Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 01:23 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,498,025 times

Advertisements

Old 06-10-2012, 01:30 PM

9,221 posts, read 16,015,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileDave View Post
Not exactly.

Two separate which have already broken ground.

Breaking ground in December.

Phase II of a project that has already broken ground.

More residential

Rice Village

Houston just has more potential to fill in. There are so many midrises like this popping up all over the Inner Loop. It's going to look crazy after this decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Not every building to shame.....Im sorry.
Yeah, this thing is just scorching the Nasher Sculpture Garden, and still only has 16 (if that) units sold. Disaster so far, but it is a great building to look at.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:39 PM

Old 06-10-2012, 01:42 PM

563 posts, read 913,880 times
Quote:
Not every building to shame.....Im sorry.
I'm not going to lie, that is one great looking building. There's no way I could say with certainty which one I think looks better until I can see them both standing and not just in an illustration. However, I am definitely partial to the spiral pattern around the Weslayan building and how the entire outside is made out of glass - including all of the patios.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Houston just has more potential to fill in. There are so many midrises like this popping up all over the Inner Loop. It's going to look crazy after this decade.

Yeah, this thing is just scorching the Nasher Sculpture Garden, and still only has 16 (if that) units sold. Disaster so far, but it is a great building to look at.
And thats all that matters....whats the purpose of stating the 16 unit crap??...thats not what we are discussing. Houstonians were constantly reminding us that this thread was not about vibrancy and to stick to the subject...it would be nice if houstonians took their own advice.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:52 PM

9,221 posts, read 16,015,134 times
Quote:
And thats all that matters....whats the purpose of stating the 16 unit crap??...thats not what we are discussing. Houstonians were constantly reminding us that this thread was not about vibrancy and to stick to the subject...it would be nice if houstonians took their own advice.
Because that nice looking building should have never been built in the first place. They wanted it up so fast, they didn't think about what was already in place around it, and how it there all glass surface would affect it (Nasher Sculpture Garden).

Old 06-10-2012, 02:19 PM

18,495 posts, read 33,084,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileDave View Post
Not exactly.

Two separate which have already broken ground.

Breaking ground in December.

Phase II of a project that has already broken ground.

More residential

Rice Village

Nice come back.

I don't know why some Dallas folks thing that Dallas is the only one putting up these developments. Anyone who say Houston builds tall while Dallas builds dense have never taken a drive down Webster/ 4th ward or west of the Galleria area.

some posters make these general statements about Houston that are not based in truth at all. Midtown directly south of Downtown does not have as much going on, but the western part of Midtown/ 4th ward, Washington ave is just booming with that type of development and they go on for much longer stretches than in the State Thomas area of Dallas. Find both on google maps and compare.

also on the opposite side, dense residential are popping up on the east side of Downtown too. I have little hope for the south of Downtown. The land prices are just too high right now

Old 06-10-2012, 02:42 PM

18,495 posts, read 33,084,731 times
Museum Tower is the love child between the Chevron Tower and the Austonian.
The Chevron towers are the prettiest of the three though.

The Austonian looks a little bit too much like an uncircumcised pee pee so it is my least fave of the three.

I would say MT comes in second.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Because that nice looking building should have never been built in the first place. They wanted it up so fast, they didn't think about what was already in place around it, and how it there all glass surface would affect it (Nasher Sculpture Garden).
...And tell us what that has to do with the design of the building again???...Because thats what I thought we were comparing.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Museum Tower is the love child between the Chevron Tower and the Austonian.
The Chevron towers are the prettiest of the three though.

The Austonian looks a little bit too much like an uncircumcised pee pee so it is my least fave of the three.

I would say MT comes in second.
This is funny because I agree with every word...I like that Houston building just a half of a hairs better,but it does not put it to shame in no form or fashion. What gives it the edge is the different variations of the patios....The "Enron Towers still remain to be my favorite towers in Texas........Its a shame that they never show up in any of the Houston photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas