person you are. To fulfil some psychosociological need only a professional psychologist could explain in further details.

Stay home and get drunk and or potted up. Say home and eat.
I thought the main reason to go to a restaurant was to eat food. I guess I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
I thought the main reason to go to a restaurant was to eat food. I guess I've been doing it wrong this whole time.
It's to be seen eating.
You cat eat at home anytime. no reservations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts