Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileDave View Post
I never said Dallas didn't have a nice skyline - it does. Dallas has the second best skyline in Texas. I said it's tired as in not a bunch new.

I respect the OP's opinion but are you trying to say his opinion is more important than mine or the rest who have agreed with me on this thread? That somehow I should change my mind now because he did? It's not my fault this guy talked mess about Dallas without even seeing its skyline in person. I see it every couple of months or so when I go to visit family.

Dallas has a nice skyline but Houston's beats it in every form or fashion - this is my opinion. Now we can argue vibrancy but this thread is not about that. I can probably find tons of Dallas diehards that would say Houston's skyline is better or vice versa. Your acting like God came down from the heavens and taped you on the shoulder and said you were right.

One day I might change my mind given the rate both cities are about to grow but today is not that day. What I'm saying is that you are the OP reversed.
How 'bout I make a thread about that.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:54 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,475,556 times
Quote:
I never said Dallas didn't have a nice skyline - it does. Dallas has the second best skyline in Texas. I said it's tired as in not a bunch new.

I respect the OP's opinion but are you trying to say his opinion is more important than mine or the rest who have agreed with me on this thread? That somehow I should change my mind now because he did? It's not my fault this guy talked mess about Dallas without even seeing its skyline in person. I see it every couple of months or so when I go to visit family.

Dallas has a nice skyline but Houston's beats it in every form or fashion - this is my opinion. Now we can argue vibrancy but this thread is not about that. I can probably find tons of Dallas diehards that would say Houston's skyline is better or vice versa. Your acting like God came down from the heavens and taped you on the shoulder and said you were right.

One day I might change my mind given the rate both cities are about to grow but today is not that day. What I'm saying is that you are the OP reversed.
No You are the one acting as if your opinion is the end all be all over the OP's......its almost as if you are trying to discredit the opening post because YOU think otherwise...Houstonians are posting pictures of Houston as if they are trying to prove the OP wrong in his opinion. Thats what I cant understand. Pictures of Houston have nothing to do with this thread. The OP is FROM Houston so he see's Houston everyday. But oh well no sweat off my back.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:59 PM

563 posts, read 912,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
How 'bout I make a thread about that.
If you can't beat them at one thing try another, right?

We can argue vibrancy because both cities are very close in this arena. It will be a long thread.

I would truthfully like to know when was the last time you guys were even in Houston?

Old 06-09-2012, 09:03 PM

563 posts, read 912,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
No You are the one acting as if your opinion is the end all be all over the OP's......its almost as if you are trying to discredit the opening post because YOU think otherwise...Houstonians are posting pictures of Houston as if they are trying to prove the OP wrong in his opinion. Thats what I cant understand. Pictures of Houston have nothing to do with this thread. The OP is FROM Houston so he see's Houston everyday. But oh well no sweat off my back.
So, are we only aloud to comment on a thread if we agree with the OP? When did we start doing this? He started a thread about which skyline is better. "Yes another Dallas to Houston comparison thread." So I compared.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,045,027 times
When Dallas builds anything over 560 feet tall in their downtown let me know.

Dallas is just now playing catch up to what Houston has been doing for the past decade.

Dallas doesn't even have any supertalls like Houston.

At one time in history both skylines were equal, but Houston outpaced Dallas in the 1980's.

Houston's DT skyline is almost twice the size of Dallas'.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:07 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,475,556 times
Quote:
So, are we only aloud to comment on a thread if we agree with the OP? When did we start doing this? He started a thread about which skyline is better. "Yes another Dallas to Houston comparison thread." So I compared.
He wasnt posing a question...He was simply telling his experience on entering Dallas....He did the comparison when he drove in...it wasnt for us to compare.......But Im done......no need to go back and forth.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
If you can't beat them at one thing try another, right?

We can argue vibrancy because both cities are very close in this arena. It will be a long thread.

I would truthfully like to know when was the last time you guys were even in Houston?
I was in Houston...........ummmmm about 1 year ago. I was just passing through but I did get a chance to checkout Downtown. I had no idea where I was but I do remember being by Macy's and there was a train station close by. That's about all I remember.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:17 PM

392 posts, read 634,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

Dallas is just now playing catch up to what Houston has been doing for the past decade.

At one time in history both skylines were equal, but Houston outpaced Dallas in the 1980's.

It may be just my opinion, but I see Dallas as erecting shorter buildings, but more of them. Dallas is not interested in the height of the building, as long as it is high enough to stand out.

Houston's concept, or point of view, is an observer looking at a clump of buildings from a distance. Dallas's observer would be someone who was within a forest of buildings, looking out.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

When might not have the biggest skyline but Dallas is outpacing Houston in public transportation, we already have the largest freeway system in the state and it's expanding, our metro is larger, and more. Houston only has one thing we don't. Congrats Houston!

Old 06-09-2012, 09:21 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,372,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I'm not sure if that was directed at me, but I was only sharing those pictures with everyone, as it pertains to the discussion. I wasn't trying to prove or disprove anything. I never said that I disagreed with the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas