Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 06:54 PM

2,931 posts, read 5,288,502 times

Advertisements

^^^
where on earth in the woodlands does this exist?

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Old 06-09-2012, 06:58 PM

6,762 posts, read 10,022,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileDave View Post
It's really no competition and we will go rounds with the Dallas posters because they are too immersed in their own bias to admit it. They keep trying to get a good shot of the same old tired Dallas skyline just to be in the same ballpark as Houston but it all looks the same so you cant cheat it. It's like they are trying to measure their man parts while using their backbone as a starting point (yes, you know it's true).

The following pics were posted by someone else on CD. There is also a picture of The Woodlands below.

Tired Skyline? Downtown Houston and Dallas skylines have not changed much since the 80s. Most of the high-rise development in both cities is happening outside of the CBD. To say that the Dallas skyline is tired is a stretch.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:27 PM

563 posts, read 913,115 times
I guess in the future it has the possibility to look like that although I think it will look better. I actually meant to pull this image.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Tired Skyline? Downtown Houston and Dallas skylines have not changed much since the 80s. Most of the high-rise development in both cities is happening outside of the CBD. To say that the Dallas skyline is tired is a stretch.
In the past three years Houston has put up three 500+ foot buildings downtown. All of them have nice architecture and there are at least two more in the pipeline. Vacancy rates for office space are very low so it's only a matter of time before they begin.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:51 PM

6,762 posts, read 10,022,095 times
Quote:
In the past three years Houston has put up three 500+ foot buildings downtown. All of them have nice architecture and there are at least two more in the pipeline. Vacancy rates for office space are very low so it's only a matter of time before they begin.
Ok. Uptown Dallas occupancy rate is 96%. There's already numerous plans to build new office towers.

Last edited by Dallaz; 06-09-2012 at 08:09 PM..

Old 06-09-2012, 07:52 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,486,802 times
Quote:
It's really no competition and we will go rounds with the Dallas posters because they are too immersed in their own bias to admit it. They keep trying to get a good shot of the same old tired Dallas skyline just to be in the same ballpark as Houston but it all looks the same so you cant cheat it. It's like they are trying to measure their man parts while using their backbone as a starting point (yes, you know it's true).

The following pics were posted by someone else on CD. There is also a picture of The Woodlands below.

admit what???...that Houston has more buildings than Dallas? That houston has more than one skyline??....ok nobody is denying that....what we are discussing is the Many more interestingly designed buildings the OP surprisingly noticed while approaching the Dallas skyline while driving in on 45.And keep in mind the OP is a die hard Houstonian as he stated in the first post. He too tried to withhold his true admiration but just couldnt help it...he felt credit needed to be given where credit is due. Thats why he gains all the respect in the world because he put his bias aside and finally faced reality. Nobody is trying to make Dallas look bigger than Houston its just not bigger no way you slice it. But dallas is in no way inferior to Houston's skyline..period..bigger is not always better(which sheer size is the first thing Houstonians scream)even the OP said this....But...Houstonians feel that as long as Houstons skyline is bigger dallas will never be able to compare.....WRONG!!

Old 06-09-2012, 08:14 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,388,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
^^^
where on earth in the woodlands does this exist?

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)
Lol yeah, I stared at that picture for a whole minute before I finally realized something wasn't right.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:31 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,073,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Houston has built so many towers in DT just in the last decade. All of them between 377-630' tall. This is also just a partial list not even including churches, stadiums, & hotels.

1500 Lousiana - 2002
5 Houston Center - 2002
Reliant Energy Plaza - 2003
Calpine Center - 2003
One Park Place - 2009
Hess Tower - 2010

Old 06-09-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
admit what???...that Houston has more buildings than Dallas? That houston has more than one skyline??....ok nobody is denying that....what we are discussing is the Many more interestingly designed buildings the OP surprisingly noticed while approaching the Dallas skyline while driving in on 45.And keep in mind the OP is a die hard Houstonian as he stated in the first post. He too tried to withhold his true admiration but just couldnt help it...he felt credit needed to be given where credit is due. Thats why he gains all the respect in the world because he put his bias aside and finally faced reality. Nobody is trying to make Dallas look bigger than Houston its just not bigger no way you slice it. But dallas is in no way inferior to Houston's skyline..period..bigger is not always better(which sheer size is the first thing Houstonians scream)even the OP said this....But...Houstonians feel that as long as Houstons skyline is bigger dallas will never be able to compare.....WRONG!!
I never said Dallas didn't have a nice skyline - it does. Dallas has the second best skyline in Texas. I said it's tired as in not a bunch new.

I respect the OP's opinion but are you trying to say his opinion is more important than mine or the rest who have agreed with me on this thread? That somehow I should change my mind now because he did? It's not my fault this guy talked mess about Dallas without even seeing its skyline in person. I see it every couple of months or so when I go to visit family.

Dallas has a nice skyline but Houston's beats it in every form or fashion - this is my opinion. Now we can argue vibrancy but this thread is not about that. I can probably find tons of Dallas diehards that would say Houston's skyline is better or vice versa. Your acting like God came down from the heavens and taped you on the shoulder and said you were right.

One day I might change my mind given the rate both cities are about to grow but today is not that day. What I'm saying is that you are the OP reversed.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston has built so many towers in DT just in the last decade. All of them between 377-630' tall. This is also just a partial list not even including churches, stadiums, & hotels.

1500 Lousiana - 2002
5 Houston Center - 2002
Reliant Energy Plaza - 2003
Calpine Center - 2003
One Park Place - 2009
Hess Tower - 2010
BG Group Place - 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas